The Life Thread

SouthernJet

Managing to drop your cell phone in the toilet (I swear, I knocked it off the sink counter and it flew in there - a bee line, I'm telling yah) - running to the Cinglar Store - only to have them tell me that I am three months away from a free upgrade and have to pay full retail price for a new cell. Note to all: buy the insurance.

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Managing to drop your cell phone in the toilet (I swear, I knocked it off the sink counter and it flew in there - a bee line, I'm telling yah) - running to the Cinglar Store - only to have them tell me that I am three months away from a free upgrade and have to pay full retail price for a new cell. Note to all: buy the insurance.

you could have sent the cellphone to the turd thread to dry off

I accidentally washed my cell phone.. I got a new (free) phone 2 months before I was eligible for the upgrade.. fancy this.. the sales rep was a HUGE dobe lover/owner and we bonded over a few stories. Sometimes it's just luck, Garb!

I accidentally washed my cell phone.. I got a new (free) phone 2 months before I was eligible for the upgrade.. fancy this.. the sales rep was a HUGE dobe lover/owner and we bonded over a few stories. Sometimes it's just luck, Garb!

uh ya, sure,, duhh,, , think maybe he was a GUY and he wanted to jump your bones

HAHAHA.. I just did that to my girlfriends phone last month. funny

• 1 month later...

Sitting in the theater with great seats, no kids near you, no hogs making noise while eating,,then just as the movie starts you see a group of trolls with several small kids coming out the tunnel looking right at the empty seats next to you,,ugh

Going through the drive-thru and requesting a "Whopper off-the-broiler with no mayo," then when you get back to the office (a cool 2 minute drive) you see that you received a cold patty with the bun lathered in mayo and no pickles.

• 4 months later...
Going through the drive-thru and requesting a "Whopper off-the-broiler with no mayo," then when you get back to the office (a cool 2 minute drive) you see that you received a cold patty with the bun lathered in mayo and no pickles.

hahaha,,

happens all the time...

they usually put katchup on mine, even though i say no...

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
Why do I always pick the wrong line at theater?? I get behind the person paying in nickels, or the group of 4 teens who instead of 1 payin for 4, the yall pay individually :confused:

Dude I am the same way. Whatever you do, NEVER follow me to a toll both because it will be guaranteed to be the slowest line.

Dude I am the same way. Whatever you do, NEVER follow me to a toll both because it will be guaranteed to be the slowest line.

that kinda of dtuff only happens to me in traffic i always go into the lane that take forever to get through a light or something...

but at fast food places i always seem to get there just before a big rush.. ill get there 1 maybe 2 people in line then wham i turn around and there is 20 people behind.. so i guess everything evens out in the long run

that kinda of dtuff only happens to me in traffic i always go into the lane that take forever to get through a light or something...

but at fast food places i always seem to get there just before a big rush.. ill get there 1 maybe 2 people in line then wham i turn around and there is 20 people behind.. so i guess everything evens out in the long run

maybe they like the look of your arse :(

Why do I always pick the wrong line at theater?? I get behind the person paying in nickels, or the group of 4 teens who instead of 1 payin for 4, they all pay individually :confused:

:rl:

ya i know,,why wouldnt one of them be smart enuf to say 'hey i will put on my card (for points) and u guys can repay me'..they were all usin cash, but i assume they had a card

People in theaters texting..that damn bright cellphone light is annoying. Cant you relax for 90 minutes withoiut texting or checking message..

I see now Theaters have changed the onscreen warning before film from 'Please turn off cell phones' to ' please turn off cell phones and refrain from texting'

here is a text story :

Student Arrested For Classroom Texting

Wisconsin girl, 14, nabbed after refusing to stop messaging

FEBRUARY 17--A 14-year-old Wisconsin girl who refused to stop texting during a high school math class was arrested and charged with disorderly conduct, according to police. The teenager was busted last Wednesday at Wauwatosa East High School after she ignored a teacher's demand that she cease texting. The girl, whose name we have redacted from the below Wauwatosa Police Department report, initially denied having a phone when confronted by a school security officer. However, the phone was located after the girl was frisked by a female cop. The Samsung Cricket, the police report noted, was recovered "from the buttocks area" of the teenager. The student was issued a criminal citation for disorderly conduct, which carried "a bail of $298," and had her phone confiscated. The girl, who was barred from school property for a week, is scheduled for an April 20 court appearance on the misdemeanor rap. (4 pages)

any parent who gets their teenager a credit card will most likely bail em out when needed.

23 & 19.neither of mine has yet to have one

bail out of bad thing is one thing,,but to see a notation for theater for 36 bucks and not question it is NUTS

bail out of bad thing is one thing,,but to see a notation for theater for 36 bucks and not question it is NUTS

By theater, I assume you mean movie theater. Have you paid full price for a movie lately? 36 bucks will get you two tickets, one medium popcorn and two small sprites.

So -

SJ the parent: little JGB, how do you spend 36 at the movie theater?

Little JGB: I had a hot date, dad.....and a cheap one to boot.

I'm curious though, how much does a half ounce go for these days?

By theater, I assume you mean movie theater. Have you paid full price for a movie lately? 36 bucks will get you two tickets, one medium popcorn and two small sprites.

So -

SJ the parent: little JGB, how do you spend 36 at the movie theater?

Little JGB: I had a hot date, dad.....and a cheap one to boot.

I'm curious though, how much does a half ounce go for these days?

well i assume maybe visa bill said 4 tickets,,thats was my point, plus the fact i would still make them repay the bill,,the get pot attement implies kid is havin parenst pay for whole enetrtainment bill..my kids worked,,did i help them, sure, but minimally,,they worked

well i assume maybe visa bill said 4 tickets,,thats was my point, plus the fact i would still make them repay the bill,,the get pot attement implies kid is havin parenst pay for whole enetrtainment bill..my kids worked,,did i help them, sure, but minimally,,they worked

Most kids did work. Now, not so much. Boggles my mind. One of my favorite places in the world is my local dunkin donuts (I'm a simple girl with an addiction- LOL) and I always come out wondering why none of the servers has English as their first language.....and there, in front of them is the tip cup, bubbling over with dollar bills and change - easily $50.00 a day (each) plus the hourly wage. If I were a college kid, I'd pick up a few weekday morning shifts - and make some easy spending money. There are three colleges within two miles of me: Brandeis U, Bentley C and Regis C. Yet, I have never seen a high school or college kid work there. I assume it's "beneath" them. Yet I see plenty of college/hs kids at Ambercrombie or Modells - it's not like these places pay sales associates big money. Is it the clothing discount? I think it's the "coolness" factor. I think it's stupid.

Most kids did work. Now, not so much. Boggles my mind. One of my favorite places in the world is my local dunkin donuts (I'm a simple girl with an addiction- LOL) and I always come out wondering why none of the servers has English as their first language.....and there, in front of them is the tip cup, bubbling over with dollar bills and change - easily $50.00 a day (each) plus the hourly wage. If I were a college kid, I'd pick up a few weekday morning shifts - and make some easy spending money. There are three colleges within two miles of me: Brandeis U, Bentley C and Regis C. Yet, I have never seen a high school or college kid work there. I assume it's "beneath" them. Yet I see plenty of college/hs kids at Ambercrombie or Modells - it's not like these places pay sales associates big money. Is it the clothing discount? I think it's the "coolness" factor. I think it's stupid.

It is no longer cool to work in fast food...

:rl:

funny, my brother is a bentley grad..class of 1969..

plsu thye abercrombie thing,,JGBs little broether worked ther ewhile in college or hig hschool i think for ayear..he said the ymade u wear thoer clothing line,,so u get discount but u have to pay for clotes to work in ,,he bought one of thier blue dress shirts and 1 white one, and 2 khakis and never bought anythin glese,,they got pissed and basiclaly told him to leave cause he wasnt buyin enuf clothes

Archived