Patriots to sign Welker to offer sheet.

Alk

Why's it ridiculous? Belichick wants to get back to the Super Bowl and he's doing everything in his power to do so. Wes Welker finally can get a starting opportunity in New England. Pair him up with Crazy Eyes & Gaffney and a 1st round draft pick like Bowe or Rice and you've got a pretty good 1-4. All you'd be giving up is your 2nd round pick and you could always trade back into the 2nd round to stockpile more picks.

Welker is a pain in the ass to guard against. Great player.

I really do think he'll be perfect in our system. Brady is average at best when it comes to the deep ball so we don't need a Randy Moss type player. We need the little guys who are going to get open in the middle of the field. The 2nd. round pick is what I don't like.

I really do think he'll be perfect in our system. Brady is average at best when it comes to the deep ball so we don't need a Randy Moss type player. We need the little guys who are going to get open in the middle of the field. The 2nd. round pick is what I don't like.

Why can't we do what the Pats are doing ?

probably trade down from one of their first to get the pick back.

welker is a good player but similar to Cotchery - it's not like this is an especially scary move. The Jets know about, and have done a decent job guarding Wes Welker.

I'll take Cotch any day over Welker. Welker will never be anything more then a decent slot WR. Cotch is becoming a very good no 2 WR.

I'll take Cotch any day over Welker. Welker will never be anything more then a decent slot WR. Cotch is becoming a very good no 2 WR.

cotch is better as a WR agreed, but Welker is a dangerous STer - Cotch isn't quite as good at returning.

Archived