Kimo/Run Defense

BigOrangeJetFan

Brown torched us for 100 yds+ and could have ruined our season.

Does the run D stink because of Kimo? Is he getting blown away on the line? From what I could see Monday, Robertson played well in the middle, but runs off tackle were killing us?

Obviously, we need a DE through the draft/free agency. Who should we target?

Does the run D stink because of Kimo? Is he getting blown away on the line? From what I could see Monday, Robertson played well in the middle, but runs off tackle were killing us?

Carriker or that smith dude form the bengals

Kimo is the one guy on the team that absolutely cannot be a returning starter next year. He may have some value in a rotation, but they need somebody who will be the starting DE over him. Don't see much use in Bobby Hamilton and Kimo on the same team.

Kimo is the one guy i dont want to see on the field the rest of the year.Hes old and slow and cannot stop anyone.

Yeah I would like to see Bobby Hamilton in there more than Kimo... Bobby plays with some fire, and have you ever noticed he is always chatting it up with ALL of the players on the sideline??? This guy is good for our team and he is also better than Kimo...

The best thing Kimo ever did was knock Palmer out of the playoffs... otherwise the Steelers would have never beat the Bengals last year...

instead of targeting a DE for Kimo, it would make sense to get another DT like robertson and play them side by side.

The Ravens essentially had 3 DT's in that 2000 campaign. They did not expect sacks from them, they only expected them to push the line backwards. It allows the linebackers to make plays.

Who knows maybe we do that and we'll see Vilma's numbers jump so you all can stop talk about trading him.

instead of targeting a DE for Kimo, it would make sense to get another DT like robertson and play them side by side.

The Ravens essentially had 3 DT's in that 2000 campaign. They did not expect sacks from them, they only expected them to push the line backwards. It allows the linebackers to make plays.

Who knows maybe we do that and we'll see Vilma's numbers jump so you all can stop talk about trading him.

Thats why we have so many DT's on the roster... I think anyways...

We have Pouha on IR also

Thats why we have so many DT's on the roster... I think anyways...

We have Pouha on IR also

I have been looking forward to watching pouha since we drafted him. Its only speculation, but quite a few draft "experts" thought he'd be pretty good. who knows.

Robaire Smith. He's big, affordable, versatile and at 29 he's got about 4 good years left so giving him a 3 or 4 year deal would be fine.

I have been looking forward to watching pouha since we drafted him. Its only speculation, but quite a few draft "experts" thought he'd be pretty good. who knows.

pouha is too old to lose a year to an injury

one last camp but after that, he's probably done JMO

ps Peternorth agree on Ngata but FYI Leinart hurt his shoulder and is done for the year.

pouha is too old to lose a year to an injury

one last camp but after that, he's probably done JMO

ps Peternorth agree on Ngata but FYI Leinart hurt his shoulder and is done for the year.

i could see that happening. or he could play into his mid 30's. some tackles have awsome longevity. ted washington for one, isn't he 36?

Here's to hoping.

Archived