Have you put your trust in Tangini yet?

Jetsfan80

I realize that we Jets fans are jaded by a poor history and even worse decision-making by the front office.

However, have you gotten to the point where you've said, "well, Tangini took us to the playoffs as a rookie HC when we expected 5 wins. I'll trust him"?

It seems that the draft choice of Kellen Clemens, the 3-4, and not jumping into the free agent frenzy have been some of the predominant criticisms of this regime so far. But I have faith in the "plan", the greater strategy that goes far beyond any one player or even this coming season.

So far, that plan seems to be working. The players have bought in, and there's been no parading around with the media like Herm Edwards and the previous regime. It's all been done under the radar. And of course the Thomas Jones deal appears to have been one of those steals you just have to latch onto when given your opportunity.

So I ask you. Do you trust Tangini? Are you willing to accept some of the questionable decisions as being part of a grander scheme, or are you going to take the "wait-and-see" approach?

As for me, I'm ALL IN with this regime. They have done nothing to prove that they deserve otherwise. I love the idea of taking care of your own (the extension of Cotchery), working through the draft (the Jones deal filled a NEED and we still managed to keep an extra 2nd rounder handy, which is important), and not going after what is "flashy" (Nate Clements, for example).

After all, sometimes what the fans want isn't what's best. Nothing wrong with discussing or criticising. But do you, personally, accept what is going on, where we are headed, and trust the majority of the decisions being made on top for this organization?

I think they have earned a little room to breath. They exceeded expectations last season and not just for the season but for yr 1 of the rebuilding process. You can see the difference from top to bottom.

How can you complain? I mean ,sure,as a fan we have every right to debate their moves/actions but ultimately, it is working. It is pretty hard to find something to bitch or complain about when things are going right and working out.

I think a lot of people underestimate the size of the pile of **** Herm & Terry left for Tangini to clean up. These guys have done a spectacular job in such a short time. Not just turning the players on the field around but also turning around how the other NFL front offices see us. We are no longer the laughing stock of the NFL.

Give these men a little credit.

Nobody's beyond reproach, but they've earned enough trust that when they do something questionable I'll say "I don't understand that one" rather than "That was the stpidest move ever!". In other words, they have the benefit of my doubt.

I think a lot of people underestimate the size of the pile of **** Herm & Terry left for Tangini to clean up. These guys have done a spectacular job in such a short time. Not just turning the players on the field around but also turning around how the other NFL front offices see us. We are no longer the laughing stock of the NFL.

Give these men a little credit.

Gotta disagree Smizzy. I don't think the team they were left wasn't NEARLY as bad as alot of posters here would have you believe.

Gotta disagree Smizzy. I don't think the team they were left wasn't NEARLY as bad as alot of posters here would have you believe.

Well, they were left with the flaming bag of nuclear poop called John Abraham. And pretty much immediately turned that lemon into lemonade.

Big difference in Mangini/Tannebaum did what they could, without throwing their hands in their air complaining about injuries, as was common defeatist practice under Coach Jerk CHicken. When Pennington got hurt in 2005, Edwards allowed his team to give up, even did so himself with his Bollinger nonsense. They weren't winning a damn thing-why not find out what the guy can do if you let him throw? Not Hermie . And you simply cannot send a message to you team like that, like it's okay to give up. You're going to have injuries every year,; live with it. Instead, Edwards allowed that to fester, and made a point of reading the injury report in pressers, which almost no other coach I can think of does.At some point I recall Edwards even getting angry when he realized how silly that was, but that's what you get when your ego demands that YOU be the "face of the franchise".

And talent-wise, what's the point if you don't let those guys like Crotchery play? What's the point of a strength&conditioning program if it's a joke? What's the point og having a quality control coach if you ignore your playcall tendencies and do what ever you want? Why even watch film or gameplan if you're gonna run the same 15 plays every week?

Simply, these guys have earned a world of trust. They may make mistakes, but it won't be from lack of preparation or hard work. I'm much more confident in the direction of this team now than I ever was for the 5 previous years, and by a lot.

Archived