NFL approves financing for new stadium

OneEyedWonder

I have been to Miami for 5 years (this being my sixth) and every time I am down there I see TV ads for Dolphins tickets, billboards etc. Probably 2-3 per visit of a few days.

I have lived in NYC for over 10 years full-time and have NEVER seen an ad for Giants or Jets tickets. Never. TV? Radio? Print? Nothing.

BZ

SHOP-TO-WIN AT NEWYORKJETS.COM

Courtesy of the NY Jets

New York City - The New York Jets have announced an exciting "Shop-to-Win" promotion that will make four Jets fan VIPs for the season finale against the Raiders Dec. 31.

With any purchase of $100 or more at the official merchandise website of the New York Jets, shop.newyorkjets.com, purchasers are automatically entered to win a VIP Experience for four at the Jets season finale vs. Oakland on New Year's Eve

The winner's exclusive VIP Game Day Experience includes:

* Four pre-game sideline passes to watch the Jets warm up

* Four VIP Toyota 50 Club passes for a pre-game reception

* Four game tickets

* Four exclusive VIP bags with even more Jets merchandise

Qualifying purchases through Dec. 19 will be eligible. To participate, log on to shop.newyorkjets.com and start shopping!

SHOP-TO-WIN AT NEWYORKJETS.COM

Courtesy of the NY Jets

New York City - The New York Jets have announced an exciting "Shop-to-Win" promotion that will make four Jets fan VIPs for the season finale against the Raiders Dec. 31.

With any purchase of $100 or more at the official merchandise website of the New York Jets, shop.newyorkjets.com, purchasers are automatically entered to win a VIP Experience for four at the Jets season finale vs. Oakland on New Year's Eve

The winner's exclusive VIP Game Day Experience includes:

* Four pre-game sideline passes to watch the Jets warm up

* Four VIP Toyota 50 Club passes for a pre-game reception

* Four game tickets

* Four exclusive VIP bags with even more Jets merchandise

Qualifying purchases through Dec. 19 will be eligible. To participate, log on to shop.newyorkjets.com and start shopping!

The only problem there is that no one goes on the official website. It's never updated, and looks like crap. It wasa better than the other one at least. I don't really call that much of an advertisement for tickets, it's an advertisement for the Jets store.

What's your beef with Gillette? It's a great Stadium.

It's true we pay the highest ticket prices, but that is the price of doing business in Massachusetts.

The "new" Garden was privately funded as well.

If they ever knock down that piece of garbage ballpark in the Fenway I'm sure the new one will be privatley funded as well.

I think most Jets & Giants fans are going to be in for a huge shock when the season ticket invoices arrive in 2010. PSL's or not.

You guys have been very spoilt by the low ticket prices and cheap parking for years.

http://www.leg.state.mn.us/docs/2004/other/040634/Stadium/www.stadium.state.mn.us/meetings/031209/031209_agenda.pdf

I guess that 70 million from the state for "infrastructure" doesnt count....

I give Kraft kudos for doing what he did, even if he is a mush mouth

Check out the link... great info on stadium financing and public vs private funding.

And yes, many Jet fans (including myself) will be in for a HUGE shock...

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/tickets/seasonTickets.jsp

According to the Ravens, if I had comparable seats in Baltimore, the price is the same for 50yd line seats (90 bucks a game), but an $8,000 PSL. Ya think the Jets arent going to command a higher price for both???

I dont care about the stadium issue... WHY DOES IT MATTER WHAT NAME IS ON THE BUILDING???? I dont drive 4 hours each way to see what name is on the building... I come to watch my team play 10 times a year. The stadium is fine as it is, but the owners need to make more millions... Its too bad, I really enjoyed just being a regular guy with a regular job sitting on the 50yd line field level.... but that wont happen at the new stadium... I will be priced out, and once you sit field level on the 50, you just cant sit anywhere else....

Oh well my ranting is done, but everyone should research new stadiums and financing and get a glimpse of what our future holds.

http://www.seasonticketrights.com/home/OnlineMarketTeam.aspx?lid=2

11 teams have PSL's

Start saving now....

I know there's alot of NJ jets fans and whatever, but wouldnt you guys rather go out of your way alittle and watch the Jets play in their own stadium (NY or NJ) then share another f'n stadium with the f'n Giants? How f'n pathetic is this sh#t, sharing another stadium with the Giants? Its really pathetic, those aholes will always get the majority of the home openers whether you like to admit it or not.

I know there's alot of NJ jets fans and whatever, but wouldnt you guys rather go out of your way alittle and watch the Jets play in their own stadium (NY or NJ) then share another f'n stadium with the f'n Giants? How f'n pathetic is this sh#t, sharing another stadium with the Giants? Its really pathetic, those aholes will always get the majority of the home openers whether you like to admit it or not.

Nope. It doesnt matter where they play their games. Why does it matter that we share a stadium??? The only reason anyone ever gives is : because its the Giants... SO????

Yeah, in our own stadium we would be making all of the revenue... but we would be facing a higher cost per ticket, a huge PSL, higher parking (unless its manhattan, then forget about tailgating! You'll have to do that at the train station...) higher concessions,

A shared stadium (1 billion dollars for a shared stadium!!!!!!!) cuts costs and maybe shields me from $10,000 per seat PSL's and $300 tickets, plus we share the revenue...

Oh and by the way, I travel 4 hours each way to see all 10 home games. It doesnt matter where in the tri-state area they play, as long as they do.

I dont remember the Jets playing at shea, but from what I have been told it always sucked at the beginning of the season since the mets wouldnt let us play in sept.... but it hasnt been bad since the move to the meadowlands.... so what we dont get a home game first game of the season??? 16 teams are away the 1st week... Does it really matter??? Doesnt your money mean more that some stupid petty feeling towards a football team we arent even rivals with????

C'mon people... I cant believe it bothers people so much that we play at the meadowlands. I cant believe it ruins your enjoyment of the game to see Giants stadium outside... I cant believe so many jet fans hate the giants.

Face it, the dominant teams in NY are:

Yankees

Giants

Knicks

Rangers

The Mets, Jets, Nets and Islanders/Devils WILL ALWAYS BE the 2nd TEAM IN NY. Get used to it. Embrace it. Enjoy it. Stop being jealous of more popular teams and start enjoying your own teams.

http://www.leg.state.mn.us/docs/2004/other/040634/Stadium/www.stadium.state.mn.us/meetings/031209/031209_agenda.pdf

I guess that 70 million from the state for "infrastructure" doesnt count....

I give Kraft kudos for doing what he did, even if he is a mush mouth

Check out the link... great info on stadium financing and public vs private funding.

And yes, many Jet fans (including myself) will be in for a HUGE shock...

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/tickets/seasonTickets.jsp

According to the Ravens, if I had comparable seats in Baltimore, the price is the same for 50yd line seats (90 bucks a game), but an $8,000 PSL. Ya think the Jets arent going to command a higher price for both???

I dont care about the stadium issue... WHY DOES IT MATTER WHAT NAME IS ON THE BUILDING???? I dont drive 4 hours each way to see what name is on the building... I come to watch my team play 10 times a year. The stadium is fine as it is, but the owners need to make more millions... Its too bad, I really enjoyed just being a regular guy with a regular job sitting on the 50yd line field level.... but that wont happen at the new stadium... I will be priced out, and once you sit field level on the 50, you just cant sit anywhere else....

Oh well my ranting is done, but everyone should research new stadiums and financing and get a glimpse of what our future holds.

http://www.seasonticketrights.com/home/OnlineMarketTeam.aspx?lid=2

11 teams have PSL's

Start saving now....

That $70 million doesn't count. If Raytheon, EMC, Reebok or Gillette built a huge facility in the Commonwealth they would get the same improvements.

Unlike the above mentioned Company's the Commonwealth receives all tax revenues from the Pats.

This stadium isn't going to be "Giants Stadium" it's going to be someting like "Trojan Condom: Avoid Herpes Field" it's going to be 50-50 on EVERYTHING so I'm pretty sure it'll be something like every year they rotate HO's or every 2 years or whatever, this will be a 50-50 type thing.

Going to NYC = No tailgating and I'm sorry but the traffic would be worse and a lot of people don't want to be inconvienced by hoping on 2,000 trains or subways throughout Sunday.

And now for the worst news of the day

" The teams may make more money, and help pay for the stadium, by selling seat licenses, a one-time fee for a transferable permit to buy tickets, said Max Muhleman, president of Private Sports Consultants in Charlotte, North Carolina, who has worked on stadium projects for the Carolina Panthers and other NFL teams. "

Makes one wonder - doesn't it? :baby:

HONESTLY, Did anyone NOT see this coming?:box:

Yeah, you are so right - we should be in our own stadium & the season ticket holders can:

• PAY 2-TIMES THE PSL DUE TO THE COST OF A NEW STADIUM THAT IN THE METRO AREA WILL COST 5-TIMES THAT OF A STADIUM ON THE WEST COAST
  • COME TO THE REALITY THAT IF I MAKE LESS THAN $100,000.00 A YEAR, I CAN'T AFFORD TO PAY FOR MY 10 GAME PACKAGE DUE TO THE HIGH COSTS OF OPERATING A SINGLE FACILITY IN THE NY-METRO AREA
  • STILL NEVER GET SUPERBOWL TICKETS - HECK, THEY GO TO CORPORATE SPONSORS OF THE NFL LONG BEFORE JOHN Q PUBLIC

but who's counting...

Get over it, would you rather still play in a broken down stadium in queens that even the owners (METS) want out of or move into a state of the art facility that will change colors on both the interior & exterior (lighting) so it's just the name of a corporate sponsor?

I'd take the latter - Especially since now we can rub it into the G-girls that if it wasn't for Woody & Roger Goodell (former member Jets Organization), they wouldn't have gotten a new stadium at all!

That $70 million doesn't count. If Raytheon, EMC, Reebok or Gillette built a huge facility in the Commonwealth they would get the same improvements.

Unlike the above mentioned Company's the Commonwealth receives all tax revenues from the Pats.

Not busting on ya too much... just didnt want people to think the state just sat back and did nothing... sure, ALL big business gets huge breaks from state/city/town, and most people have no clue. Pats are no exception. Jets/Giants/Yankees/Mets are no exception.

Plus, $70 mil is a drop in the bucket compared to the price of a stadium

Not busting on ya too much... just didnt want people to think the state just sat back and did nothing... sure, ALL big business gets huge breaks from state/city/town, and most people have no clue. Pats are no exception. Jets/Giants/Yankees/Mets are no exception.

I know where you were coming from. The state will make money on the $70 mill they put into infrastructure. They probably have already made that money back.

I have been to Miami for 5 years (this being my sixth) and every time I am down there I see TV ads for Dolphins tickets, billboards etc. Probably 2-3 per visit of a few days.

I have lived in NYC for over 10 years full-time and have NEVER seen an ad for Giants or Jets tickets. Never. TV? Radio? Print? Nothing.

BZ

Ok, true story, I bought tix for last years miami-jets game from group sales, 25 tix. At the airport TSA security went through my checked baggage behind the scenes after i checked in, and mysteriously the tix disappeared. I was flipping out because I had a bunch of people now and no way to see the game. We pull into the lot in miami for the game, and I am thinking i am going to spend a fortune and run around to 10 scalpers to get 25 tix, but before i can even step out of the car, a scalper comes up selling tix. I laugh and ask how many he has, to which he laughs back and just says" as many as you need." I could have gotten 50 tickets, all right next to each other, if i wanted. I got my 25 tix below face.

Barton -- How many people supported this? A lot. I did. It didn't happen. I wanted the stadium on the west side of Manhattan. I was born and raised in Manhattan. BUT -- if the stadium was on the West Side, it would have been SO corportate it would not have been louder. Just what we need -- more corporate seats. Getting handed off on Friday afternoon to people that don't even know who the Jets are playing.

Queens? Cmon. Have you been to Shea? Building the stadium in Queens would not have made the majority of the fans happier than they are now imo.

NJ? They are playing there now. It will be a true shared stadium that the Jets own. The Jets and Giants have to do the right thing here with PSLs. Not saying they can't charge them. But the total costs to the fans will be lower in NJ. It will be hard to prove but common sense tells you that if they are paying half the cost, they will pass less on. Granted ultimately it is the best deal financially for the Jets.

The fans get to tailgate. We get a new stadium. We get rid of all the damn blue. I am happy about this. Now it is up to the Jets to do the right thing and not take advantage of the situation by charging insane PSLs.

And you forgot to mention that Kraft is paying back $1 million per year to the state of Massachusetts for the next 25 years. Calculating the cost of money and inflation over the next 25 years, it will be close to a total wash.

"The state kicked in $72 million in infrastructure costs, but the Patriots pay back $1 million a year for 25 years, and the NFL kicked in another $150 million from its stadium construction fund"..

http://football.ballparks.com/NFL/NewEnglandPatriots/articles.htm

And you forgot to mention that Kraft is paying back $1 million per year to the state of Massachusetts for the next 25 years. Calculating the cost of money and inflation over the next 25 years, it will be close to a total wash.

"The state kicked in $72 million in infrastructure costs, but the Patriots pay back $1 million a year for 25 years, and the NFL kicked in another $150 million from its stadium construction fund"..

http://football.ballparks.com/NFL/NewEnglandPatriots/articles.htm

Tx,

Thanks for letting me know what a swell guy he is. I will admit I had a bad opinion of the man becuase of all his under the table contract dealings in the past.

If you ever see him, please give him a hug for me. Tell him that I said he is the best.

Thanks. :)

I will admit I had a bad opinion of the man becuase of all his under the table contract dealings in the past.

You're talking about the Woody/Parcells dealings during Super Bowl week in January '97 right? You know, when Parcells was coaching the Patriots!

Barton -- How many people supported this? A lot. I did. It didn't happen. I wanted the stadium on the west side of Manhattan. I was born and raised in Manhattan. BUT -- if the stadium was on the West Side, it would have been SO corportate it would not have been louder. Just what we need -- more corporate seats. Getting handed off on Friday afternoon to people that don't even know who the Jets are playing.

Queens? Cmon. Have you been to Shea? Building the stadium in Queens would not have made the majority of the fans happier than they are now imo.

NJ? They are playing there now. It will be a true shared stadium that the Jets own. The Jets and Giants have to do the right thing here with PSLs. Not saying they can't charge them. But the total costs to the fans will be lower in NJ. It will be hard to prove but common sense tells you that if they are paying half the cost, they will pass less on. Granted ultimately it is the best deal financially for the Jets.

The fans get to tailgate. We get a new stadium. We get rid of all the damn blue. I am happy about this. Now it is up to the Jets to do the right thing and not take advantage of the situation by charging insane PSLs.

We've been over and over this before with barton...it doesn't sink through his head from a couple thousand miles away

I'm PUMPED for this new stadium

Archived