The "Just win, baby" Edition of Post of the Week - December 27th, 2006

GreenBeans

Welcome to the "Just win, baby" Edition of Post of the Week - December 27th, 2006. Although I mentioned doing a Post of the Year tomorrow last week, I've decided to put that off until the Jets season ends on February 4th, 2007 in the Orange Bowl. ;) I think that Post of the Year should coincide with the Jets season, so we'll delay that for a few weeks (or longer!). Who'd of thunk it, huh? :)

There are quite a few great posts this week folks, so let's get right to'em:

-----

Originally Posted by joewilly

when I was a rock star I used to get all my viruses from groupies not drummers

(Editor's Note: LOL. That's a good one!)

-----

Originally Posted by Max

http://geeks.com I love that site.

Originally Posted by Verde

Shocking.

Originally Posted by Max

Whatever Verde. Just whatever.

Muah! Pttth.

(Editor's Note: I'm not sure I get this one at all, but it'll stay because V is a hottie!)

-----

Originally Posted by BwanaZulia

jets_grinch.jpg

BZ

(Editor's Note: Very, very nice BZ!)

-----

Originally Posted by Garb

I read some of the "debate." Speculation versus fact.

You clearly didn't do too well in reading comprehension.

The entire topic was ABOUT speculation it was talking about the 2007 Jets and beyond and whether or not Mangini had the team going in the right direction.

Of course, you missed all that because they don't coincide with your agenda. Sad really.

BZ

(Editor's Note: Sexy. That Garb is just flat out sexy. Misguided, as BZ points out, but SEXY.)

-----

(Topic: " Bradway left Jets in good shape " ~ ~ ~)

Originally Posted by Sperm Edwards

???

* Bradway didn't do the Abraham trade; Tannenbaum did.

* He properly says Tannenbaum drafted DRob but left out that we traded 3 draft picks (including 2 first-rounders) to get him. So while we drafted DRob who has been mostly good but not great, the players who went at or right after our original picks (at positions of need for the Jets) were Ty Warren/Troy Polamalu (with the first pick) and McGahee/Dallas Clark/Larry Johnson. Asante Samuel went off the board 4 picks after the 4th-rounder we also traded away for DRob. If we took RB with the first pick, it would have further netted yet another pick, as we would've been able to trade Jordan for the early 3rd-rounder that we turned down from Houston. Of course it is EASY to play the hindsight game. But before lauding praise on Bradway for DRob and his bloated cap # that prevented the signing of a known-quantity player, it easily could've been: Troy Polamalu + Larry Johnson + Asante Samuel + 3rd rounder + more cap room instead of one Dewayne Robertson.

* The drafting of Bryan Thomas over Ed Reed, however well BT's playing this year, still looks as bad today it did back then. Thomas has turned into a good OLB. Reed is, and has been, a GREAT safety.

* Nugent is doing very well on his FG's. Until Nugent hits a 40+ FG to win a game with the clock winding down, a 2nd-rounder is too steep. Also a 2nd-round kicker should be able to get more than his roughly one touchback in two seasons.

Bradway left the Jets in TERRIBLE shape. Mangini & Tannenbaum fixing the problems and coaching bad players into mediocre players, or mediocre players into good player, should not be equated with Bradway adding ready-made pro-bowlers to the team.

In addition to the blunders mentioned, Hutchinson left out:

* With the usual compensation for an under-contract HC being either a first-rounder & more, let an under-contract (with 2 years left at that) HC go to a conference rival - whose GM was Bradway's mentor - and got a paltry mid-4th-rounder for him. Still glad to get anything & am happy just to have Herm gone, but KC clearly wanted him, clearly tampered, and we got dicked in terms of customary compensation.

* With the team practicing on Long Island and playing in East Rutherford, Bradway moved down by Atlantic City that made coming to work every day impractical, if not impossible.

* He let a then in-demand LaMont Jordan go with no compensation to the Jets. In 2003, Houston offered us their (very high) 3rd-rounder, which we turned down. Bradway instead chose to keep him for 1 more year as a rarely-used backup & then let him go for nothing.

* Signed Sam Cowart, a 3-4 ILB on IR the prior season with a ruptured knee ligament, to a $30M contract, knowing we play a 4-3 and he'd likely be moved to OLB. Before long, said player was traded to Minnesota for a 7th-rounder.

* Signed an aging Ty Law to a 1-year rent-a-CB contract that cost us $3-4M to cut this year. I didn't have a problem going after Law so much as giving him a contract that was prohibitively expensive to keep him past '05, and would cost us so much to let him go.

* Re-signed Chad Pennington to a $64M contract with $23M in bonus money (including $18M up front) before he'd completed a single 16-game season, and was coming off a decidedly mediocre half-season in '03.

* Re-signed Shaun Ellis (while a good DE) to a bloated contract with a $15M signing bonus, then-commensurate with great players with multiple pro-bowl appearances.

* Traded away a mid-high 2nd-round pick for a #3 WR who'd never had a single 100-yard game in Justin McCareins, and then gave said player a $31M contract. This is where the money for Kareem McKenzie went & why we are still without a legit RT. However much the Giants overpaid KMac, he would've cost less than that if we re-signed him before he hit free agency.

* Re-signed Chrebet (however much I loved the guy as a Jet) to a contract he was not nearly worth.

* After drafting a HB in round two, re-signed 29 year-old Curtis Martin, then already in the top-10 in career carries, to a 7-year extension for like $46M. It was foolish & naive to think we would've gotten even 3 more years' production out of him commensurate with the compensation he was to receive.

I'm sure there's more but the point is Hutchinson has grossly underestimated Bradway's ineptitude, if not incompetence, as a GM. Bradway is hardly deserving of a fluff-piece.

(Editor's Note: When did YJF take over SE's body? Great post, Spermie!)

-----

(Topic: TX in Tights!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Originally Posted by GreenMachine

This is the movie PatsfanTX never wanted you to see!!

it is too hot for JN, so just click the link!

TX's WILD DANCE!! - http://www.elfyourself.com/?userid=aec3240797a74403dbd0137G06122010

(Editor's Note: GM - freaking incredible! TX has never, ever looked so good!)

-----

Originally Posted by ladyJET2280

well at least I can pm

but no post of the great massage! lol

you got a lot more topics on the other website then this one

u even talk about college basketball which is cool

so are you going to pm me now whats going on with the website

(The Nomination: Did you just say that JI is better? POTW NOM.

This site is just like a test site. When we have anything important to say we post it on JetInsider!

I will PM you over there tomorrow. I really want you to be able to post over there. Ultimately I think that would be the best next step.)

(Editor's Note: We found this mouse in the bottle, ehh, so you owe us free beer, ehh.)

-----

(Topic: TX in Tights part II...Turn up your Speakers!!)

OK Redone You have to listen!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.elfyourself.com/?userid=a19077f131c28e482b847feG06122020

(Editor's Note: GM outdoes his previous with this one!!! Outstanding!!!)

-----

Originally Posted by EM31

The Jets coaching staff is the wrong color.

Plus he would be tagged.

He is someone who probably would command two first round picks.

Always assuming your coach is the right color of course.

Originally Posted by PFSIKH

I had a point.....but forgot....nice avatar.

(The Avatar: image.php?u=1650&dateline=1165629718)

(Editor's Note: Huh - did you say something, SIKH?)

-----

Originally Posted by shawn306

Don't listen to these mopes.

You just hang with me eh. I'm this week's POTW winner so I'm like a big deal now and know alot about Jets football eh. I'm a big Yankees fan too so that makes me even double cool eh.

They degenerates give you any problem you let me know eh. Don't let them bother you eh.

(Editor's Note: Beauty, eh?)

-----

Originally Posted by Smizzy

http://www.elfyourself.com/?userid=06e98d2f79b83b8a22d63f0G06122020

(Editor's Note: That Elf is too skinny and just where are the flip-flops? Not realistic at all - where are the pancakes???)

-----

Originally Posted by johnny green balls

true.

your predicted overall record: 9-7

your predictions taken week by week: 16-0

nothing like consistency!

One is realism the other homerism.

I am a Gemini.

BZ

(Editor's Note: That's one of the best self-depricating yet not posts EVER!)

-----

(Topic: JetNation movie)

Originally Posted by ladyJET2280

who would be the main actress?

Originally Posted by Jetcane

Depends.

If it's a musical, it would be gg.

If it's a drama, Garb.

If it's about a missing person whose only lines are in the first act, ggg.

If it's a sexually charged, suspense movie, then V.

If it's a comedy, Max.

(Editor's Note: Dead on the money here, JC. Dead on - especially about Maxie.)

-----

Originally Posted by crashingjet

Oohhh oohhh i've got a good one... Jason "12.5 sacks, 2 int., 2td's, and 9 forced fumbles" Taylor.

Yeah, I like the sound of that.

Nice stats. Amazing how they all add up to 6-8

BZ

(Editor's Note: Pwned. BZ is this week's Defender of the Faith.)

-----

Originally Posted by Marko Cavka

Leemo!!

Is sad. Leemo leave Marko, Marko can not pay for all you can eat buffet anymore.

(Editor's Note: I could not bring myself to add the picture to this post. My goodness, WTF was that, anyway?)

-----

Originally Posted by shutout

vlc2006122021482625tq2.jpg

Sure, the Jetnation faithful joked about it, but they never truly believed Ellis, Von Olehoffen and Vilma were actually invisible men

(Editor's Note: Hahahaa!)

-----

Originally Posted by TheShow

I know this will never happen, just wondering what you guys think.

I for one could not cheer for someone I've hated for all these years.

Originally Posted by TaborJet

Wouldn't be the first QB of the Jets to wear pantyhose.

(Editor's Note: True, but Namath did it to GET chicks, not to BE LIKE a chick.)

-----

Originally Posted by G.O.B.

vlc2006122021482625tq2.jpg

JETS DT DWAYNE ROBERTSON JOINS FORCES WITH ALL OF PATSFANTX'S FRIENDS TO TAKE ON THE MINNESOTA VIKINGS.

(Editor's Note: Now that's clever. Nice work, officer.)

-----

Originally Posted by Gainzo

If Brady was a Jet he would be in the HOF yesterday and be banging every chick in the tri-state area.......even though his YPA is 6.74 and Chad's is 7.0

(Editor's Note: This is an example of why Gainzo is one of the best posters at JN. I'm a big Gainzo fan, you should be, too!)

------

Runner-up of the Week Sponsored by PatsFanTX

Originally Posted by PatsFanTX

http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.tmz.com/media/2006/12/1miss_navada_splashnews.jpg

Personally, I don't see anything wrong with what she did.

Here's the rest of the pics:

(The Nomination: Man Law! Girls Kissing = POTW Nomination!!! POTW Nomination! - PFSIKH)

(TX's Response - Damn Beans, if I can't win with this post, you must be a homo. ;))

(gg's Nomination - POTW nom!!!! even I would rather look at two girls kissing then read tx's c0ckamamy posts about his "knowledge" of football)

(Editor's Note: Good golly Ms. Molly, if this was just not a family friendly site. This post wins the Runner-Up for several reasons: 1 - the original post deserves ATTENTION - wow. 2 - the nomination is funny as all get out. 3 - TX's comment is freaking hysterical. 4 - gg made me spit coffee through my nose when I read her nomination. Nice work by all on this one!!!!)

-----

Originally Posted by Max

Tx that was a web poll. I agree, web polls are very scientific and are never wrong. Click here for an even better poll.

Originally Posted by Jet Moses

Actually that Poll is skewered in TX's favor when you take into account that ALK was able to vote 11 times under all his other usernames.

(Editor's Note: Ha - the truth is always funnier than fiction!)

-----

(Topic: Marty Booker Out)

Originally Posted by J-MAC_81

It really is a big blow, I mean without Booker Harrington probably won't even be able to get 20 yards again.

(Editor's Note: Poor Joey - I think he's done....)

-----

Originally Posted by crashingjet

Alright... Everybody supports their team. I think your dumb because you think the Jets are gonna win. You think i'm dumb because I think my Dolphins are gonna win. We all blindly follow our teams, that's the way it works.

All of the players and coachs want to win for their team. This is what end of the year divisional football is all about. Exciting.

Originally Posted by harts724

WOW, you finally wrote an intelligent post.CONGRATS

(Editor's Note: Very, very nice of you to notice and to make sure others noticed, too, harts. crashingjet may just have some potential here after all.)

-----

Guys, guys, guys!

There are a few Rocky polls in the lounge that can sure use some votes.

-Thanks/Management

Originally Posted by 124

**** Rocky.

(Editor's Note: Agreed 124, agreed. Enough is enough.)

-----

Originally Posted by SoFlaJets

"YO"

Don'tcha mean

Yo! Yo! Yo!

(Editor's Note: Unless it was "Yo, Adrienne!")

-----

Originally Posted by greengal

since many say it is all about me.....

ok here is my question...

i am trying to decide whether to ditch the indigo and the font change for the new year...

i will go with what the nation says...

am going to try and post a poll... ( yeah and not in the sick way you aall are thinking aabout ...)

so what say you nation?

indigo or no indigo....?

these are the important things in life!!

does the font match the carpet?

(Editor's Note: Holy **** - more coffee on my shirt. That's some funny stuff right there, GM.)

-----

yep gm... my carpet is indigo.... :rolleyes:

jc... baumer does the green font and i wont intrude on his territory.

cmon guys vote...

HAHAHA!

maybe you should think about switching to tile.

(The Nomination: Are you friggn' kiddin me? GreenMachine nails two POTW nominations in one thread. Now that's impressive. - PatsFanTX)

(Editor's Note: TX's nomination says it all. Goodness gracious. Thanks for being a good sport, gg - "no sand" ha!)

-----

(Topic: I had sex with a 41 year old woman last night)

Between flunking out of your first semester of college, drinking in bars with a fake ID, and screwing around with old barflies, I'd say you have a bright future ahead of you.

Hurry up and smash up dad's car. You definitely want to put that on your resume, as well.

(Editor's Note: Just take those old records off the shelf....)

-----

Originally Posted by madmike1

only a complete dullard would whine about the yankee payroll after the baseball wide spending spree that went on this year. and even more moronic is a met fan whos team is about to spend 100+ million on a number 3 starter. the yankees arn't the ones giving out these absurd contracts.

Originally Posted by toon88

you're right, they have a 40 man roster of $225 million worth of non-absurd contracts.

(Editor's Note: Hater. Yanks in 2007!)

-----

Originally Posted by rbljet

I'm sure that 41 year old could teach 124 alot more than the blow up doll under his bed

(Editor's Note: She's probably a pro, so you're probably correct. Hey EJ, you itching and burning down there yet?)

------

(Topic: Ugh Bills win(making tommorow must win))

Originally Posted by EvanstonJet

Losman looks really good..

That and the Tennesse special teams is putrid..

They might cost us the playoffs..

i think losing your virginity the other night to the hot 41 year old is making you loopy.

(Editor's Note: OY! Women will do that to you, gg! Too funny!)

-----

(Topic: It's A Wonderful Life - BY GOB, lol)

Originally Posted by G.O.B.

This year has seen my marriage end, my closest grandfather die, & $8800 spent on a sinking house foundation which oh by the way caused me to have to tear down 2 of my 3 walls in what was my finished basement. My ex crashed my Jeep into a concrete f-ing dividing wall costing me $500 for the deductible, and a week later, a F-ING ROCK falls off an overpass and strikes my RENTAL car requiring YES, another $500 deductible. Because that wasn't enough the crash probably cost me $1500 in trade in value when I got my mustang and to make sure that wasn't outdone, some a$$hole sideswipes a consruction barrell in front of me, giving me no choice but to strike it at 80 mph head on causing yes, another $500 deductible on my Mustang which was 3000 miles old at the time. Now my hot water heater is about to die any day & today no less someone close to me decides to spring some bad news on me.

I tink it's safe to say that Christmas, the Christmas season and the year of 2006 can kiss my white ass.

GOB, take solace in the fact that whenever you hear a bell ring, an angel is getting his wings!

(Editor's Note: JetMo made a funny!)

-----

Originally Posted by Mavrik

They just showed footage of a visibly upset Jason Taylor outside Dolphins Stadium:

Burning%20Monk.jpg

(Editor's Note: That's OUTSTANDING, Mav - just outstanding.)

-----

Originally Posted by JETSFAN5180

These 2 guys are LOSERS.Id like to meet them both in dark alley.

Originally Posted by blackout806

lol no offense pal but i highly doubt you'd do anything other than ask for an autograph

(Editor's Note: Bingo, we've got bingo!)

-----

Originally Posted by SouthernJet

turded (t

good work beans-I'm surprised you had no mention of Rocky in your thread title though-A Rocky week for POTW or something like that...I was gonna PM you but forgot to suggest it...

I was actually going to do that, SoFla, but all of the Rocky threads ruined that idea for me. Thanks, as always, for your great nominations!

good work beans-I'm surprised you had no mention of Rocky in your thread title though-A Rocky week for POTW or something like that...I was gonna PM you but forgot to suggest it...

Everyone's a critic. ;)

:rl:

Good job Beans and congrats Bugg.

I am hopefully looking forward to next week's "It's A Wild, Wild, Wild, Wildcard World POTW Thread"!

:P

Bugg's post is thoughtful and dead-on, but not very entertaining. I don't see how this didn't win:

Between flunking out of your first semester of college, drinking in bars with a fake ID, and screwing around with old barflies, I'd say you have a bright future ahead of you.

Hurry up and smash up dad's car. You definitely want to put that on your resume, as well.

On the other hand, Beans, THANK YOU for giving no consideration to any of the Rocky crap.

Bugg's post is thoughtful and dead-on, but not very entertaining. I don't see how this didn't win:

On the other hand, Beans, THANK YOU for giving no consideration to any of the Rocky crap.

JetMo was on fire last week, wasn't he? But I went with the RahRah! for this week mostly because this week is HUGE!

And it was NO PROBLEM avoiding the Rocky stuff - trust me. ;)

I'd vote for JetMo too. But thanks. Has he cracked up his dad's car yet?

Archived