This little blurb from an article

SoFlaJets

- While acknowledging the Jets haven't been hit by a big, in-season injury, Tannenbaum believes the team has the depth to withstand some losses. "I think our depth is playing right now, across the board on both sides of the ball."

does anybody suspect (as I do) that perhaps the players being able to hold up this season has anything to do with the rigorous training camp regimen they were put through this summer? We all know how it "seemed" to work out under Camp Herm-especially last year.

The tough tc helps the conditioning aspect, but sometimes you just cant help someone landing on your leg the wrong way, or smashing your hand on a helmet, etc.

Injuries are part of the game and avoiding them is just having good luck. imo

The tough tc helps the conditioning aspect, but sometimes you just cant help someone landing on your leg the wrong way, or smashing your hand on a helmet, etc.

Injuries are part of the game and avoiding them is just having good luck. imo

Yup. Only thing I'd say is that the lack of conditioning can make some injuries more likely like pulled muscles.

But busting up a knee ligament or breaking an arm b/c some 300-lb monster ran at you full spead, leading with his helmet - can't do dick to prevent that.

- While acknowledging the Jets haven't been hit by a big, in-season injury, Tannenbaum believes the team has the depth to withstand some losses. "I think our depth is playing right now, across the board on both sides of the ball."

does anybody suspect (as I do) that perhaps the players being able to hold up this season has anything to do with the rigorous training camp regimen they were put through this summer? We all know how it "seemed" to work out under Camp Herm-especially last year.

The big problem with the easy camp is slow starts. It takes too long to round into shape and get used to hitting again. Herm's teams traditionally start slow and finish strong(er). The danger with the tough camp is players getting worn down down the stretch. Hopefully, that won't happen here.

Archived