Question for TX

The Troll

David Carr went 7 of 14 for 32 yards today.

His team won.

Using your criteria for judging QBs (wins, without taking into account any other aspect of the game), did David Carr have a good day today?

The only responsibility that the QB has is to put more points on the scoeboard than the opponent, and come away with a W.

David Carr did that today.

Hell, using Tx's criteria, Pennington is better than Brady right now.

Using Tx's criteria is impossible as Tx's criteria is change the criteria as needed to make Pennington look as terrible as possible

Please note,this in no way is me saying Pennington is better than Brady or necessarily in his league,I'm just trying to take a shot at Tx's posting style ;)

The only responsibility that the QB has is to put more points on the scoeboard than the opponent, and come away with a W.

David Carr did that today.

Football knowledge at its best.The QB is not the only 1 to put the points on the board. There is no "I" in team.Just as the "QB" is not the entire team.PatsFanTX my bet is you end up on the end of a rope or swallowing a bullet if your weasel boy Brady ever gets hurt.

Football knowledge at its best.The QB is not the only 1 to put the points on the board. There is no "I" in team.Just as the "QB" is not the entire team.PatsFanTX my bet is you end up on the end of a rope or swallowing a bullet if your weasel boy Brady ever gets hurt.

I was reading through your post and I started thinking "Holy ****, I actually agree with 5180. He's actually making a post that isn't retarded." Then, you had to go and let me down.

I was reading through your post and I started thinking "Holy ****, I actually agree with 5180. He's actually making a post that isn't retarded." Then, you had to go and let me down.

Sort of like dad and mom letting you down telling you that you were adopted and your real parents are crack heads.

Last time I looked, David Carr was the QB of the Texans.

How is your "BUST" Vince Young doing by the way?

You just don't get it.

Another QB could have came into that game and played WAY better than David Carr did. And the Texans still would have won that game. Your assinine method of evaluating QBs does not take into account that football is a TEAM game. If Oakland doesn't piss away the ball 5 times and Carr puts up that horrendous statline, then Carr played like complete ****. But, Oakland DID piss the ball away 5 times, so now Carr "got the job done"? What a logical argument.

You just don't get it.

Another QB could have came into that game and played WAY better than David Carr did. And the Texans still would have won that game. Your assinine method of evaluating QBs does not take into account that football is a TEAM game. If Oakland doesn't piss away the ball 5 times and Carr puts up that horrendous statline, then Carr played like complete ****. But, Oakland DID piss the ball away 5 times, so now Carr "got the job done"? What a logical argument.

TX, how bout them Jets today?

TX, how bout them Jets today?

"they beat another bottom feeding nfc team by a large margin, but they still cant beat an elite team with penny boys noodle arm, get a clue and stop drinking the green koolaid...jets will finish 4-12 at best. I mean they'll have 6 wins tops. I mean theres no way the Jets finish with more than 8 wins, theyre overrated, just ask jay mariotti."

/off tx responce

You just don't get it.

Look, I have respected your opinion over the years here.

Other than putting points on the scoreboard, and winning football games, what do you want a QB to do?

Put up big numbers like Dan Marino?

Nothing in the NFL matters more than a W.

Look at Grossman today, he got a W with a horrific performance.

Look, I have respected your opinion over the years here.

Other than putting points on the scoreboard, and winning football games, what do you want a QB to do?

Put up big numbers like Dan Marino?

Nothing in the NFL matters more than a W.

Look at Grossman today, he got a W with a horrific performance.

The Broncos are 7-4. Why the hell is Jay Cutler on my TV? Jake Plummer was 7-4. Just because a QB is winning does not mean that another QB can't come in and do a better job, which would, in turn, give the team an even GREATER chance of winning. Do you follow me there?

Nothing matters more than the W, but there is more than one way to get that W. A QB can play like **** and win the game and a QB can be lights out and lose the game. If the QB that played like **** and the QB that played lights out switched teams, would the fates of their teams have had a different outcome? I believe they would.

Archived