Chad Answers All Doubters

SoFlaJets

Beating Peyton Manning head to head 41-0 is crapping the bed?

Your defense pitched a friggn' shutout that day.

All the Jets needed from PennyBoy that day was a -6 yard swing pass to Anderson who went 65 yards.

If PennyBoy was smart, he would have saved a few of those points and used them against the Steelers in 2004.

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How can anyone make a stats argument while ignoring total yards, TDs and INTs? The fact that Pennington has a better QB rating, ypa and completion % just goes to show you how worthless those stats really are. Any decent football fan knows Brady is clearly the better QB.
AVG's are MUCH better then counting numbers. Cindy has played many more games.

I give up with this clown.

That was pretty funny #2. ;)

LOL, throw all the stats out the window, just ask yourself if you had a gun to your head and if you lost you would die and you had a choice between Brady and Chad to QB your team for one drive to win a game, that is the better QB.

YPA, Completion %, all of that stuff is garbage, making clutch plays is what today's NFL is about, and no one does it better than Brady.

How can anyone make a stats argument while ignoring total yards, TDs and INTs? The fact that Pennington has a better QB rating, ypa and completion % just goes to show you how worthless those stats really are. Any decent football fan knows Brady is clearly the better QB.

Your a fool... all of those stats lead to the others. You cant compare totals when the games played arent the same it isnt fair.

Dont get angry, I would say the 02' playoff run had some BIG games and shutting out Indy 41-0 is better than you could ever do and we did it in their house...

I SAID DONT BRING THE SB's into this... that is a TEAM effort... would brady be able to claim the same thing if he was on the TEXANS/CARDS/LIONS??? NO!!! So it proves NOTHING about his personal ability but rather that the TEAM as a whole was good.

DEAL WITH IT PENNINGTON IS BETTER ON PAPER FOR ONE GAME THAN BRADY... PERIOD!

Is this stupid thing made out of paper? Anybody know?

150px-Vince_Lombardi_Trophy.jpg

What paper is this written on?

You honestly don't believe this, do you?

I mean no one can really believe Chad is a better QB than Tom Brady, no one.

noway the only way that happens is when chads gets one but i can see the future tx fisrt post after the jets win a SB we have two more....

The moment that everyone should have stopped thinking that Chad is on the same wavelength as Brady as a QB is in 2004 when Chad put up 3 points vs. the Steelers and on that same field 8 days later Brady goes out there and puts up 40+ on that same team.

No he doesn't, he is tied for 3rd. I just saw the stat, I have the game on my hard drive. And aside from that, like I said, where is the cutoff for what a good game is? QB rating is a very bad measure outside of the extremely high and extremely low cutoffs. I don't think 90 is that cutoff, maybe 100 is. A great game is 300 yards 3 TDs with a decent completion percentage usually, not 230 yards 2 TDs and a high completion percentage.

This is where me and you differ. The GB game I don't classify as great, how can a 2 INT game be considered great? Even from a QB Rating standpoint that is below 90, he came in at 88 I believe. I'll say he had 1 GREAT game this season, and 3 TERRIBLE games. He's had maybe 3 or 4 pretty good games, and the remainder have been bad to average.

He had at least two GREAT games. The opener and Texas. I didn't see the Texas game, so I didn't list it. He also had ratings of 97.6(Indy), 99.1(Miami). In fact, last week was the only time other than his 3 bad games he was sub-90 (88.2). The GB game was a GREAT game. Even Tex will agree with that. He did nothing wrong until the game was over (halftime). Scoring on the first 5 drives, 4 tds, and spreading the ball around to everybody. The second half of that game was irrelevant.

It's the consistency I am looking for, not the 136 one week, 26 the next. I blame the 3 bad games on the following-Jacksonville was a train wreck. Both the Jax & Chicago games he tried to do too much and he is not that kind of qb. Against the Jags I don't blame him, the whole team imploded and the line was getting mauled. Against the Bears the score was close enough and the ball being moved that it was a huge mistake. The Browns game was a weather game, which comes down to his being a week armed qb in the wind. True, but nothing we didn't already know.

The moment that everyone should have stopped thinking that Chad is on the same wavelength as Brady as a QB is in 2004 when Chad put up 3 points vs. the Steelers and on that same field 8 days later Brady goes out there and puts up 40+ on that same team.

Ickey, you forgot to mention one thing.

Brady put up 40+ in a normal 4 quarters.

PennyBoyWonder played a 5th quarter and still only put up 3 points.

Many of you seem to be missing the point, inclusing TX (so suprised...)

I SAID....

IN ONE GAME/ BOTH HEALTHY / ON PAPER (using the only stats that dont add up but rather average out, by the way if Pennington started as many games as Brady has at his current pace would also have over 20k yards and be neck and neck...)

Passer Rating

CP - 89.6

TB - 88.2

Completion %

CP - 65.1

TB - 61.8

Yards per attempt average

CP - 7.25

TB - 7.08

Those are the 3 things that are averages and arent affected by # of games played and what not, to compare in totals isnt fair since Brady has played in more games.

Please explain to me what would make Brady win that game on Paper???

Please no more turning this argument more complex than it was inteded to be, I wasnt stating that Chad was better than Tom overall as a whole, merely that based on their career averages Penninton is better than Brady... PLEASE prove me wrong or STFU

Here is a good one for the haters....

Passer Rating

QB#1 - 89.6

QB#2 - 88.2

Completion %

QB#1 - 65.1

QB#2 - 61.8

QB#1 - 7.25

QB#2 - 7.08

This takes all of the emotion and BS out of it and proves my point, based on these stats on paper who would you want playing for your team?

STFU TX

Because real NFL football game are played on the field, and not some friggn' piece of paper.

You know what's really sad?

Is you believe all the crap that you wrote in this thread.

I wipe my ass with paper, not play football on it.

Many of you seem to be missing the point, inclusing TX (so suprised...)

I SAID....

IN ONE GAME/ BOTH HEALTHY / ON PAPER (using the only stats that dont add up but rather average out, by the way if Pennington started as many games as Brady has at his current pace would also have over 20k yards and be neck and neck...)

Please no more turning this argument more complex than it was inteded to be, I wasnt stating that Chad was better than Tom overall as a whole, merely that based on their career averages Penninton is better than Brady... PLEASE prove me wrong or STFU

ooooooooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

hold that trolls............and again he said on PAPER....

Because real NFL football game are played on the field, and not some friggn' piece of paper.

there he goes spinning it one day he talks about chads stats next day he says he wipes his azz with them....

Stats only count when you want to use them to bash jets. If they make you look stupid then the game is played on the field LOL

Here is a good one for the haters....

Passer Rating

QB#1 - 89.6

QB#2 - 88.2

Completion %

QB#1 - 65.1

QB#2 - 61.8

QB#1 - 7.25

QB#2 - 7.08

This takes all of the emotion and BS out of it and proves my point, based on these stats on paper who would you want playing for your team?

STFU TX

3-0

You moron.

Ickey, you forgot to mention one thing.

Brady put up 40+ in a normal 4 quarters.

PennyBoyWonder played a 5th quarter and still only put up 3 points.

If you think that means anything you're an idiot. First of all, the Jets scored 17 points, not 3. Even an INT return counts as points and it actually hurts the qb by your obscure rating system since he loses an opportunity with the ball and must manage the game based upon the points scored rather than being down and gunslinging Kitna style. Also, the guy had major shoulder surgery. He needed it before the game. Remember? He missed three games and the team did not top 17 points in any of them.

The '04 Steelers were 15-1. The Pats 14-2. The Jets were a decent team, but nowhere near that level and coached by a (barely) trained hamster. Chad missed three games with the shoulder injury and the team did not top 17 points in any of them. Prior to his injury the team was 6-1 only losing in NE. When he got knocked out they dropped the game to Buff and were erratic thereafter. Much of that can be attributed to Edwards, but who knows how much?

3-0

You moron.

If the Mods could please delete this post as it is clearly trolling and has nothing to do with the thread. Unless of course posting pointless things are allowed here.... you can delete this too when you delete that...

Archived