Samsung DLP HDTV not screaming SASSY, must...configure...ugh

BigBlue

Wohhhh, I hooked up my brand new Samsung 40" DLP to my brand new Directv HD Receiver,using HDMI cable, and ordered the HD package, but I'm not getting the clarity and detail on the HD channels I expected. DVDs look pretty good though. I flipped on a Sixer's game, expecting Iverson to leap onto my couch, but I just wasn't feeling the HD at all...seemed like I was watching my old tv that weighs about 500 pounds. I must have a setting(s) wrong on either the tv or the HD receiver, can someone pls tell me if the Directv receiver's setups override the TV's, or vice versa? Gotta figure this out! thanks

Wohhhh, I hooked up my brand new Samsung 40" DLP to my brand new Directv HD Receiver,using HDMI cable, and ordered the HD package, but I'm not getting the clarity and detail on the HD channels I expected. DVDs look pretty good though. I flipped on a Sixer's game, expecting Iverson to leap onto my couch, but I just wasn't feeling the HD at all...seemed like I was watching my old tv that weighs about 500 pounds. I must have a setting(s) wrong on either the tv or the HD receiver, can someone pls tell me if the Directv receiver's setups override the TV's, or vice versa? Gotta figure this out! thanks

The box will override the TV. So you need to make sure you have the proper settings AND not every channel broacasts in HD..you have to make sure that the channel will broadcast in HD. If the program is not in HD then you just get an elongated picture of the same normal screen. On my cable box...the 700's are the HD channels.

LL

• 2 weeks later...

Archived