JN | Poll Results | Pete Kendall's future with Jets

rick34125

The results are in and JetNation has spoken.

Most of you think Pete will be staying on with the Jets at the same contractual terms.

However, the idea that he might be traded made a significant push the last few days.

Personally, I hope Pete stays for at least another year to help this team make another playoff push.

For more on this poll and related news here's the original post:

http://www.jetnation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34954

Pete will be traded - 21.05%

Pete will be released - 15.79%

Pete will stay on with the same salary - 43.86%

Pete will stay on with a higher salary - 19.30%

3 years ago this guy was a great OG. 2 years ago he got thrown into the C position due to injuries, and played with the worst OL we've had in years, again due to those injuries. Last year he was sandwiched between 2 rookies on the OL. Granted the rookies did pretty well, make no mistake Kendall had alot more responsibility than people here want to give him credit for. Now that Brick and Mangold have a year under their belts I expect Kendall to be able to go back to just worrying about himself and return to the form that made him a steal for us 3 years ago.,

3 years ago this guy was a great OG. 2 years ago he got thrown into the C position due to injuries, and played with the worst OL we've had in years, again due to those injuries. Last year he was sandwiched between 2 rookies on the OL. Granted the rookies did pretty well, make no mistake Kendall had alot more responsibility than people here want to give him credit for. Now that Brick and Mangold have a year under their belts I expect Kendall to be able to go back to just worrying about himself and return to the form that made him a steal for us 3 years ago.,

I dunno boozer, I dunno. Like you said, he was great 3 years ago playing nex to Mawae and Fabini.....but he struggled last year in run blocking esp. And that was next to a better run blocking center in Nick Mangold, than Mawae was in 2004. Dbrick was pretty average to say the least at run blocking so maybe if he improves there Kendall will look alot better....but I still did not like what I saw from Kendall last year.

He was just worthless in run blocking. I guess what do you expect from a 280lb guard? We need somebody that can move people, bottom line. Thomas Jones isnt gonna do jack sh#t with this run blocking unit we currently have. Jones isnt gonna make an Oline look great, he's not that good.

Also, the system in 2004 was more tailored to Kendalls skillset, which is pulling and such. We dont do that as much as we used to, and Kendall has lost a step there too.

... tannenbaum is not going to allow the jets to get caught up in the OG salary insanity that began with hutchinson & seattle/minn ...

... he would like to keep kendall at lg for the last year of his contract at the current rate ...

... if kendall acts up over this then mike t. has already begun the process of who to bring in to replace him, because he will not get paid at the current wage scale by the jets ...

... let's hope kendall accepts this fact & stays on as he is better than the alternatives for this season ...

l_j_r

... tannenbaum is not going to allow the jets to get caught up in the OG salary insanity that began with hutchinson & seattle/minn ...

... he would like to keep kendall at lg for the last year of his contract at the current rate ...

... if kendall acts up over this then tangini has already begun the process of who to bring in to replace him, because he will not get paid at the current wage scale by the jets ...

... let's hope kendall accepts this fact & stays on as he is better than the alternatives for this season ...

l_j_r

There is a lot of room between Hutchinson/Steinbach and Kendall's current salary. They can give him a minor raise without sniffing those levels. What I wonder is that even if he would be the best option at a somewhat higher price, will they not offer a raise to avoid future holdouts? The last precedent a young team wants is to shell out extra $$ to 34 year old OGs that probably won't be around more than another season or two.

There is a lot of room between Hutchinson/Steinbach and Kendall's current salary. They can give him a minor raise without sniffing those levels. What I wonder is that even if he would be the best option at a somewhat higher price, will they not offer a raise to avoid future holdouts? The last precedent a young team wants is to shell out extra $$ to 34 year old OGs that probably won't be around more than another season or two.

Even if the Jets felt Kendall deserved a pay raise, (and he does considering how the market for guards has changed so much in the past 2 years), they are not gonna give it to him because it got out in the open, in the media, probably leaked by Kendalls camp I would guess.

There's no way the Jets give him the pay raise he is looking for. None. It would make it harder on the Jets Front Office in future negotiations with future players if they they get bent over by Kendall and give him a pay raise.

He's a goner unless he decides to play for the contract he signed 3 years ago.

Archived