Yahoo Sports mock draft has us taking...

ECURB

What the hell is up with the 07 mock drafts. This one has us taking a tight end, Kiper's latest on has us taking a WR.

Imho, I think the experts realize we need to get chad some offensive weapons. We need a RB and someone else to catch passes.

all these mock drafts do is fill time....w/the exception of Kiper's mock a week before the draft, I think all they do them for is to kill time. Anyone at yahoo who think the jets will take a TE with their 1st round pick obviously doesent have a grasp of the direction managment has this team pointed as their is absolutely zero chance of it happening

No friggin WAY we take a TE in the 1st round when we have much more pressing needs to fill on all 3 lines of defense as well as OL (again) and RB-I see TE as around our 7th need behind DL, LBer, CB or safety a guard a Tackle a tailback

all these mock drafts do is fill time....w/the exception of Kiper's mock a week before the draft, I think all they do them for is to kill time. Anyone at yahoo who think the jets will take a TE with their 1st round pick obviously doesent have a grasp of the direction managment has this team pointed as their is absolutely zero chance of it happening

I'm not defending the pick of a TE, but...The pats played quite a bit of two TE sets this year, so they could go big and run, or spreadthem out as 4 wide receivers. The Colts did it a lot too.

I don't see Mangini really doing that, but if he did go with a TE, i guess that would be the thought.

Either way, it won't happen...but if there was rationale...i guess that could be it.

i'm still praying for a RT first rounder.

Ofcourse we'll take him. Not only is he a 2-threat TE, he can play both ways and sure up our line, while also dropping back as our #1 CB if needed. And lets not forget he can jump into the backfield and run the ball 20 times a game, plus he's going to be given the kickoff duties....definately a great pick

Archived