My 2007 Rx

MSGold12

After cutting some ver priced dead wood (Barlow, Barrett, Ramsey, Askew), and try and trade JMac for a 4th or 5th, here is my plan....

1. Send the #25 to SD for Turner. Yes, I'd rather send the #37. Yes, hes not 100% proven as a full time back. But I look at the mocks and I dont see anyone there at 25 that can have the impact this guy can. Hes 235, runs under a 4.5 and is a perfect compliment to Leon. he could give us 1200 yards on on 250-260 carries and leave plenty of touches for Leon. We are closer then we thought we were so adding the RB is not an issue to me.

2. Break the bank for Clements. I dont normally advocate this but I HATE drafting CBs since they are so unpredicatable. PLus, we have cap space to do this. Adding a shut down CB opopsite Dyson will significantly improve our secondary and fill a need. In the alternative, sign a second tier CB like Harper. But IMO, we fill this CB hole via FA...not the draft.

3. Sign Dan Graham. I have been advocating this for months and if hes not frachised, I am all over him. He has separation speed and can block and would be a terrific complament to Baker...as well as a welcome additon for Chad.

4. Sign one very large OLman- Dockery, Guroude, Coleman, maybe veen Colombo from Dallas. Just give me a 320+ monster I can use on the right side. I'd love to steal Dockery away from "Mr. Snyder".

5. Draft Anthnony Spencer at #37, Antonio Johnson at #59- Spencer gives us a big, speedy rush OLB and possibly moves Hobson inside. Johnson has size and speed and platoons with VonO at RDE. If Johnson is not availabale I move DRob to DE, go with the 3 headed NT, and take anohter right side OLman (Blaylock, Grubbs?).

6. Use the rest of the draft to grab a speed WR, DL/OL depth, and maybe a blocking FB.

7. Introduce DBrick to milk shakes and the weight room.

2007 Partial Roster

QB- Chad, Clemens

HB- Turner, Washington, Houston

FB- Hodgins, Tutt

WR- Coles, Cotch, Smith, draft pick

TE- Graham, Baker, Pocsaik, Dearth (LS)

C- Mangold, Teague (who can backup at OT)

G- Kendall, Dockery, Moore

T- Brick, Clement, AJ/Goddard/Blanton?, Draft pick?

DE- Ellis, Johnson, VonO, Hamilton

NT- DRob (DE?), Moore, Pouha, Mosley (DE?)

OLB- BT, Spencer, Chatham

ILB- Vilma, Hobson (OLB?), Barton, Kassel, Schelegel

CB- Clements, Dyson, Miller, POteat

S- Rhodes, Smith, Washington, Coleman

This team should be significantly improved in the running game, pass rush, and pass coverage. Run D still a bit suspect but if JOhnson can be an upgrade that should improve too.

OK...blast away....

I just cannot do the trade for M Turner which will include the 1st round pick. I would be willing to give up a 2nd at most which will not be accepted by SD. I would rather go for a Thomas Jones or a veteran runner that would only require giving up the late 2nd round or a 3rd pick. In addition I like the idea of beefing up the O Line but I think the defensive tackle position needs to be addressed. If the Jets cannot stop the run they are not going to win regardless of who is in the secondary.

I just cannot do the trade for M Turner which will include the 1st round pick. I would be willing to give up a 2nd at most which will not be accepted by SD. I would rather go for a Thomas Jones or a veteran runner that would only require giving up the late 2nd round or a 3rd pick. In addition I like the idea of beefing up the O Line but I think the defensive tackle position needs to be addressed. If the Jets cannot stop the run they are not going to win regardless of who is in the secondary.

The question I keep asking myself is this...in this darft, is there a player at 25 who will have more impact then Mike Turner could. And my answer keeps coming up no. For the positions we need, 25 is sort of no mans land. No stud DEs, RBs or NTs are going to be there for us at 25. So fill the need wiht a guy who has the optential to be just as good if not better then anyone we;d get at 25.

As to DT, if you feel we have to upgrade DT (or NT) then what do we do with DRob? My feleing is move DRob to DE and play the Pouha/Moore/Mosely trio at NT (thats nearly 1000 pounds between those 3) OR keep DRo at NT (spelling him and/or moving him to DT when we run 4-3 sets) and try and improve the DE spot (ths drafting Johnson). Adding JOhnson and Spencer to the front 7 could really improve us especially if we couold move Hobson inside where IMO he belongs. Toss Nate Clements into the equation and suddenyl your D look a whole lot better.

I would like to see D Rob moved to end but that would leave a huge hole and guys like Pouha and Mosley are 2-3rd stringers at best. I am not opposed to Turner but based on trades in the past he is a true game breaker? He is a Moss, Owens, Javon Walker, J Abe etc? he has proven very little to give up a 1st round pick and a decent sized contract. My point is that the Jets pressing needs are stopping the run and opening holes to run the ball.

there are so many great rb'sdeep in every draft, this one is no exception, we need to solidify our D Line, i dont see why we would give up our 25th pick for an unproven rb who i think is dime a dozen and excelled in that system, maybe look at hunt with the 37. Turner = Bad idea.Plus we will have to take a good cap hit with him this year since he is a RFA and then after 07/08 we would have to give him a huge deal to keep him. I think we need to move d rob to DE even though that would cause an abismol pass rush we need a stuffer, and playing mosley/pouha/moore at DT is an awful idea, they have 0 skills, we need to spend some $$$ and buy a run D.

there are so many great rb'sdeep in every draft, this one is no exception, we need to solidify our D Line, i dont see why we would give up our 25th pick for an unproven rb who i think is dime a dozen and excelled in that system, maybe look at hunt with the 37. Turner = Bad idea.Plus we will have to take a good cap hit with him this year since he is a RFA and then after 07/08 we would have to give him a huge deal to keep him. I think we need to move d rob to DE even though that would cause an abismol pass rush we need a stuffer, and playing mosley/pouha/moore at DT is an awful idea, they have 0 skills, we need to spend some $$$ and buy a run D.

I don't like Hunt C2C-he looks like Derrick Blaylock when he tippy toes up to the line and then goes down faster than a jonesing crack whore

The question I keep asking myself is this...in this darft, is there a player at 25 who will have more impact then Mike Turner could. And my answer keeps coming up no. For the positions we need, 25 is sort of no mans land. No stud DEs, RBs or NTs are going to be there for us at 25. So fill the need wiht a guy who has the optential to be just as good if not better then anyone we;d get at 25.

As to DT, if you feel we have to upgrade DT (or NT) then what do we do with DRob? My feleing is move DRob to DE and play the Pouha/Moore/Mosely trio at NT (thats nearly 1000 pounds between those 3) OR keep DRo at NT (spelling him and/or moving him to DT when we run 4-3 sets) and try and improve the DE spot (ths drafting Johnson). Adding JOhnson and Spencer to the front 7 could really improve us especially if we couold move Hobson inside where IMO he belongs. Toss Nate Clements into the equation and suddenyl your D look a whole lot better.

Its not always the big bodies in the middle that shore of the run D. Signing Clements alone will help our run D a lot more than people may expect.

1.) corners can play closer to the line (takes away intermediate runs of 7 yards down to 4 or less)

2.) Rhodes can play more in the box than downfield covering for the RCB

3.) Gives the FS more freedom to roam, rather than always having to shade to the Right.

however getting a good DT/NT would also help, the CB position will almost be as much an impact.

Any player we draft at 25 will be more unproven then Turner is. Turner is 235 and runs under 4.5 and has been domiannt in the times he has stepped in for LT. He is far from a dime a dozen and FAR better then Hunt who we'd have to use the 37 on anyway to get..

As to the Rbs in this draft, after you get past Peterson and Lynch (neither of whom will be there for us) there is very little that excites me or that is close to Turner in talent.

Your wrong about the cap issue. Turner will sign a new long term deal with us if we trade for him. That will be worked out before the trade.

As to NT, Pouha is 325, a 3rd rounder and was looking like aplayer before he got hurt. Moore played well in spurts this year and is huge. Mosely has talent and is 325. A rotation of these 3 may very well be as good or better then anything we wil draft or wll be available in FA.

You make a lot of definitve statements (ie Turner=bad idea, playing the 3 at NT is "awful" idea) yet dont seem to have too many specific other options.

Its not always the big bodies in the middle that shore of the run D. Signing Clements alone will help our run D a lot more than people may expect.

1.) corners can play closer to the line (takes away intermediate runs of 7 yards down to 4 or less)

2.) Rhodes can play more in the box than downfield covering for the RCB

3.) Gives the FS more freedom to roam, rather than always having to shade to the Right.

however getting a good DT/NT would also help, the CB position will almost be as much an impact.

excellent point md-and Clements is the better tackler of the 2 we would want Assante or Nate

we need to spend some $$$ and buy a run D.

Sounds like Daniel Snyder. Its a team game, you can't just buy players and always expect it to be an improvement. I understand that buying a talented NT is a good idea, but when you say "buy a run D"...that just doesn't happen.

After cutting some ver priced dead wood (Barlow, Barrett, Ramsey, Askew), and try and trade JMac for a 4th or 5th, here is my plan....

1. Send the #25 to SD for Turner. Yes, I'd rather send the #37. Yes, hes not 100% proven as a full time back. But I look at the mocks and I dont see anyone there at 25 that can have the impact this guy can. Hes 235, runs under a 4.5 and is a perfect compliment to Leon. he could give us 1200 yards on on 250-260 carries and leave plenty of touches for Leon. We are closer then we thought we were so adding the RB is not an issue to me.

2. Break the bank for Clements. I dont normally advocate this but I HATE drafting CBs since they are so unpredicatable. PLus, we have cap space to do this. Adding a shut down CB opopsite Dyson will significantly improve our secondary and fill a need. In the alternative, sign a second tier CB like Harper. But IMO, we fill this CB hole via FA...not the draft.

3. Sign Dan Graham. I have been advocating this for months and if hes not frachised, I am all over him. He has separation speed and can block and would be a terrific complament to Baker...as well as a welcome additon for Chad.

4. Sign one very large OLman- Dockery, Guroude, Coleman, maybe veen Colombo from Dallas. Just give me a 320+ monster I can use on the right side. I'd love to steal Dockery away from "Mr. Snyder".

5. Draft Anthnony Spencer at #37, Antonio Johnson at #59- Spencer gives us a big, speedy rush OLB and possibly moves Hobson inside. Johnson has size and speed and platoons with VonO at RDE. If Johnson is not availabale I move DRob to DE, go with the 3 headed NT, and take anohter right side OLman (Blaylock, Grubbs?).

6. Use the rest of the draft to grab a speed WR, DL/OL depth, and maybe a blocking FB.

7. Introduce DBrick to milk shakes and the weight room.

2007 Partial Roster

QB- Chad, Clemens

HB- Turner, Washington, Houston

FB- Hodgins, Tutt

WR- Coles, Cotch, Smith, draft pick

TE- Graham, Baker, Pocsaik, Dearth (LS)

C- Mangold, Teague (who can backup at OT)

G- Kendall, Dockery, Moore

T- Brick, Clement, AJ/Goddard/Blanton?, Draft pick?

DE- Ellis, Johnson, VonO, Hamilton

NT- DRob (DE?), Moore, Pouha, Mosley (DE?)

OLB- BT, Spencer, Chatham

ILB- Vilma, Hobson (OLB?), Barton, Kassel, Schelegel

CB- Clements, Dyson, Miller, POteat

S- Rhodes, Smith, Washington, Coleman

This team should be significantly improved in the running game, pass rush, and pass coverage. Run D still a bit suspect but if JOhnson can be an upgrade that should improve too.

OK...blast away....

This is why I voted for you as best new poster.

MSGold friggin rocks-hey MSG did you used to post at Matt's old site or the old Rivals boards?I think I remember you from way back when

I never posted at Matt's but I used to post on the old Jets Machine board until it beamce jets Addicts.

Did you post at JM under anhter name???

I never posted at Matt's but I used to post on the old Jets Machine board until it beamce jets Addicts.

Did you post at JM under anhter name???

yea that's where I recognized your name from the Machine was the place some guys went to or started after the Rivals boards went down-Westside and Larry those guys

Archived