O'Brien leaves BC for NC State

Garb

Terrible, terrible news! I could always count on him to choke when BC plays a significant game. SOB! To make things worse, rumor has it that Dan Pees (Pats D-coordinator) in on a short-list to replace him. This would seriously weaken my Pats (losing three DC's in three consecutive years) and strengthen BC - Pees is pretty darn good.

Whaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!

Terrible, terrible news! I could always count on him to choke when BC plays a significant game. SOB! To make things worse, rumor has it that Dan Pees (Pats D-coordinator) in on a short-list to replace him. This would seriously weaken my Pats (losing three DC's in three consecutive years) and strengthen BC - Pees is pretty darn good.

Whaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!

rumor is he and his wife didnt like Boston. He was a assistant at Virginia for over 10 years and longed to get back to the southern way of life.

rumor is he and his wife didnt like Boston. He was a assistant at Virginia for over 10 years and longed to get back to the southern way of life.

I believe that. The article on ESPN mentioned that he wasn't too happy with the support the team received in Boston, as Boston is a pro-sports town.

All the best to him. The program was a mess when he took over.

Some people just don't like the Northeast. That's cool.

TUSCALOOSA, Ala. (AP) -- Alabama's search for a new coach appears to be picking up speed.

Miami Dolphins coach Nick Saban said Thursday he declined to meet with Alabama officials about their coaching vacancy, while media reports had West Virginia coach Rich Rodriguez being offered the job.

"I'm flattered that they may have been interested in me, but it never really progressed, because we just never let it progress," Saban said after practice in Davie, Fla.

The Press-Register of Mobile, citing unnamed sources, first reported the offer to Rodriguez from Crimson Tide athletic director Mal Moore on its Web site, and said the coach was considering the offer.

The Tuscaloosa News also reported on its Web site that Alabama offered Rodriguez the job.

Alabama spokesman Doug Walker told The Associated Press the university did not have an announcement scheduled.

I think it's hysterical that he leaves for another ACC school. Not like he's leaving for Miami or even Clemson.

Serves BC right for leaving the Big East. They'll always be second rate in the ACC in any sport.

This isn't a Big East/ACC thing. BC doesn't get bigtime support up here. That's the way it is and will probably always be.

Even though there are 4,000 Colleges around here all we really care about are our pro teams.

I always thought O'Brien got the most out of the players in the program- they are on a streak of bowl games- you are saying otherwise.

He was a real good recruiter and good coach.

Recruiting for the second best private catholic college in the nation and a pro sports town is a tough draw.

I think he was like Pete Carroll's tenure in the NFL. His teams managed to win some surprising upsets, but lost some games they should have won.

This year they lost to NC State and Miami.

Last year, it was to a crappy UNC.

Two years ago, they had the BE all but won, but got blasted by a bad Cuse team at home by 26 points. Plus, he lost to a crappy Wake Forest team.

Archived