Message from a Bears Fan

LoyalBearsFan65

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I agree with most of the posts except i think this might be the best defense the Jets have had to face in a long time.. Even back to the middle of last year.. So how would you guys address that? and Do you think the Jets are ready for such a stout defense?

Actually,Jacksonville's defense is as good as the Bears,maybe better.We are in the AFC,we see good defenses every week.The Bears aren't going to be any big revelation as far as the Jets are concerned.

For the majority of posters here, I don't need the sarcasm button.

That, my friend, is the understatement of the year.

The Jets will have a chance this weekend if the lines (offensive and defensive) play as well as they did against New England last weekend. The Jets might be a handful for the Bears - or they may lose 42-0 - we'll just have to wait and see.

As far as the WR conversation, I'd take Coles, Cotchery, and McCariens/Dwight over the Bears top three (Berrian, Muhammed, Bradley) all day long. If y'all play soft cover-2, Coles and Cotchery are going to eat your lunch.

There is no doubt, Jets are playing well. Giants game was a statement game for Chicago, with conference title implications. Before you turn to the overused and no longer as valid, NFC is weak argument, remember that in order to get to the big dance, you still need to win your conference. I'll try to be as objective as I can, when I tell you Bears have much, much better chance of winning their conference than Jets winning AFC. Perhaps beating helpless Patriots is a step in the right direction for you, but I'd almost be willing to bet money on Jets not winning the AFC conference, and I don't gamble.

Chicago 2nd class? This is coming from someone that has his team share a stadium with another pro-team, since they can't do any better? LOL. C'mon now. The way we are mishandling NY teams in that place, it's starting to feel like home. Oh, BTW the Bears have never lost in MeadowLands.

Bears have lost in Meadowlands. I was at the divisional playoff game, Giants-Bears during the Giants 2nd Super Bowl Run in Dec of 90 or 91. Giants beat Flutie and Bears handily.

Bears have lost in Meadowlands. I was at the divisional playoff game, Giants-Bears during the Giants 2nd Super Bowl Run in Dec of 90 or 91. Giants beat Flutie and Bears handily.

You're right - my mistake. Giants beat the Bears in 1991 in NFC divisional game, 31-3. Flutie wasn't playing for the Bears at that time.

Every so often, I'll make a slightly sarcastic remark.

That was one of them. I've left the sarcasm buttons off, since it should be a given that a poster like myself, that has been to this fine website for a day and has a total of 18 posts knows the demographic of this forum inside and out.

You're right - my mistake. Giants beat the Bears in 1991 in NFC divisional game, 31-3. Flutie wasn't playing for the Bears at that time.

Every so often, I'll make a slightly sarcastic remark.

That was one of them. I've left the sarcasm buttons off, since it should be a given that a poster like myself, that has been to this fine website for a day and has a total of 18 posts knows the demographic of this forum inside and out.

:lol: I doubt a certain someone will agree, but this post certainly amused me.

Chicago 2nd class? This is coming from someone that has his team share a stadium with another pro-team, since they can't do any better? LOL. C'mon now.

Not to mention, that this particular Stadium, isn't even in their own state.

Yeah.....CHICAGO sure is a "2nd Class" city.....LOL!!!!!

You gotta feel kinda bad for a PROFESSIONAL Team, that never really does play..."at home".

Come to think of it....even the Statue Of Liberty faces New Jersey...:yahoo:

....just messin' with ya, guys. Born and Raised - Levittown, L.I.

I LOVE NEW YORK!!!!

But, this Sunday, belongs to that "2nd Class" City!!!!

Not to mention, that this particular Stadium, isn't even in their own state.

Yeah.....CHICAGO sure is a "2nd Class" city.....LOL!!!!!

You gotta feel kinda bad for a PROFESSIONAL Team, that never really does play..."at home".

Come to think of it....even the Statue Of Liberty faces New Jersey...:yahoo:

....just messin' with ya, guys. Born and Raised - Levittown, L.I.

I LOVE NEW YORK!!!!

But, this Sunday, belongs to that "2nd Class" City!!!!

yeah maybe but I understand they're gonna play the game anyway........we shall see...go jets

Stats can be misleading. Here's a better breakdown:

Of AFC teams with a record of .500 or better against the NFC:

14-3

Of NFC teams with a record of .500 or better against the AFC:

11-9

That is dominance. I guess being a Bears fan you are still confused about this, but when you're discussing good teams playing good teams, you look to how those teams do against quality opponents, not against bottom feeders. Nobody from the AFC cares how the Arizona Cardinals did against the AFC, we care about how the Bears, the class of the NFC, did. You guys are 1-1 so far. Likewise, we really don't care that the Houston Texans are dragging down the AFC total record against the NFC. You're not going to be playing the Houston Texans in the Super Bowl, and none of the AFC playoff teams is going to play them in the playoffs. They're obviously weaker than the playoff teams. Compare playoff teams to playoff teams, and you see a clear indication of AFC dominance. That is because the AFC is just better, our good teams are better than the NFC's good teams. I also think our worst teams are still better than your worst teams, but I think the lower-mid level is probably better in the NFC.

wow, owned.

how does bear meat taste serphnx :yahoo:

Stats can be misleading. Here's a better breakdown:

Of AFC teams with a record of .500 or better against the NFC:

14-3

Of NFC teams with a record of .500 or better against the AFC:

11-9

That is dominance. I guess being a Bears fan you are still confused about this, but when you're discussing good teams playing good teams, you look to how those teams do against quality opponents, not against bottom feeders. Nobody from the AFC cares how the Arizona Cardinals did against the AFC, we care about how the Bears, the class of the NFC, did. You guys are 1-1 so far. Likewise, we really don't care that the Houston Texans are dragging down the AFC total record against the NFC. You're not going to be playing the Houston Texans in the Super Bowl, and none of the AFC playoff teams is going to play them in the playoffs. They're obviously weaker than the playoff teams. Compare playoff teams to playoff teams, and you see a clear indication of AFC dominance. That is because the AFC is just better, our good teams are better than the NFC's good teams. I also think our worst teams are still better than your worst teams, but I think the lower-mid level is probably better in the NFC.

Nice post, serp.

And, I especially like that you finally acknoledge that the BEARS will be in the Super Bowl!!!

You're not going to be playing the Houston Texans in the Super Bowl.

....could it possibly be the JETS????

That would be freakin' AWESOME!!!!!

I'd HAVE to fly in for that!...:yahoo:

I'd love to be able to fly in, with tickets, to take my brother to this game.

But, I guess the "phone" will have to do.....

DAAaaauuuUUM! This is a looooooooooooooooooong week!!!!

Come On, Sunday!

Nice post, serp.

And, I especially like that you finally acknoledge that the BEARS will be in the Super Bowl!!!

Right now, the Bears have a much better shot at the Super Bowl than we do. The NFC is pretty weak, and the Bears are a pretty clear cut above the rest of the teams. That doesn't make them a lock, but it does make them favorites. I think the Panthers and Eagles have a good shot at knocking off the Bears in the playoffs due to more playoff experience, and better QBs. But they are both so inconsistent that I don't really know what to think of them anymore. Heck, I don't even know if the Eagles will make the playoffs. We're more worried about getting into the playoffs right now, at 5-4, we are definitely no lock even for that.

Right now, the Bears have a much better shot at the Super Bowl than we do. The NFC is pretty weak, and the Bears are a pretty clear cut above the rest of the teams. That doesn't make them a lock, but it does make them favorites. I think the Panthers and Eagles have a good shot at knocking off the Bears in the playoffs due to more playoff experience, and better QBs. But they are both so inconsistent that I don't really know what to think of them anymore. Heck, I don't even know if the Eagles will make the playoffs. We're more worried about getting into the playoffs right now, at 5-4, we are definitely no lock even for that.

Yeah, but....5-4 is only for now!

11-5 is possible.....of course, it won't be 12-4....:yahoo:

Archived