Jay Cutler debuts Sunday night

TaborJet

I know a lot of Jets fans here wanted us to take Cutler in last April's draft. I just heard Phil Simms talk on Mike and the Mad Dog, and he mentioned Denver players going up to Shanahan and asking, Coach, why is Jay not playing yet?" Simms also said how the teams' practice this week has been lights-out. It should be the fist game of a long, productive career for Cutler & the Broncos.

GB, Oakland, Buff, and Det passed on him too...And their #1 need was QB.

I'm exaggerating a little, but we have passed on some big time talent before. This would not be too shocking.

And I know we had the 4th pick and I'm happy it went to a cornerstone of the oline but somehow we always get screwed one way or another. I've learned to live with it.

I know a lot of Jets fans here wanted us to take Cutler in last April's draft. I just heard Phil Simms talk on Mike and the Mad Dog, and he mentioned Denver players going up to Shanahan and asking, Coach, why is Jay not playing yet?" Simms also said how the teams' practice this week has been lights-out. It should be the fist game of a long, productive career for Cutler & the Broncos.

Or it could be a major BOMB for J-Boy, and the beginning of a major tailspin for Denver.

Time will tell

Jay Cutler will be the best QB to come out of this year's draft class. By far.

He is the only player I would have been okay with at 4 besides Brick.

Not in 06 however.

Denver finishes 4-2 at best down the stretch, 10-6 yes, but a 1st round exit will follow.

GB, Oakland, Buff, and Det passed on him too...And their #1 need was QB.

GB already used a 1st Round Pick on Aaron Rodgers so they weren't drafting a QB this year.

Oakland and Detroit are the two worst run franchises in the NFL so ofcourse they're going to pass up Leinart and Jay Cutler for busts like Michael Huff.

The Bills still believe JP Loseman is their QB of the future.

QB Class of '06 = QB Class of '83

Young, Leinart and Cutler = Elway, Marino and Kelly

GB already used a 1st Round Pick on Aaron Rodgers so they weren't drafting a QB this year.

Oakland and Detroit are the two worst run franchises in the NFL so ofcourse they're going to pass up Leinart and Jay Cutler for busts like Michael Huff.

The Bills still believe JP Loseman is their QB of the future.

QB Class of '06 = QB Class of '83

Young, Leinart and Cutler = Elway, Marino and Kelly

Too early.

Way too early.

That is absolute speculation.

It's been a while since we've had three quarterbacks this good come out of college at the same time.

Who knows if they're going to be hall of famers but they will be at least very good in the NFL.

Too small of a sample size, man.

CUTLER HASN'T EVEN PLAYED IN A GAME YET.

And you are putting him on the level of an Elway and a Marino?

Just seems foolish.

you know who absolutely LOVES this move? Bill Bellichick-he's frothing at the mouth thinking about getting revenge against Shanahan in the playoffs with a rookie at QB...

Nah, Shanahan knows what we all know.

D. Branch 8 cathces 153 yards

D. Givens 5 catches 54 yards 1 TD

Stats from last year against Denver...and the Broncos still won...now they are real screwed.

Patriots have NOTHIGN at wide reciever.

Denver would easily shut them down in the passing game.

I think it would be quite the opposite.

Denver dominating NEW ENGLADN's weak secondary, and Denver dominating New England's weak recievers.

No problemo :P

I get these links thrown my way every so often on the Cane boards, as I am about the only Jet fan there.

Right on.

Btw, have you ever gotten robbed on a cane's board, seems likely.*

*Sorry man, went to the 'cuse and, for some reason, just couldn't resist.:)

Archived