Justin Miller

Barton

Recently arrested clemson junior cornerback Justin Miller could see his stock drop. Teams probably don't have him rated any higher than Marlin Jackson or Fabian Washington, but when he got arrested just last week, there is definetly a chance that Justin Miller slips to the end of rd 1 and into rd 2.

Should that happen Bradway has to trade up for him. Donnie Abraham is considering retirement, Derrick Strait is an unknown commodity in the NFL, Ray Mickens is coming off a major injury, and David Barrett is nothing more than a #2 corner.

To say the least, the Jets need a corner DESPERATELY.

Resident poster "GimmeShelter" reported that Terry Bradway said this in his WFAN interview with mike and the mad dog at 5:30 this evening

Bradway said Jets would be ready to trade picks to re-enter rd 1 of the draft if they saw a player slide that they target.

Then in the conference call which took place not to long ago today, Bradway was asked if he would rule out a trade higher into the 2nd rd?

Bradway responded:

No, I wouldn't rule out anything, guys, because I think when you have nine picks, whether it be on the first day or the second day, we have given ourselves some flexibility to do that. It just depends how it all shakes down. We got a long time to go before we get to the second round. I don't anticipate us doing anything to get into the first round, like I said. But I would not rule out anything moving slightly in any round throughout the draft.

Derrick Strait is an unknown commodity in the NFL,

More known than Miller i would say.

If we were to move up though, i wouldnt want to move up for more than a 4th rounder. Dont want to lose a day 1 pick.

eLOT

More known than Miller i would say.

If we were to move up though, i wouldnt want to move up for more than a 4th rounder. Dont want to lose a day 1 pick.

eLOT

BUT......you know exactly what kind of return man you're getting with Justin Miller. And that fills another hole by itself. Essentially, drafting J.Miller, kills 2 birds with 1 stone.

Can't compare the 2. Moss always runs outa bounds and left and right.

Justin Miller has guts, he does not run outa bounds! :mrgreen:

Uh huh... there's a world of difference between doing it in college and doing it in the NFL. And, who's to say, the first time he gets his bell rung, he decides he doesn't like that anymore, and starts running out of bounds?

Uh huh... there's a world of difference between doing it in college and doing it in the NFL. And, who's to say, the first time he gets his bell rung, he decides he doesn't like that anymore, and starts running out of bounds?

Thats always a possibility with any kick returner. Don't count on that happening, it could happen to dante hall for all we know

But bottom line with Justin Miller. He can come in and contribute right away on special teams.

Thats always a possibility with any kick returner. Don't count on that happening, it could happen to dante hall for all we know

But bottom line with Justin Miller. He can come in and contribute right away on special teams.

Which is true, but I'd rather him contribute at corner. And, at that, there's a snowball's chance in hell the Jets get him, so it's a moot point.

Which is true, but I'd rather him contribute at corner. And, at that, there's a snowball's chance in hell the Jets get him, so it's a moot point.

I wouldn't call it a snowballs chance. If the Jets do indeed trade back into rd 1 it would be very interesting....

I wouldn't call it a snowballs chance. If the Jets do indeed trade back into rd 1 it would be very interesting....

I would. And, if they trade back into round one, they're fools. There's very little difference between 20 and 75 in this draft, for all intent and purpose. Well, the only true difference is the price you pay each prospect. I'd rather keep the two second rounders and go from there.

Can't compare the 2. Moss always runs outa bounds and left and right.

Justin Miller has guts, he does not run outa bounds! :mrgreen:

You're making my point. In college Moss was was the top returner and a HUGE game changer, then in the NFL he's had a few big ST days but nothing compared to all the hype. Who's to say Miller won't be the same?

You're making my point. In college Moss was was the top returner and a HUGE game changer, then in the NFL he's had a few big ST days but nothing compared to all the hype. Who's to say Miller won't be the same?

That is true. But when healthy Santana was a good kick returner, he was 1 of the most dangerous just 2 years ago.

That and Justin Miller has a different mentality when returning punts. He runs right at the defense using slight and quick angled juke moves, instead of running sideways.

2 different players and 2 different styles.

Is Miller the kind of player Herm & Co. would take, given his perceived "Character issues"?

Is Miller so much better than the other CB's available in Round 2, like Browner for example?

Is Miller, an unknown at the pro-level, so much more of a "known commodity" that Derrick Strait. How do they compare coming out?

Is Miller the kind of player Herm & Co. would take, given his perceived "Character issues"?

Is Miller so much better than the other CB's available in Round 2, like Browner for example?

Is Miller, an unknown at the pro-level, so much more of a "known commodity" that Derrick Strait. How do they compare coming out?

They don't compare. Strait produced in the college game, and he has an award to show for it. He has tremendous work ethic and showed real strides as a rookie. We would have been fools to take a CB at 26 in the first place. Shouldn't we have more faith in Donnie Henderson than that?

Archived