Is Woody cheap?

BoomBoomMancini

Woody is the owner. It's his team and his money. If he isn't calling the shots who is?

Woody has never been a hands on ,AL Davis type of owner. He lets the GM call the shots and he just writes the checks. He gave Herm and Bradway whatever they told him they needed. Contract extentions for every 30 yr old vet on the team.

He is now letting Tangini run the show and I can guarantee you if they came to the guy and said "we gotta have _____ _____" he would do everything within reason to get that player.

He has never been cheap. Greedy with the fans ? Yes. The only problem was Herm & Bradway were too incompetent for their jobs.

So because the Jets we not active day 1 in FA the owner is cheap?

I can't believe I'm responding to a boomboom thread, but how can you say he's cheap? The team will spend up to the cap. Just because he didn't sign Steinbach and Thomas doens't mean he won't spend the same $109 M or whatever is the new cap. This is only the 1st round. There is still the draft and another bunch of cuts on May 31. I'm glad we'll still have money and flexibility. I'm not so glad we kept Kimo.

The Jets will spend up to cap. The first day of free agency "fools" money is being thrown around because teams have a few extra bucks with the increase of the salary cap . Its like a kid with a few bucks in his pocket..it's burning a hole in his pocket and can't wait to spend it. Will get what we need..Patience young grasshoppers.

Woody is the owner. It's his team and his money. If he isn't calling the shots who is?

Mangini and Tanny.

You think Woody said to them go sign this Thomas guy? Or that he should have stepped in and said that?

We blast Daniel Synder for doing the exact same thing. Steinbrenner as well. Woody finally has a good team in place. He is doing exactly what he should be -- letting them make the decisions.

If Mangini and Tanny wanted to make a big splash yesterday, Woody would not have stopped them.

Archived