MVP 2005

Maxman

It's definitely an upgrade over last year's game. I recommend it.

However, I do not recommend playing as the Cubs on this game unless you enjoy losing every game 1-0.

LOL. Yeah at least with Sammy you had a shot at a 2 run home run.

Honestly, I'm thinking of getting it, but I want to know, what exactly does 05 have that is an upgrade over 04? Smizz, help me out.

Better animations. This may sound like no big deal, but the flow of the game goes a lot better. You can now throw on the run, meaning the days of the computer getting easy, cheap base hits on grounders are a thing of the past.

The fielding is also much improved. The "big play control" now actually works. No more automatic triples if you dive after a ball. You can now actually catch it. I've made some spectacular plays in the week I've had the game that were IMPOSSIBLE to make on 2004.

Hitting is harder this year, but it's a wonderful feeling to be able to crank one out with a lefty.

They've basically went in and fixed all the glitches and added enough to where you can't say that they just sat on their hands. I'd definitely pay $50 for this game, and it only costs $30.

Better animations. This may sound like no big deal, but the flow of the game goes a lot better. You can now throw on the run, meaning the days of the computer getting easy, cheap base hits on grounders are a thing of the past.

The fielding is also much improved. The "big play control" now actually works. No more automatic triples if you dive after a ball. You can now actually catch it. I've made some spectacular plays in the week I've had the game that were IMPOSSIBLE to make on 2004.

Hitting is harder this year, but it's a wonderful feeling to be able to crank one out with a lefty.

They've basically went in and fixed all the glitches and added enough to where you can't say that they just sat on their hands. I'd definitely pay $50 for this game, and it only costs $30.

Agreed.

They added alot of little things that just make the overall feel of the game that much better.

This is not last years game,it's much better.

Thanks. One thing I hate about 04 is that if you hit it a certain way to SS or 2B it's almost impossible to turn a DP much less get the guy out at 2B.

Anyone else have a ploblem with the levels? It seems that if I play on pro I kill the computer. But if I play on All-Star I lose 2-1 everytime. Anyone have suggestions? Maybe I should play with the sliders?

I can't really hit either. I think one of the keys is to take a lot of pitches and wear down the pitcher. It seems the computer throws a lot of balls and even walks its share of batters. Plus I need to hit practice mode more.

Archived