Factual errors in "Inflation"

Jet Moses

It was pointed out to me in my story "Inflation" that I was wrong about several things-

The Jets didn't receive 2 draft picks from the Pats; the other one came from the Bucs for Keyshawn. Also, Bellichik was gone before Woody was "officially" the owner, and I guess legally, he wasn't allowed to speak with Belli or anyone else on the staff at that time.

I just want to make it clear that I don't have a press pass, and I don't have a staff of editors. I don't have access to a Lexus Nexus database.

The analogy I like to use, is I'm on the outside of the department store, after closing hours, looking into a dark room through a plate glass window, trying to make out the prices on the merchandise way in the back. Sometimes I'm gonna be off.

I know that there are "reporters" and "beat writers" and what not who have press passes, and a staff and financial backing and a database and what not, and they still get stuff wrong, too.

So cut me a break. :)

My stories have a primary purpose, start conversation. Second to that, I learn something from the conversation I didn't know before.

I don't want to come across as a know-it-all, and as far as I'm concerned, it's worth it to me to lose face if in the end, I get something out of it, and it makes me a better person, or at the very least, a less ignorant person.

I try to maintain journalistic integrity as best I can, and it is never my intent to deceive anybody. I do however, reserve the right to engage in conjecture and hyperbole, early and often.

:Typotux:

JetMo --

You don't lose face here at all. I put that article on the front page. So if anyone loses face, it is not you.

It happens -- I should have been more thorough in fact checking. But let's agree to one thing. It's not like we are draft daddy or anything. I mean, did you see all those spelling errors, lol.

Good job JetMo!

no apologies needed

this is like when people email DD to tell about spelling errors - it's like hey what do you expect for free?

Matt, thanks to DD I can talk about players I never actually saw in college and still sound like I know what I'm talking about. :thumbup: You guys do a great job.

nice point moses

Thanx!

JetMo --

You don't lose face here at all. I put that article on the front page. So if anyone loses face, it is not you.

It happens -- I should have been more thorough in fact checking. But let's agree to one thing. It's not like we are draft daddy or anything. I mean, did you see all those spelling errors, lol.

Good job JetMo!

Oh wait, I do have an editor.

MAX, YOU'RE FIRED!

And...

....take...

.......all......

your

(you know the drill ;))

JetMo -- who complained about the article to you? We got some fan mail about it. Here is one:

Dear JetNation,

Good article. You portrayed Woody accurately.

Also any word on if Vinny Testaverde will make the Hall Of Fame?

Signed,

Juan

Archived