Chad Answers All Doubters

SoFlaJets

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 - Why are you in here? Ain't there some Italian club open?

It is a little deeper then you make it out to be.

He did make alot of mistakes as you said. Plus, he blew some draft picks. He also took over a terrible Browns team that was old. His team got better instantly doubling their wins to 6 in his first season. By his 4th year, he won 11 games and beat Par$ells in the playoffs. His last season was nuked by Modell after he announced the move during the season. Remember, he did not have a salary cap and free agency, so unlike today, there were no quick fixes.

Eh, the team was 9-7 and in the playoffs the year before they imploded on Bud. I don't think he handled anything well other than D until he got Brady. I never thought he'd make it as a head coach. I was wrong, but I think Brady bailed his ass out a hell of a lot more than his "system" made Brady.

you got something against italians or did you get thrown out of an italian club and couldnt do nothing about it and your mad...why would you say something about italians? did that have anything to do with what was posted...

PF loves Italians. Just that he knows I'm in Italy and should be hitting the Milano nightspots with the models. My wife made a big dinner and the red wine made me sleepy so we stayed in.

You are absolutely correct.

It is totally absurd to mention PennyBoyWonder in the same sentence as Tom Brady.

One is a complete joke, and the other is a real NFL QB.

Typical. If Brady is so f'n hot then Pennington isn't a complete joke. I don't see any problem comparing Brady to Pennington to make a point. Sure you'd have to be nuts to choose Penny over Brady straight up, but there is no reason not to make comparisons between any two players. I attach no religious sentiment to Brady. Hell just because he won the big one you compare him to Manning. It's a team game-just rating the W means that Grossman and his 16 qb rating get an A last week. Fact is, people could make the case that Manning is an NFL qb and Brady is a complete joke.

LOL!!

Whats up Walt!!!I was rambling on a bit..but..what I was saying was..Earhardt was Parcells OC with the Giants in the mid to late 80's..he was OC with the Steelers..until he was lured away by the legendary cerebral techniques of Rich Kotite..he was CO-OC in 97 with Charlie Weis.

With that said..he came to the Jets and tutored chubby Charlie his first year on his offense..thats what I meant...I dont know if it had anything to do with thye quote though..I had a few at the time..

BTW..welcome to the site Walt!!!I love that name..and hold on to your hat!!;):)

Thanks! I'm not wearing a hat, but I did just tighten my belt, if that's alright.

Thanks for explaining. I ws unsure aboiut the OC switch in 1997.

Well although even stating facts gets TX nowhere.... just one more thing to prove Chad has answered doubters, and to contest this would be throwing Tom Brady under the buss claiming him to also be a noodle arm dump off QB...

Career Numbers-

Yards Per Completion

CP - 11.14

TB - 11.45

Yards Per Attempt

CP - 7.25

TB - 7.08

For all of those that claim Chad is a "noodle arm" who just dumps it off... please start making your case as to why Brady is a "noodle arm" who dumps it off as well... or is he just scared to throw it downfield...

Well although even stating facts gets TX nowhere.... just one more thing to prove Chad has answered doubters, and to contest this would be throwing Tom Brady under the buss claiming him to also be a noodle arm dump off QB...

Career Numbers-

Yards Per Completion

CP - 11.14

TB - 11.45

Yards Per Attempt

CP - 7.25

TB - 7.08

For all of those that claim Chad is a "noodle arm" who just dumps it off... please start making your case as to why Brady is a "noodle arm" who dumps it off as well... or is he just scared to throw it downfield...

Brady: 76-24 .760 winning percentage

PennyBoy: 27-22 .551 winning percentage

Nothing else matters.

Career Numbers-

Yards Per Completion

CP - 11.14

TB - 11.45

Yards Per Attempt

CP - 7.25

TB - 7.08

Take the GB game last week. The INT on the deep pass to McCareins, McCareins had 3 steps on that defender. Any, and I mean ANY, other starting QB in the NFL can and would put that pass ahead of McCareins so he can run under and score the easy TD. Chad's ball floated and came up short, allowing the DB to catch up and make an easy INT.

Granted this game was well in hand at that point, but what about situations where it is late in the game and we are behind? we have WR's breaking out behind the defender yet we don't have a QB who can make the throw to take advantage of that. I don't care how good he is at other aspects, that defiency hurts this team immensely. for anyone who goes to the games in person. Spend some time watching only the WR's against the DB's on plays where Chad takes a 7 step drop. Watch what happens when a deep routed WR gets beyond 35 yards and Chad still has the ball. CB's are passing them off. just plain letting them go. they know that Chad needs to put alot of air under the ball to get it out that far, so if he tries they have time to get back and defend it. when he takes an underneath route instead the CB easily can step up and limit the gain.

it's not about having a cannon like jeff george, it's about being capable of making a throw that a typical NFL QB can make. He can't, and whether you like it or not it will hurt us, and that will likely be in a very improtant close game.

Nothing else matters.

So Brady has great coaches and suberbowl teams yet he cant get the ball downfield any more than Pennington. That doesnt matter right?

Then stop using insults on Chad that reflect those stats you moron!

Brady like Chad did what he had to do to win, which doesnt mean throwing the ball 20 yards every play.

I was not insulting your loverboy but rather defending Chad against your "noodle arm" attacks that make NO SENSE...

Nothing else matters.

I thought Pennington was at 26-18 or .591. That includes the two games he left injured. Take those two losses away and he's at .619. Not at Brady's level, but not a "complete joke" either. Even at .551, it's not bad. qbs are like lefty pitchers, tough to get and you hope you don't overpay the wrong one. We overpayed him sure, but could have done a whole lot worse.

Chad would have more wins if he didn't have a weaker arm.

You're missing my point. I agree that Chad has a weak arm and can't go deep. I'd much rather see that he could.

But according to Tx, that's not relevant. A QB's strenghts and weaknesses are non-factors. They are to be judged on their teams winning record. Nothing else. And seeing as that's his (current) theory, he should stop saying stuff like that.

Take the GB game last week. The INT on the deep pass to McCareins, McCareins had 3 steps on that defender. Any, and I mean ANY, other starting QB in the NFL can and would put that pass ahead of McCareins so he can run under and score the easy TD. Chad's ball floated and came up short, allowing the DB to catch up and make an easy INT.

You dont know everything, maybe it had something to do with the fact he was throwing to a guy who had been benched and lost timing with...??? Maybe if it were Coles??? you never know... Chad hit Jmac with a laser of a ball 2 weeks ago, sure he doesnt have a cannon but he can make that throw, our coaches are not dumb enough to let him throw it if he cant.

You are not just insulting Chad when you make statements like that, your insulting coaches that practice with him daily and pick plays he is capable of, your insulting receivers who trust him enough to keep running and not come back to the ball, your basically insulting the intelligence of the JETS overall to question a QB that has helped this team out of the dump this year.

Granted this game was well in hand at that point, but what about situations where it is late in the game and we are behind? we have WR's breaking out behind the defender yet we don't have a QB who can make the throw to take advantage of that. I don't care how good he is at other aspects, that defiency hurts this team immensely. for anyone who goes to the games in person. Spend some time watching only the WR's against the DB's on plays where Chad takes a 7 step drop. Watch what happens when a deep routed WR gets beyond 35 yards and Chad still has the ball. CB's are passing them off. just plain letting them go. they know that Chad needs to put alot of air under the ball to get it out that far, so if he tries they have time to get back and defend it. when he takes an underneath route instead the CB easily can step up and limit the gain.

it's not about having a cannon like jeff george, it's about being capable of making a throw that a typical NFL QB can make. He can't, and whether you like it or not it will hurt us, and that will likely be in a very improtant close game.

How often are 7 step drops run these days? Brady is a dink and dunk qb too. It's by design. Sure Chad is BAD with the deep drop, but it's not a big part of the game anymore. The vertical game is almost dead-look at the Raiders.

Pre shoulder surgery

2002: 8-4

2003: 4-6

2004: 8-5

20-17 is getting the wins?

In todays NFL with Herm Edwards as your coach and some real bad player moves, yes he was "getting the wins"

What would Peyton Mannings record be if he played in Houston for the last 5 years rather than Indy?

In todays NFL with Herm Edwards as your coach and some real bad player moves, yes he was "getting the wins"

What would Peyton Mannings record be if he played in Houston for the last 5 years rather than Indy?

Having Curtis Martin, Santana Moss, Coles, Chrebet and a solid O-line isn't like playing with the Texans.

Having Curtis Martin, Santana Moss, Coles, Chrebet and a solid O-line isn't like playing with the Texans.

Being handicapped by our coaches put us just above that level and only those players talent pulled us through it at all... If we had a decent coach in 02' or 04' who knows what we could have accomplished....

A lot of it is luck too, Brady and his Pats got knocked out opf the playoffs last year, they could have won a superbowl but it didnt work out that way, all teams that make the playoffs are usually good enough to beat any given team on any given Sunday. Who knows what would have happened if we made that kick in Pitt, maybe we go on to win the superbowl... you just never know but Chad has gotten us damn close on more than one occasion already.

don"t forget the steelers from last year and the run they had...anything goes in football..

Fine, if you want to root for the Jets to barely squeak into the playoffs as the number 6 seed, win 3 playoff games on the road just to get to the Super Bowl.

Good luck with that happening.

I said he is in the 12-15 range as a starting QB in the NFL.

If he was about 5 years younger and had some upside, I would want him to be the future of the Jet orginization, now not so much.

so coming back from two surgeries and having us in the playoff hunt,is not good enough for you....ok you make sense...

A .551 winning percentage gets you 8.8 wins per year in the NFL.

Will the Jets win a Super Bowl getting 9 wins per year?

I tend to doubt that.

That's only with the high quality Jets players, coaches and play calling he had. I was just pointing out that he is a winning qb in the league. I'd wager that plenty of qbs have won the super bowl with worse winning percentages than that. My point is just that calling a qb with a winning record a "complete joke" is a complete joke. It's a bigger joke than thinking he's better than Brady.

Archived