The Life Thread

SouthernJet

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply
whats cool got to do with it..

i used to say ..no work then no car, no extras, no this, no that..

they push back cause they know parents nowdays are weakwilled

Kids rule the roost nowadays...

heh i worked at a posh tennis club for 7 yrs from HS to college.

Kids were not made fun of if they worked at Mcd's

My wife worked at Burger King and had to wear the funny hat.

:rl:

funny, my brother is a bentley grad..class of 1969..

plsu thye abercrombie thing,,JGBs little broether worked ther ewhile in college or hig hschool i think for ayear..he said the ymade u wear thoer clothing line,,so u get discount but u have to pay for clotes to work in ,,he bought one of thier blue dress shirts and 1 white one, and 2 khakis and never bought anythin glese,,they got pissed and basiclaly told him to leave cause he wasnt buyin enuf clothes

So, that makes about 100 living people who were old enough to not only have seen, but appreciate the Jets lone SB victory!

Ever see the Abrocombie print adds platered all over the store fronts? Gay erotica if you ask me.

Kids rule the roost nowadays...

heh i worked at a posh tennis club for 7 yrs from HS to college.

Kids were not made fun of if they worked at Mcd's

My wife worked at Burger King and had to wear the funny hat.

only in the houses where parents let them..

kids wil lget away with as much as u let them..

one or two times with no car for the date, or not being allowed out for a week por two, or no phone for a week will learn em quick,,problem is todays parenst dont want to hear them squabble,,i used to jsut laugh at them when they complained and say 'thats one more day with no car' :rl:

belive me, they comply, not happy, but they comply..and in all 3 cases, mine have thanke dme later for not spoiling them,,most of thir spoiled friend slater in life have had issues as they arent willing to put in the hard work it takes to advanc dein a career (do the crap jobs at company, work nites/weekends etc)

only in the houses where parents let them..

kids wil lget away with as much as u let them..

one or two times with no car for the date, or not being allowed out for a week por two, or no phone for a week will learn em quick,,problem is todays parenst dont want to hear them squabble,,i used to jsut laugh at them when they complained and say 'thats one more day with no car' :rl:

belive me, they comply, not happy, but they comply..and in all 3 cases, mine have thanke dme later for not spoiling them,,most of thir spoiled friend slater in life have had issues as they arent willing to put in the hard work it takes to advanc dein a career (do the crap jobs at company, work nites/weekends etc)

Would like to hear JGB's side of story......:D

It is totally not that easy...

Would like to hear JGB's side of story......:D

It is totally not that easy...

yes it is totally that easy,,he will back me up..

yo ujust have to put up with the bellyachin,,they aint gonna take laying down..

biut it is a easy plan,,just not easy to stick with,,and both parents have to be on same page..

but they will thank you in long run,,he has

yes it is totally that easy,,he will back me up..

yo ujust have to put up with the bellyachin,,they aint gonna take laying down..

biut it is a easy plan,,just not easy to stick with,,and both parents have to be on same page..

but they will thank you in long run,,he has

LOL

Oh, mexico

It sounds so simple I just got to go

The suns so hot I forgot to go home

Guess Ill have to go now

Girls are much harder than boys....not even close

i had both..

they are ALL a pain,

just diff issues..

bottom line, u have to stand firm, be a team with spouse, and always use as punishment the thing they like the most at that time of thier life... we used to revaulate every few months 'ok, what cant they do without this month?',,haha

car, phone, weekend, sports teams,..once we didnt let our young son pet or play with his dof for amonth..cause that wa shis favorite thing in life..

to this day, he says that wa worst punishment he ever had..

u certainly cant send them to thoer room or say no dinner :rl:

it has to HURT

like they say 'sometimes the hard thing to do and the right thing to do is the same thing'

i had both..

they are ALL a pain,

just diff issues..

bottom line, u have to stand firm, be a team with spouse, and always use as punishment the thing they like the most at that time of thier life... we used to revaulate every few months 'ok, what cant they do without this month?',,haha

car, phone, weekend, sports teams,..once we didnt let our young son pet or play with his dof for amonth..cause that wa shis favorite thing in life..

it has to HURT

Girls are like jets fans,,,,they whine and whine...until my wife sez enuff you

win...harmony is more important to her

Girls are like jets fans,,,,they whine and whine...until my wife sez enuff you

win...harmony is more important to her

well thats the issue then,,you arent a team..

doomed to always let kids rule roost if parents arent on same page..

the key is 'what best for kid in long run, not whats best for your sanity and patience'

beleive me, i had upset stomachs listening to wha wha wha cuase they didnt get thoer way,,but giving in would have served no value lesson other than complaining works,,and that wont fly when they are older in workforce...

it all comes back to roost in the end

well thats the issue then,,you arent a team..

doomed to always let kids rule roost if parents arent on same page..

the key is 'what best for kid in long run, not whats best for your sanity and patience'

beleive me, i had upset stomachs listening to wha wha wha cuase they didnt get thoer way,,but giving in would have served no value lesson other than complaining works,,and that wont fly when they are older in workforce...

it all comes back to roost in the end

My next life i'm coming back as a women:D

Speaking of women, I have a girlfriend coming over to show me her engagement ring - she was engaged Valentines Day. Say's she dreads planning a wedding - would prefer to just elope. However, her husband to be is a traditional guy - and by traditional, I mean the church and reception thing. This is my friends first marriage - and everlasting one, I pray). Her fiance was married once before, but had it annulled. According to him, and the church, that marriage never happened. Quite frankly, I think that's horse sh*t, but whatever. They are both in the early forties. She says she would feel like a complete moron walking down some ailse like a blushing bride. I can't say that I blame her. Sad part is, her mom has alzheimers and she really has no clue that her daughter - whom she always wanted to see get married - is actually getting married.

Anyway, what's wrong with eloping? I think it's cool.

i had both..

they are ALL a pain,

just diff issues..

it has to HURT

like they say 'sometimes the hard thing to do and the right thing to do is the same thing'

I'm not sure that works as well these days or maybe it's just my kids. We just grounded Grant from his Wii all last week. He loves that thing more than life itself. We grounded him and he was upset. The next day he asked to play it and we reminded him that he was grounded. By the second day he had moved on to something else and by the time his grounding was up and we told him he could play his Wii he said okay and went and did something else. :lol:

Speaking of women, I have a girlfriend coming over to show me her engagement ring - she was engaged Valentines Day. Say's she dreads planning a wedding - would prefer to just elope. However, her husband to be is a traditional guy - and by traditional, I mean the church and reception thing. This is my friends first marriage - and everlasting one, I pray). Her fiance was married once before, but had it annulled. According to him, and the church, that marriage never happened. Quite frankly, I think that's horse sh*t, but whatever. They are both in the early forties. She says she would feel like a complete moron walking down some ailse like a blushing bride. I can't say that I blame her. Sad part is, her mom has alzheimers and she really has no clue that her daughter - whom she always wanted to see get married - is actually getting married.

I'm all for it...i will PM you my daughters email:D

I'm not sure that works as well these days or maybe it's just my kids. We just grounded Grant from his Wii all last week. He loves that thing more than life itself. We grounded him and he was upset. The next day he asked to play it and we reminded him that he was grounded. By the second day he had moved on to something else and by the time his grounding was up and we told him he could play his Wii he said okay and went and did something else. :lol:

your kids are young..you should have no problems

Teenagers rely on cell phones like no other..they text all day on it

it is attached at the hip

BTW i'm sure JGB won some battles..i know he is cagy and outwitted SJ

once in a while

I agree. I'm trying to feign enough interest in my wedding plans that my fiance dosen't get sour at me. But honestly, I'd love to just go to Vegas. Hell, last time I got married I did it in Vegas, in a helicopter over the strip at midnight. Didn't stick but let's roll the dice again.

I agree. I'm trying to feign enough interest in my wedding plans that my fiance dosen't get sour at me. But honestly, I'd love to just go to Vegas. Hell, last time I got married I did it in Vegas, in a helicopter over the strip at midnight. Didn't stick but let's roll the dice again.

Question?

Does she fear the cat butt?:D

No at all. She had never had pets at all before but now she loves her some cat-butt. When Goofy Maloof (avatar pic) is in bed with us and his backside is pointed at her face, I sometimes give him a very gently nudge so she gets some star trek door contact. :D

what are weddings up to now $40K?

i pray my daughter marries a rich kid who foots bill:D

We're trying like hell to stay at $10,000. We're also trying to buy a house right now, and DC is a very expensive area. But a Jew and a Hindu can save them some coin when need be. Yup, we're Hindju's

$10 grand won't even get u invitations and a rice dinner lol

Oh right. We're only considering restauraunts/banquet halls that will let us bring our own booze, and we're just gonna do beer and wine.

to be honest i have no clue how much mine cost

we had the country club, band and open bar a prime rib dinner

my folks picked up tab for bar, her folks paid the rest.. Back then costs were

reasonable..we did not do Limo and video cameras did not exist.

to be honest i have no clue how much mine cost

we had the country club, band and open bar a prime rib dinner

my folks picked up tab for bar, her folks paid the rest.. Back then costs were

reasonable..we did not do Limo and video cameras did not exist.

Nice! We're paying for the whole thing, and combined with the home buying, we're trying to be frugal brother, we're trying! But again, the most important thing is the engagement tv. :D

Well, I married a Rhode Island girl once, is that close enough? :baby:

my friend married a texan baptist

wedding is a quick ceremony followed by punch and cake in basement of church.

So he had a 2nd reception...right after boring baptist ceremony

open bar sit down dinner and open bar and Dj

boy the look on the texans faces when i lit a cigar..ohmy

oh it worked,,cause now he knows u will stand your ground and he knows when he is bad he will lsoe whatever he loves currently...u did great..as they get older they realize the importance of your standing firm,,when real young they move on, but remember mom and dad 'mean it',,,trust me...keep up good work..:D

Archived