NFL approves financing for new stadium

OneEyedWonder

:yahoo: Didn't see it posted yet, but NJ.com is reporting the NFL approved the 300 million financing for the new stadium at the meadowlands.:yahoo:

NFL owners OK $$$ for new stadium

NFL owners this morning have approved the Jets and Giants applications for $300 million in league financing for their proposed shared stadium in the Meadowlands.

Carl Goldberg, chairman of the New Jersey Sports and Exposition Authority, said Jets chief executive Jay Cross had called him to let him know the outcome of the much-anticipated vote.

Some NFL owners from smaller cities, whose financial gains from the new stadium will not be nearly as substantial as the Giants' and Jets' gains, had objected to providing such a large loan to a single facility. In the past, the league has limited loans to $150 million for each stadium, but the NFL will double the outlay in this case because the stadium will be home to two teams.

"We are very enthused," Goldberg said. "This was arguably the last major obstacle to the start of construnction and we are anxious to take the next step."

Contributed by Matthew Futterman

And now for the worst news of the day

" The teams may make more money, and help pay for the stadium, by selling seat licenses, a one-time fee for a transferable permit to buy tickets, said Max Muhleman, president of Private Sports Consultants in Charlotte, North Carolina, who has worked on stadium projects for the Carolina Panthers and other NFL teams. "

" The teams may make more money, and help pay for the stadium, by selling seat licenses, a one-time fee for a transferable permit to buy tickets, said Max Muhleman, president of Private Sports Consultants in Charlotte, North Carolina, who has worked on stadium projects for the Carolina Panthers and other NFL teams. "

As much as i was for the stadium in manhattan, do you know what the PSL's would've been in that place??

At least since both teams are splitting the bill on this one, maybe, not likely, but maybe, there won't be PSL's. Maybe it will keep the prices down.

As a sports fan, that would be seriously Fuc*$ up.

``They receive ownership or equity in their seats that can be transferred or sold if they wish,'' Muhleman said. ``This is not a front-burner need, but it could contribute a significant amount of capital, around $90 or $100 million.''

Read the entire article first, they could do it not they will do it.

Um? I thought we didn't like the new stadium?

We didn't like the new staduim, uart. Some of us, myself included, really wanted the west side stadium. I would have sacrificed $$$ and time traveled to see the Jets play in New York City under the shadow of the Empire State Building.

But alas, we must share another stadium with the Giants. We've been doing it for 22 years now, so no big deal. I've become a bit selfish about it actually. If it's not in NYC, then I want them to stay in the swamp, which is only 25 minutes away.

At least in the future I can look up at the stadium from whichever tailgate I am mooching food and beer from, and it won't say Giants Stadium. It could be called Tampax Stadium, too, for all I care.

As much as i was for the stadium in manhattan, do you know what the PSL's would've been in that place??

At least since both teams are splitting the bill on this one, maybe, not likely, but maybe, there won't be PSL's. Maybe it will keep the prices down.

Do you live on Mars?

Of course there will be PSL's for the new stadium.

You think the Giants and Jets will not take advantage of a $300 million opportunity?

Cheapass billionaire owner who wants hand-outs from the taxpayers.

Teams without their own stadium should not be allowed to play in the NFL.

How much more bush-league can you get than that?

You mean like Kraft who spent $350,000,000 of his own money only to turn around make the Pats fans pay the MOST amount of money in the ENTIRE NFL for a ****ty field?

Nice.

BZ

Hey BZ, think the PSL's for the new Giants Stadium will be more than the Pats PSL's? ;)

Since you don't own season tickets, I will help you out a little.

The Patriots DIDN'T do PSLs, they DO charge the fans more than any other team in any other market to go to a crap stadium in the middle of the woods.

What the Pats DID do to those real fans (the ones who actually own season tickets and go to games, as opposed to posting on rival boards) was put in a $5,000 per ticket fee when you want to change ownership of the tickets. So, would I rather pay $1,000 -$3,000 now and be able to sell my tickets later to make or a profit, or pay the most in the NFL and get raped later for "transfer fees".

Time for you to do a little more homework... or do you always rely on other peoples work?

BZ

The Patriots DIDN'T do PSLs, they DO charge the fans more than any other team in any other market to go to a crap stadium in the middle of the woods.

What the Pats DID do to those real fans (the ones who actually own season tickets and go to games, as opposed to posting on rival boards) was put in a $5,000 per ticket fee when you want to change ownership of the tickets. So, would I rather pay $1,000 -$3,000 now and be able to sell my tickets later to make or a profit, or pay the most in the NFL and get raped later for "transfer fees".

Time for you to do a little more homework... or do you always rely on other peoples work?

BZ

Ouch. Tex got BZ all riled up today.

Ouch. Tex got BZ all riled up today.

As a Dolphins fan, you shouldn't even POST in a thread about stadiums considering you can't fill yours (unless Jet fans come down to fill it for you). Year in and year out the Dolphins have to do advertising all over Miami to get people to buy tickets and when the game is about to be blacked out, in comes the local media to buy up the tickets.

Talk about your fans.

BZ

Do you live on Mars?

Of course there will be PSL's for the new stadium.

You think the Giants and Jets will not take advantage of a $300 million opportunity?

First off, I said "maybe", never said never.

But you can't discount the fact that the stadium will be bringing in more revenue than any other stadium, because of more luxury boxes/suites, separate advertising signage per team, and the largest naming rights in history.

It could at least offset the price of the PSL's so they're not as high as places like Philly and Denver and Carolina.

DO you know the costs of construction with the rules and regulations and labor costs and the cost of land in NY/NJ metro area-that is one big reason this makes more sense to go as equal partners with the hated Giant

As a Dolphins fan, you shouldn't even POST in a thread about stadiums considering you can't fill yours (unless Jet fans come down to fill it for you). Year in and year out the Dolphins have to do advertising all over Miami to get people to buy tickets and when the game is about to be blacked out, in comes the local media to buy up the tickets.

Talk about your fans.

BZ

BZ, you get up on the wrong side of the bed this morning?

BZ, you get up on the wrong side of the bed this morning?

No... just having fun busting your balls since you seem to have lost your ability to do anything else but one liners that are far from the topic.

Try actually responding to things. It might make you looks like less of a troll (if at all possible).

BZ

Talk about your fans.

BZ

I had been nice.

Yes, the Dolphins do advertise, and so do 31 other NFL teams. And if our stadium only had 68,000 seats it would be packed to the rafters every game. So what if there are 7,000 fairweather fans in Miami. I'm willing to guess that half of the fans that show up to a Jets game are drunk and confused Giants fans. And in case you did'nt know the 2 biggest immigrant groups in South Florida are Cubans and New Yakers, so of course some will show up to watch the Jest take a beatin. At least Miami doesnt cover up entire sections of seats to bring down their capacity like Jacksonville does. So what if we don't have every seat taken at a game, at least we have our OWN stadium.

I recend the welcome mat. I hope you have a crappy stay in my beautiful City.

Who do you think will play the very 1st regular season game there?

It will always be Giants Stadium

I really hope the 1st game there is the Jets home opener. If they did, It would feel more 50/50. If the Giants get the 1st game, I think Giants fans will claim the stadium as their own.

I had been nice.

Yes, the Dolphins do advertise, and so do 31 other NFL teams. And if our stadium only had 68,000 seats it would be packed to the rafters every game. So what if there are 7,000 fairweather fans in Miami. I'm willing to guess that half of the fans that show up to a Jets game are drunk and confused Giants fans. And in case you did'nt know the 2 biggest immigrant groups in South Florida are Cubans and New Yakers, so of course some will show up to watch the Jest take a beatin. At least Miami doesnt cover up entire sections of seats to bring down their capacity like Jacksonville does. So what if we don't have every seat taken at a game, at least we have our OWN stadium.

I recend the welcome mat. I hope you have a crappy stay in my beautiful City.

I have been to Miami for 5 years (this being my sixth) and every time I am down there I see TV ads for Dolphins tickets, billboards etc. Probably 2-3 per visit of a few days.

I have lived in NYC for over 10 years full-time and have NEVER seen an ad for Giants or Jets tickets. Never. TV? Radio? Print? Nothing.

BZ

We shoulda gotten a stadium in Queens or LI. I don't know why WSS was the only option. I mean right near Shea and where the US Open is held, I think there's some space around there, and we could still tailgate. Woody probably always wanted to share the stadium with the Giants, and just went for the WSS because he knew it'd get shot down, and he could shift the blame onto someone else.

We shoulda gotten a stadium in Queens or LI. I don't know why WSS was the only option. I mean right near Shea and where the US Open is held, I think there's some space around there, and we could still tailgate. Woody probably always wanted to share the stadium with the Giants, and just went for the WSS because he knew it'd get shot down, and he could shift the blame onto someone else.

I think you are off a little bit.

$75,000,000 couldn't convince NY to put in anywhere.

BZ

BZ

What's your beef with Gillette? It's a great Stadium.

It's true we pay the highest ticket prices, but that is the price of doing business in Massachusetts.

The "new" Garden was privately funded as well.

If they ever knock down that piece of garbage ballpark in the Fenway I'm sure the new one will be privatley funded as well.

I think most Jets & Giants fans are going to be in for a huge shock when the season ticket invoices arrive in 2010. PSL's or not.

You guys have been very spoilt by the low ticket prices and cheap parking for years.

Archived