Ok, I am calling it right now!

joebabyny

THEY WON'T

The Jets will easily be the most predictable "one and done" team in the history of the NFL playoffs.

BUT

They will be there, which is 10x more anything most Jets fans and you had predicted before the season began so you must admit they are on the right track.

And, if New England weren't playing Round 1 at home, they would no shot to win a playoff game in the AFC this season either. Boy do I hope we go to New England and beat em', and if not, well my Super Bowl pick Cincinnati will take care of business, but New England does have a chance, only because they're home.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Were you out boozing with madmike last night?

You wanna tell me how impressive a W is when Grossman gives you the ball 5 times and you still almost lost the game? You were also the home team, which is antoher big advantage.

Sorry Tx, if anyone does the boozing around here it's you and DW as you wack each other off in the alley behind the bar.

You wanna tell me how impressive a W is when Grossman gives you the ball 5 times and you still almost lost the game? You were also the home team, which is antoher big advantage.

Dude, PennyBoy couldn't even put 1 friggn' point on the board against the Bears.

The Pats beat a 9-1 team after they shut-out the Jets.

The Jets fluke win in Foxboro was just one of those things that happen when divisional rivals play.

And BTW, the Pats play much better on the road than they do in Foxboro.

your right tx they should have called it the Joe willy Throphy Baby!!!! and it should look like joe holding up his finger with the win that he called!

LI, were you even born when that game was played?

95% of the posters on this board were not even around way back then.

3 Lombardi Throphy's to 0 Lombardi Throphy's (it wasn't even called that way back when the Jets played in a Super Bowl). ;)

Dude...the Jet team that won the Super bowl, would have kicked the living crap out of the Paties (all three of the Paties super bowl winners)...that's one you can count on.

Dude...the Jet team that won the Super bowl, would have kicked the living crap out of the Paties (all three of the Paties super bowl winners)...that's one you can count on.

Where the hell do you guys come up with this garbage?

BTW 27, where did you watch Super Bowl III at?

Readers: Worst championship teams

From the Page 2 mailbag

Earlier this week, Page 2 listed our worst 10 team champions in sports history, and we asked you to send us your choices.

s_tombrady_i.jpgNot everyone's buying the Tom Brady hype.After going through more than 850 e-mails, here is how Page 2 readers ranked their picks. Be sure to vote in the poll at right to crown the No. 1 worst team champion of all time.

1. 2001-02 New England Patriots (147 letters)

Look at how they advanced in the playoffs. They beat the Oakland Raiders in a blizzard and on a referee's call. Oakland was by far the better team and just happened to be beaten by the elements and a rule that needs to be changed. Charles Woodson's sack on Brady was correctly called an incomplete pass, but the rule needs to be altered to call such a tuck a fumble. If the rule is as it should be, the Raiders advance and the Pats go home.

Their win against Pittsburgh came because of a huge letdown by the Steelers. Pittsburgh had just manhandled the defending champion Baltimore Ravens and had used all their energy in that game. Pittsburgh was a much better team than New England this season and just suffered an immaculate emotional letdown. Kordell Stewart had an off day and was the main reason for the loss.

Although I give New England tons of credit for playing the perfect game, St. Louis was by far the superior team. For the way the teams played, to need a game-ending field goal shows that St. Louis was the better team. If that game was played 100 times, I am confident that St. Louis would have won 98 times.

Where the hell do you guys come up with this garbage?

BTW 27, where did you watch Super Bowl III at?

TX, I was 8 when I saw the Jets win the SB so I do have some recollections, and let me tell you, there is no way Brady would have passed for more than 100 yards on the Jet d, let alone let a Pat receiver cross in front of the LB's...you've got to be kidding pal (if you think that you have no clue on how football was played back then). And the Paties running game against that team.....they would have been stuffed better than a 30 pound thanksgiven bird!!!!

From the Page 2 mailbag

Earlier this week, Page 2 listed our worst 10 team champions in sports history, and we asked you to send us your choices.

s_tombrady_i.jpgNot everyone's buying the Tom Brady hype.After going through more than 850 e-mails, here is how Page 2 readers ranked their picks. Be sure to vote in the poll at right to crown the No. 1 worst team champion of all time.

Look at how they advanced in the playoffs. They beat the Oakland Raiders in a blizzard and on a referee's call. Oakland was by far the better team and just happened to be beaten by the elements and a rule that needs to be changed. Charles Woodson's sack on Brady was correctly called an incomplete pass, but the rule needs to be altered to call such a tuck a fumble. If the rule is as it should be, the Raiders advance and the Pats go home.

Their win against Pittsburgh came because of a huge letdown by the Steelers. Pittsburgh had just manhandled the defending champion Baltimore Ravens and had used all their energy in that game. Pittsburgh was a much better team than New England this season and just suffered an immaculate emotional letdown. Kordell Stewart had an off day and was the main reason for the loss.

Although I give New England tons of credit for playing the perfect game, St. Louis was by far the superior team. For the way the teams played, to need a game-ending field goal shows that St. Louis was the better team. If that game was played 100 times, I am confident that St. Louis would have won 98 times.

LOVE THIS!:yahoo:

POTW NOM:cheers:

From the Page 2 mailbag

so true...

Look, all these Pats fans seem to forget that they used to have a team with question marks at the quarterback position needing everything to break just right for them to bring a Championship home. Caught up in all of their arrogance, they've forgotten what it feels like to be a crazy fan who feels that their underdog team can take on the world.

And the Pats were 14.5 underdogs against the Rams in 2001.

What is your point?

TX...the point is you can't compare your Paties to our SB winner...no way no how. Go back and keep looking at your Brady poster in your room.....Brady couldn't even have made the squad then, that's the truth.

TX, I was 8 when I saw the Jets win the SB so I do have some recollections, and let me tell you, there is no way Brady would have passed for more than 100 yards on the Jet d, let alone let a Pat receiver cross in front of the LB's...you've got to be kidding pal (if you think that you have no clue on how football was played back then). And the Paties running game against that team.....they would have been stuffed better than a 30 pound thanksgiven bird!!!!

I'm glad you were around for that game 27.

And trust me, I know how defense was played in those days. Sending a WR across the middle was pure suicide.

And the QB's back then didn't wear skirts either.

But in my opinion, the reason the Jets won that day was how Boozer and Snell pounded the football. The OLine was tremendous that day.

The Jets physically manhandled the Colts that day on both sides of the football, and that was soemthing the pundits said couldn not possibly happen.

Namath gets a lot of credit for that game, but he was very average that day. A great performance by the Oline and RB's won Super Bowl III for the Jets, not Joe Namath.

TX...the point is you can't compare your Paties to our SB winner...no way no how. Go back and keep looking at your Brady poster in your room.....Brady couldn't even have made the squad then, that's the truth.

I'll take that one step further 27.

You can not compare football teams from different eras, especially in the NFL.

Too many things (speed, size, complexity, rules, etc.) are different to make a valid comparison.

Archived