Yanks sign Cairo

Bob

WRONG. TRY AGAIN. Every player in the minors is NOT a prospect. In fact most of the players in the minors are nothing but career minor league roster filler that have no chance of making the big leagues.

Wow...you almost said something correct there Mike. Almost. Keep it up. Every player is a prospect but to varying degrees. If every player wasn't a prospect you wouldn't have teams spending all the money they spend at each level of minor league baseball. They would get rid of some levels and focus only on the prospects. Baseball is not as stupid as some of it's fans Mike.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You're right...I've grown quite tired of beating you down with the major league stuff which you know little enough about.
If your idea of beating me down is ignoring reality and living in your own world were 600OPS players are good then fine. In reality you just look more like a know nothing with each post.

Keep coming out with stupidity like "every minor leaguer is a prospct" LMAO or "nunez is the 6th best prospect in the yankee system" LMAO wow you really are a complete and utter retard aren't you?

How do you find the time to do it Mike? MLB GM. Minor league baseball know it all...and champion of the Ultimate Internet Tough Guy Fighting Championship. You are truly one rugged bastard to be feared and respected by all. Grrr

Wow...you almost said something correct there Mike. Almost. Keep it up. Every player is a prospect but to varying degrees. If every player wasn't a prospect you wouldn't have teams spending all the money they spend at each level of minor league baseball. They would get rid of some levels and focus only on the prospects. Baseball is not as stupid as some of it's fans Mike.

WRONG ONCE AGAIN. There has to be a place for the prospects to play thats why they spend the money and minor league ball is a big part of many communities around the country. The idea of a minor league system is to sort the prospect from the minor league roster filler and you obviously have no idea how that system works or you wouldn't be making the stupid statements you are.

How do you find the time to do it Mike? MLB GM. Minor league baseball know it all...and champion of the Ultimate Internet Tough Guy Fighting Championship. You are truly one rugged bastard to be feared and respected by all. Grrr
I have the facts on my side no matter how cute you try to be.

WRONG ONCE AGAIN. There has to be a place for the prospects to play thats why they spend the money and minor league ball is a big part of many communities around the country. The idea of a minor league system is to sort the prospect from the minor league roster filler and you obviously have no idea how that system works or you wouldn't be making the stupid statements you are.

You're right Mike. It's just that me and almost every fan on this forum views you as a complete joke because we all know so little, and at the ripe age of 13 years old you know so much. Fear not Mike. I will not get out of line again as you have proven youself as the toughest of internet tough guys. There's ball breaking on an internet message board, and then there is the childish tough guy act which is only used by hard ass gangstas like yourself.

You're right Mike. It's just that me and almost every fan on this forum views you as a complete joke because we all know so little, and at the ripe age of 13 years old you know so much. Fear not Mike. I will not get out of line again as you have proven youself as the toughest of internet tough guys. There's ball breaking on an internet message board, and then there is the childish tough guy act which is only used by hard ass gangstas like yourself.
You're the joke buddy because you talk about things you have no idea about. I'll teach you something. The yankees best infield prospect is a guy named Reggie Corona who going to be in Tampa next year. See? Now you know something you didn't know 10 mins ago.

I have the facts on my side no matter how cute you try to be.

This is what you don't get boy genius. In any debate you've ever had on this board, you get absolutely taken to the cleaners by Mets fasn, yankee fans, Sox fans...everybody. You just continue to stand in the dark with blinders on repeating over and over "Randy Johnson is good, Mike Gonzalez is bad, Ron Villone is a stud, the Yankees need 15 home run hitters, stolen bases are useless, if I dont like you your stats don't cound, if I have a man crush on you everything you do is perfect" Wake up kid. I mean sir.

You're the joke buddy. I'll teach you something. The yankees best infield prospect is a guy named Reggie Corona who going to be in Tampa next year. See? Now you know something you didn't know 10 mins ago.

I'm familiar with Corona but I don't expect much from a prospect who is going to be getting his feet wet in A ball. If a guy hasn't played some AA or AAA there's nothing to go off of. I'd try to teach you something but you've proven that to be an impossible task. Sir.

This is what you don't get boy genius. In any debate you've ever had on this board, you get absolutely taken to the cleaners by Mets fasn, yankee fans, Sox fans...everybody. You just continue to stand in the dark with blinders on repeating over and over "Randy Johnson is good, Mike Gonzalez is bad, Ron Villone is a stud, the Yankees need 15 home run hitters, stolen bases are useless, if I dont like you your stats don't cound, if I have a man crush on you everything you do is perfect" Wake up kid. I mean sir.
Yawn. Why don't you read my previous posts and learn something about baseball? I know old people are set in their ways but your level of denial is laughable.

I'm familiar with Corona but I don't expect much from a prospect who is going to be getting his feet wet in A ball. If a guy hasn't played some AA or AAA there's nothing to go off of. I'd try to teach you something but you've proven that to be an impossible task. Sir.
So you expect nothing from Corona but Eduardo Nunez is the 6th best prospect in the Yankee system? How STUPID are you?

Yawn. Why don't you read my previous posts and learn something about baseball? I know old people are set in their ways but your level of denial is laughable.

Okay, so your denying of the fact that Randy Johnson sucked last season isn't funny? Dude, that's right up there with the old "Brandon Lyon would be taken over Mariano Rivera by 80% of MLB GMs" :rl: :rl:

So you expect nothing from Corona but Eduardo Nunez is the 6th best prospect in the Yankee system? How STUPID are you?

Tell me something...is it hard to type with boxing gloves on tough guy?

Okay, so your denying of the fact that Randy Johnson sucked last season isn't funny? Dude, that's right up there with the old "Brandon Lyon would be taken over Mariano Rivera by 80% of MLB GMs" :rl: :rl:

see stupid people like you look at the 5 ERA and the post season start and call for the guys head. in fact most baseball fans are just like you but people who want to understand WHY he had a 5 ERA at a deeper level other then just saying he sucks have realized that he wasn't as bad as that number would suggest.

Tell me something...is it hard to type with boxing gloves on tough guy?
Answer my question. Explain to me how you expect nothing out of Corona but Nunez is the 6th best prospect in the yankee system. Or did you just have no idea you were looking at an outdated list because you have no idea what you're talking about?

Let me break you down like my little bitch once more.

Show me where I said Nunez was the 6th best prospect in the Yankee system. I said he was aprospect. If he was good enough to be #6 last season..he warrants the tltle "prospect" again this season. Like him or not.

No, I don't expect anything at all from Corona this season. Not a damn thing. I expect him to play in the minors and get better. That's it. He will do nothing to contribute to another WS ring this year. Please give me your projected stats for Corona in the majors this season and come years end, we'll see which one of us was on the money, and which one of us was a dillusional internet tough guy.

see stupid people like you look at the 5 ERA and the post season start and call for the guys head. in fact most baseball fans are just like you but people who want to understand WHY he had a 5 ERA at a deeper level other then just saying he sucks have realized that he wasn't as bad as that number would suggest.

Okay Mike, list for me the five starting pitchers with a 5.00 ERA that you would assemble to win you a world championship...readyyyy go.

Let me break you down like my little bitch once more.

Show me where I said Nunez was the 6th best prospect in the Yankee system.

No, I don't expect anything at all from Corona this season. Not a damn thing. I expect him to play in the minors and get better. That's it. He will do nothing to contribute to another WS ring this year. Please give me your projected stats for Corona in the majors this season and come years end, we'll see which one of us was on the money, and which one of us was a dillusional internet tough guy.

NEITHER OF THEM WILL MAKE THE MAJORS THIS YAER. That was my entire point you ass. They have ZERO MIDDLE INFIELD PROSPECTS who are ready to play in the majors. Thats what i said to barton and you responded with some stupidity that started this again.

Just admit that you had no idea you were looking at a year old list and that you have no idea what you're talking about.

This statement shows that you have no idea how to evaluate stats.

No, it shows that owned you once again. You want to keep a garbage pitcher with a 5.00 ERA coming off of back surgery on the roster:rl:

Keep the personal attacks coming tough guy...I think some of the ladies are eyeing your internet muscles from over in the football forum. So rugged

No, it shows that owned you once again. You want to keep a garbage pitcher with a 5.00 ERA coming off of back surgery on the roster:rl:

Keep the personal attacks coming tough guy...I think some of the ladies are eyeing your internet muscles from over in the football forum. So rugged

LOL @ you giving me crap for personal attacks. Look at some of your posts in this thread. You're the one who started this (again) because you were so happy that you found an outdated article that you thought made me look bad LOL.

On the Johnson issue i'll just post this again.

http://www.baseballprospectus.com/unfiltered/?p=119&PHPSESSID=76b6d18ba1d2f38d25c5431dbbbd233b

ummm..no, you said they have ZERO MI prospects. You said nothing about "ready to contribute this year" I know it's difficult to listen to or read what you say but if you're going to debate somebody give it your best shot. Thats classic..even you can't stand to read what you're typing:rl: :rl:

If you had said they have no prospects ready to contribut this year, it may have been the first time you've ever made a correct statement on this board. hahaha..kid can't read his own stuff.

ummm..no, you said they have ZERO MI prospects. You said nothing about "ready to contribute this year" I know it's difficult to listen to or read what you say but if you're going to debate somebody give it your best shot. Thats classic..even you can't stand to read what you're typing:rl: :rl:

If you had said they have no prospects ready to contribut this year, it may have been the first time you've ever made a correct statement on this board. hahaha..kid can't read his own stuff.

just stop it. you have no idea what you're talking about when it comes to prospects.

I was telling barton that no prospects were coming to save the day from awful cairo.

LOL @ you giving me crap for personal attacks. Look at some of your posts in this thread. You're the one who started this (again) because you were so happy that you found an outdated article that you thought made me look bad LOL.

On the Johnson issue i'll just post this again.

http://www.baseballprospectus.com/unfiltered/?p=119&PHPSESSID=76b6d18ba1d2f38d25c5431dbbbd233b

As I said earlier in this forum (you don't read your stuff or the person youre talking to. Now your comments are starting to make sense) there's ball busting, and then there's trying to be a tough guy. I was breaking your balls because you're a little bit out there. You can't stick to a topic. When things don't go your way you change your argument...and now it turns out you don't even read what you say when you say it.

just stop it. you have no idea what you're talking about when it comes to prospects.

I was telling barton that no prospects were coming to save the day from awful cairo.

BWAHAHAH...Imagine my surprise to see MadMike changing his tune. No no no..I said this but I meant that...unreal dude. I think I've gotten you to do that in every single debate we've had. This might be the longest it's ever taken but it never fails. Make a riddiculos statement. Get called out. Change said statement or argue that it "wasn't what I meant" HILARIOUS!!

How funny is it that WHILE I was typing a post pointing out how you always change the angle/spin you're taking on a debate, you were spinning. That's great.

As I said earlier in this forum (you don't read your stuff or the person youre talking to. Now your comments are starting to make sense) there's ball busting, and then there's trying to be a tough guy. I was breaking your balls because you're a little bit out there. You can't stick to a topic. When things don't go your way you change your argument...and now it turns out you don't even read what you say when you say it.
You're not my friend that you're gonna "bust my balls" i view what you've been saying as clear personal attacks. that doesn't mean i'm whining to anyone about it. but you accuse me of something you do consistently.

BWAHAHAH...Imagine my surprise to see MadMike changing his tune. No no no..I said this but I meant that...unreal dude. I think I've gotten you to do that in every single debate we've had. This might be the longest it's ever taken but it never fails. Make a riddiculos statement. Get called out. Change said statement or argue that it "wasn't what I meant" HILARIOUS!!
I'm not changing anything. The yankees don't have any good infield prospects. Corona is marginal at best and nunez is worse then him. Barton said that he hoped that a minor leaguer would come up and save the day. I was telling him that that isn't happening this year. Everything else is YOU changing the subject not me.

I'm not changing anything. The yankees don't have any good infield prospects. Corona is marginal at best and nunez is worse then him. Barton said that he hoped that a minor leaguer would come up and save the day. I was telling him that that isn't happening this year. Everything else is YOU changing the subject not me.

Your statement was "they have ZERO middle infield prospects"

My response (knowing I've read about MI prospects in the Yankees system) was to find any info from a reputable source showing any Yankee MI prospects. I never said where any player ranked. I simply showed you a list from baseball america that was within this calendar year showing the Yankees as having a prospect that THEY rated at #6. I also pointed out the fact that the Yankees traded for a MI rated with a very good glove who can play all infield positions and had a .290 BA last season (Mike, not everybody thinks BA is meaningless. Just because you do, does not mean we have to follow your lead. We're all entitled to our opinions and that is something that really seems to eat away at you). IMO that I am entitled to, I see that as two players worth noting when discussing Yankee MI prospects. Just beause you don't like them means nothing to me Mike. Nothing. I read scouting reports and look at on field performance. I've followed this game long enough to know that you don't give up on a 20 year old prospect because he had a bad season in the minors. That would be silly.

So what this boils down to is that you made a statement that was untrue in my opinion, as well as the opinion of baseball americal. Just because a 20 year old kid who was a top 10 organizational prospect last year had a bad season, does not mean he's no longer a prospect. Just because you hate batting average, does not mean that a kid with a great glove and .290 average is not a prospect. Again, I have absolutely no idea why you have such a difficult time repsecting the opinions of others but hopefully it's something you'll grow out of, and you'll learn to have an adult discussion without resorting to message board tough guy tactics. This forum really is a better place when we act like adults. Even if you're not. Even if you're just a teenager that doesn't mean that you can't watch others discuss topics and learn from them. A good example would be mbn and SD. If you ever see the two of them debating, take a peek. They do it the way it should be done. Facts and respect without somebody flying off the handle because they can't take a little ballbreaking.

Again, I have absolutely no idea why you have such a difficult time repsecting the opinions of others but hopefully it's something you'll grow out of, and you'll learn to have an adult discussion without resorting to message board tough guy tactics. This forum really is a better place when we act like adults. Even if you're not. Even if you're just a teenager that doesn't mean that you can't watch others discuss topics and learn from them. A good example would be mbn and SD. If you ever see the two of them debating, take a peek. They do it the way it should be done. Facts and respect without somebody flying off the handle because they can't take a little ballbreaking.

thanks for the kind words. I actually enjoy getting into a little give and take with someone when discussing facts. Opinions are just that. Opinions. But when you present facts, and teh debate is over those issues, it sure is fun.

BTW - my personal opinion is that E. Nunez is still a prospect. He had a superb season in 2005 in SS ball in the NY Penn League with the Staten Island Yankees. He struggled greatly in 2006; the stats do not lie. And he still commits a bunch of errors.

But there is no denying his talent. He is up there with his "projectability", as BA likes to say. He needs to put it together. 2007 looms as a major test for Nunez.

Reegie Corona had a wonderful season in 2006. He basically came out of nowhere. He always has speed and a solid glove. He added some decent batting credentials to his resume in 2006. I am not sure where he will start in 2007. But he was among the Low A ball leaders in avg. for most of 2006.

There is also Wilmer Pino, who hit .326 for SI last year in short season ball. His glove looks excellent, from the few games I saw last year. He should be in Charleston in 2007. He also had 18 SBs, showing off the speed that was obvious to all.

Ramario Pena needs to hit better, but his speed and glove are already there. He is another young kid who will be in A ball in 2007, and all eyes will be on him.

There are a few recent signings who played in teh Dominican League last year. They bear watching, whenever they come to the States. You heard these names here first:

Jose Pirela (SS) Jimmy Paredes (SS) and Prilys Cuello (2B) These 3 are all kids, teenagers, and have yet to arrive in the USA. But they are major middle infield prospects, and it will be exciting to see them when they finally get here, after they mature a bit.

Finally, do not forget Gonzalez, who was acquired in teh Randy trade. His glove is ready right now, and his bat is a weakness, but has shown improvement.

thanks for the kind words. I actually enjoy getting into a little give and take with someone when discussing facts. Opinions are just that. Opinions. But when you present facts, and teh debate is over those issues, it sure is fun.

BTW - my personal opinion is that E. Nunez is still a prospect. He had a superb season in 2005 in SS ball in the NY Penn League with the Staten Island Yankees. He struggled greatly in 2006; the stats do not lie. And he still commits a bunch of errors.

But there is no denying his talent. He is up there with his "projectability", as BA likes to say. He needs to put it together. 2007 looms as a major test for Nunez.

Reegie Corona had a wonderful season in 2006. He basically came out of nowhere. He always has speed and a solid glove. He added some decent batting credentials to his resume in 2006. I am not sure where he will start in 2007. But he was among the Low A ball leaders in avg. for most of 2006.

There is also Wilmer Pino, who hit .326 for SI last year in short season ball. His glove looks excellent, from the few games I saw last year. He should be in Charleston in 2007. He also had 18 SBs, showing off the speed that was obvious to all.

Ramario Pena needs to hit better, but his speed and glove are already there. He is another young kid who will be in A ball in 2007, and all eyes will be on him.

There are a few recent signings who played in teh Dominican League last year. They bear watching, whenever they come to the States. You heard these names here first:

Jose Pirela (SS) Jimmy Paredes (SS) and Prilys Cuello (2B) These 3 are all kids, teenagers, and have yet to arrive in the USA. But they are major middle infield prospects, and it will be exciting to see them when they finally get here, after they mature a bit.

Finally, do not forget Gonzalez, who was acquired in teh Randy trade. His glove is ready right now, and his bat is a weakness, but has shown improvement.

I'm not saying that those guys are useless like cairo but none of them are top 20 prospect material right now and the only one who could get to that level any time soon is Corona. I highly doubt that Nunez will recover from a mid 500's OPS. Thats just brutal. Again my point was that they won't have a melky like minor leaguer to bring up in the very likely case that they want to dump cairo.

I'm not saying that those guys are useless like cairo but none of them are top 20 prospect material right now and the only one who could get to that level any time soon is Corona. I highly doubt that Nunez will recover from a mid 500's OPS. Thats just brutal. Again my point was that they won't have a melky like minor leaguer to bring up in the very likely case that they want to dump cairo.

If you want a replacement now, the guy from the system is Gonzalez. His glove alone makes him adequate for a backup middle inf.

If you want a replacement now, the guy from the system is Gonzalez. His glove alone makes him adequate for a backup middle inf.

Gonzalez would've been a better option then Cairo. That doesn't make him a good backup in the case of an injury to an Arod Cano or Jeter.

No sweat mbn...you're an objective and educated fan and you know how to debate without resorting to childlike behavior. There are a few posters who could learn a thing or two from yourself and SD.

As far as the prospects go, I agree completely. Nobody with a half a brain gives up on a prospect after one down season, and the kid Gonzalez may be a good one as well. The point I was making was that the Yankee farm system is not one that has zero MI prospects. I know enough about the Yankees to be up to date on what positions are well stocked and which aren't. While they don't boast a ton of talent in the MI...they do have enough to be considered talented prospects.

Archived