My new story on the front page

Preston Howley III

I just want to give a hat tip to docdhc and sperm edwards who's posts literally contributed to this story. It's sloppy, but it was turning into guns and roses chinese democracy with each revision and edit, so Max decided to roll with it.

I basically wanted to express to the media to STFU. If they want to continue to fabricate fairytales, I'm going to keep responding.

Good read Moses. Though I haven't heard any second guessers on the Herm to Mangini swap and what it actually meant for the Jets, I think with a little proofreading you could write some serious paper worthy Jet articles! :P

Thanks.

During the Miami/Jets game on Xmas, I heard somewhere during all the noise one of those idiots on ESPN say that Mangini was having a good year because he "has a healthy Chad" and I also heard Herm's name mentioned and it was implied that he could have done the same thing.

I've heard this said on ESPN and WFAN radio; and I've seen it in print papers.

There clearly is an agenda by members of the media to continue to protect Herms legacy. Why, I don't know. If they want to continue to do that, I will continue to correct the fallacy.

The NY Jets got progressively worse under Herm and Bradway. In 2006, the trend would have continued. No way do those two buffoons get this team to 10-6. All you have to do is look at who the key contributors were this year-

None of them would have been drafted (leon Washington, Mangold) or seen the light of day (BT and Cotch). Pennington would have been destroyed by Herms predictable play calling.

I will not tolerate Mangini and his staff being diminished in any way. It's unfair, and it's an outrage.

IF I can give it to an article...

POTW NOM

great read Jetmo

This team at best would have been 8-8 with Herm at the helm, thats a longshot. What Mangini has done is hard to believe but you are starting to see the same thing that happened up in NE.... we have a starting CB named "Hank Poteat"... and he is playing well... Herm would have never had the balls to start someone like him, he would have started someone with a bigger name just becuase.

With EM at the helm, for the first time as being a JET fan... I am comfortable when we have a sub package in on the D-line... Im not thinking... oh crap our starters arent in the game... its awesome knwoing Mangini only keeps players around that can actually play!

Herm was always "known" for being a great motivator (lighting fires under behinds) and for low penalty totals...

Mangini has kept penalties down

Mangini knows how to motivate EVEN BETTER, Mangini is better than Herm in every sense....

A good example... This week when Barton made that late hit... he came off the field for some plays and Mangini talked to him... nothign over dramatic, just a man to man talk. Barton came back out and had a HUGE game.

If Mangini keeps up this same passion to coach, we will be happy fans for a long time.

I will not tolerate Mangini and his staff being diminished in any way. It's unfair, and it's an outrage.

Preach on, Brother JetMo!

4 games into this season, the media were all saying how Mangini needs to switch his defensive scheme, he doesn't have the right players, he doesn't know what he is doing.

Did that do that with Herm? No, all we got were excuses "He needs his players" "they need time to gel" for 3 years. 3 YEARS. Not once did they tell him his cover who was a mistake (which it was).

4 games into this season, the media were all saying how Mangini needs to switch his defensive scheme, he doesn't have the right players, he doesn't know what he is doing.

Did that do that with Herm? No, all we got were excuses "He needs his players" "they need time to gel" for 3 years. 3 YEARS. Not once did they tell him his cover who was a mistake (which it was).

POTW

your racking them up now Jetmo.... lol

Putting it plain and simple like that really shows how far up Herms *** the media was.... its really sad... you had all of these "experts" trash talking Mangini and Sutton about the defense... and in turn all of the fans that read it were turning around saying "trade vilma" "we cant run the 3-4" yada yada yada... the media was trying to brainwash fans into hating Mangini.... it really is sad

Thanks for the mention, I am glad I could contribute.

Doc, Thanks! I hope you don't mind.

Do you want Max to put your username in there, too?

Actually I didn't mean to use so much of your post, I cut and pasted it with the intention of editing it down (not just your stuff, by mine and Sperm's as well), but it was turning into a big production and Max just went ahead and rolled with it. It will only be up for a day or two.

If you notice the story I posted on the MB last night, you will see traces of your stuff in there, but it wasn't as blatant.

:lol:

I just felt what you wrote about Chad and the job Mangini have done this year was perfect, and I couldn't say it any better by revising it.

Doc, Thanks! I hope you don't mind.

Do you want Max to put your username in there, too?

Actually I didn't mean to use so much of your post, I cut and pasted it with the intention of editing it down (not just your stuff, by mine and Sperm's as well), but it was turning into a big production and Max just went ahead and rolled with it. It will only be up for a day or two.

If you notice the story I posted on the MB last night, you will see traces of your stuff in there, but it wasn't as blatant.

:lol:

I just felt what you wrote about Chad and the job Mangini have done this year was perfect, and I couldn't say it any better by revising it.

You are bitter and a thief. Nice combo. :)

Archived