Another Bills player injured.

JETSFAN5180

Bills S Whitner questionable after hurting hamstring

By JOHN WAWROW, AP Sports Writer

December 7, 2006

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. (AP) -- Strong safety Donte Whitner hurt his hamstring in practice Thursday, leaving the Buffalo Bills potentially minus another defensive starter when they play the New York Jets this weekend.

Coach Dick Jauron listed Whitner as questionable after the first-round draft pick was hurt early in practice.

ADVERTISEMENT

Cameras Shoes Laptops

Cell Phones Handbags TVs

"It's worrisome, but it's just part of the deal," Jauron said. "And if he's not up, then somebody else will come up and play."

Whitner described the injury as "a tweak." He added he expected to return to practice Friday and should be ready to play Sunday.

The Bills (5-7) are banged-up as they travel to play the AFC East rival Jets (7-5).

Starting cornerback Terrence McGee and starting running back Willis McGahee missed practice for the second consecutive day after both hurt their left ankles in a 24-21 loss to San Diego last weekend.

McGee did work out on the sideline, but ran with a noticeable limp, while McGahee was not present. Both remain questionable.

Buffalo is already down starting linebacker Angelo Crowell, who was placed on injured reserve this week after breaking his left leg. Reserve strong safety Coy Wire and rookie backup linebacker Keith Ellison are expected to share the duties in place of Crowell.

If Whitner can't go, and with Wire set to play at linebacker, veteran reserve Matt Bowen would take over at strong safety.

Bowen has appeared in two of Buffalo's past three games -- mostly limited to special teams -- after missing the first nine games with a broken bone in his right leg.

No your just asking for them with comments like that.... please dont ever say that again...

"The more the merrier." is what got us to 4-12

Yeah, you're right.

I knew it sounded wrong right after I put it. I was just too lazy to edit it. But I apologize now. I wouldn't want that to happen to anyone, I'd actually rather a fair game where no one's injured, then you can truly see who's better. My bad.

Maybe I'm in the minority but I see nothing wrong with being happy that your facing another team who is missing a top notch player due to injury. Sorry.

No wishing of injury to not face said player, but if he's injured and not playing and it gives my team a competitive advantage then I don't really see the harm.

No your just asking for them with comments like that.... please dont ever say that again...

"The more the merrier." is what got us to 4-12

If merry is my father and I screaming obscenties at our televisions then that's about as merry as it gets.

:confused: :confused: :confused:

I'm not quite getting you there. :bag:

2005 New York Jets. 4-12. A festival of merriment. Cursing at the television was how I spent the season. What did you do?

Maybe I'm in the minority but I see nothing wrong with being happy that your facing another team who is missing a top notch player due to injury. Sorry.

No wishing of injury to not face said player, but if he's injured and not playing and it gives my team a competitive advantage then I don't really see the harm.

I totally agree with you on this. While I would never wish to see someone get injured, and I always hate seeing people get injured during games whether they are Jets or not, but if they get banged up during the week and aren't able to play against us I am not gonna be upset about it. It doesn't seem like anything career threatening, season ending or anything like that.

2005 New York Jets. 4-12. A festival of merriment. Cursing at the television was how I spent the season. What did you do?

I did the exact same thing. I just didn't understand your post, maybe I read it the wrong way. Some other people seem to believe the same thing: that it's better for the Jets. That's what I was thinking with my first post but if people find it offending, I'd change it, which I did because ecurb thought so.

I did the exact same thing. I just didn't understand your post, maybe I read it the wrong way. Some other people seem to believe the same thing: that it's better for the Jets. That's what I was thinking with my first post but if people find it offending, I'd change it, which I did because ecurb thought so.

It's cool. Post what you want. Who cares what Ecurb or anybody else thinks? You thought the thought, the jinx gods aren't going to change the future because you edited a post. Do you think maybe they missed it and will get around to reading it later?

It's cool. Post what you want. Who cares what Ecurb or anybody else thinks? You thought the thought, the jinx gods aren't going to change the future because you edited a post. Do you think maybe they missed it and will get around to reading it later?

Hopefully they missed it. lol

just kidding, but yeah, I'm not really here to start anything with everyone else unless they start it with me, I'll just leave that stuff to the resident trolls.

Archived