Knicks Playoff Chances...

GLH222

Being as the Atlantic is as weak as it is, you might think the knicks have a good chance at the playoffs, I argue otherwise...here is my logic, please chime in with your thoughts on how to hopefully prove me wrong

Three conference winners are automatics:

1.toronto

2.washington

3.detroit

five slots remain:

4.Orlando is 23-21, a very solid, emrgin team- their getting in

5.Chicago is 26-19- their getting in

6.Cleveland is 25-19- their getting in

Ok, so two slots remain-

Realistically its between Indiana (23-21),Nets (21-23) and the defending champion Heat (19-25). I believe, now that their healthy the Heat will get in. I just dont see how the Knicks will be able to out muscle either the Pacers or Nets....anyone think otherwise??

Being as the Atlantic is as weak as it is, you might think the knicks have a good chance at the playoffs, I argue otherwise...here is my logic, please chime in with your thoughts on how to hopefully prove me wrong

Three conference winners are automatics:

1.toronto

2.washington

3.detroit

five slots remain:

4.Orlando is 23-21, a very solid, emrgin team- their getting in

5.Chicago is 26-19- their getting in

6.Cleveland is 25-19- their getting in

Ok, so two slots remain-

Realistically its between Indiana (23-21),Nets (21-23) and the defending champion Heat (19-25). I believe, now that their healthy the Heat will get in. I just dont see how the Knicks will be able to out muscle either the Pacers or Nets....anyone think otherwise??

There is no way the Knicks are making the playoffs. Crawford won't give the ball up if there's less than 10 seconds in the game, my mother plays better D then Curry, and your coach is a moron. Besides that my friend Toronto? You really think the Raptors are going to hold onto that divison when RJ comes back? No way will the Nets lose that division. No way.

Last week was typical Knicks madness.

Get blown out in Miami who are without Shaq and Wade.

Hang around against Phoenix but a Phoenix run puts them away

Blow out Miami at the Garden without Curry. Miami has Shaq and Wade playing

Lose yesterday to a bad Milwaukee team.

Makes you want to rip your hair out.

If you are a Knicks fan at least this year you can say that have some progress- being competitive in games even if they lose them and Curry has transformed himself to a player.

Curry is not worth what the Knicks gave to the Bulls for him.

What did the bulls get Michael Sweetney who has done nothing and Tyrus Thomas who cant even get playing time while being drafted 4TH OVERALL are you kidding me.

2 lottery picks for Curry is a good trade for the Knicks? And you are evaluating Thomas after 1/2 a year? And what if the Bulls somehow get one of the top 2 picks this year, via the Knicks pick, and get Oden or Durant. Is it still a good trade?

Curry is a very good scoring center...that's it. He doesn't want to rebound or play "D", that is why the Bulls got rid of him in the 1st place.

Curry is not worth what the Knicks gave to the Bulls for him.

The Knicks gave the Bulls undersized scrub Mike Sweetney, an ancient Antonio Davis and a draft pick that ended up being Tyrus Thomas who looks like he is going to be just another undersized, underskilled NBA power forward.

Unless a miracle for Chicago happens and they get the #1 pick this year with the Knicks' pick it looks like the Knicks will have gotten the better end of this deal. Eddy Curry is developing into a very good player and will be one of the top Centers in the NBA for the next ten years.

As for the Knicks playoff chances they don't look very good at all. If this team had played consistently at all this year winning all the games they should have won they would have probably ended winning 45-50 games. But instead they'll win about 35 games which is still a big improvement over last year's debacle.

Archived