JETS ARE STAYING AT HOFSTRA

jetsrule128

It seems this won't be the Jets' Long Island swan song after all.

Although 2007 was expected to be the team's final season at its current base of operations, Hofstra University, a high-ranking team official said that the football-playing segment of the franchise will remain at Hofstra at least through the 2008 season. While some of the business-based aspects of the team will be able to move to the new complex in Florham Park, NJ, by the end of this coming season, the logistics of moving the coaching staff, players and equipment to the Garden State would be too disruptive, according to the official. The Jets had originally expected to hold their 2008 training camp in Florham Park.

"It won't be until at least 2009," the official said.

That's good news for Long Island fans of the Jets, who have spent many summer days on the campus of Hofstra watching training camp workouts in the past decades. Those practices are free and open to the public. The Jets have been holding training camp at Hofstra since 1968.

Excavation and construction has already begun on the site of the future Jets complex in Florham Park, which is in Morris County and about 25 miles west of New York City. The Jets are moving to the new facility because it will be closer to the team's current and future stadium for games at the Meadowlands. It now takes the team close to two hours to travel from Hempstead to East Rutherford for each home game. It will take about 20 minutes to go from Florham Park to East Rutherford.

The official said the team is looking for ways to maintain a foothold on Long Island and keep in touch with the many fans here even after the move. Some of those ideas may include holding several days of preseason practice or even hosting an intrasquad game or preseason scrimmage with another NFL team on Long Island.

BEST NEWS I HAVE HEARD ALL DAY

Why is that good news?

That's good news for Long Island fans of the Jets, who have spent many summer days on the campus of Hofstra watching training camp workouts in the past decades. Those practices are free and open to the public. The Jets have been holding training camp at Hofstra since 1968.

One question for the front office. With my new parking pass am I eligible to park at the Meadowlands and jump on a shuttle to practice in Long Island? Please advise, I am confused.

One question for the front office. With my new parking pass am I eligible to park at the Meadowlands and jump on a shuttle to practice in Long Island? Please advise, I am confused.

at least you have a parking pass :rolleyes:

uhhh.. and great weblord... a parking pass is not the same as a "press pass" do dont be getting film for your instamatic... and sharpening your pencils .... i think 128 has a better chance of asking mangini a question then you do.

:D

at least you have a parking pass :rolleyes:

uhhh.. and great weblord... a parking pass is not the same as a "press pass" do dont be getting film for your instamatic... and sharpening your pencils .... i think 128 has a better chance of asking mangini a question then you do.

:D

I will get plenty of Eric Time this training camp. I usually run into him at the Wendy's across the street. Should I biggie size it today Eric?

It now takes the team close to two hours to travel from Hempstead to East Rutherford for each home game. It will take about 20 minutes to go from Florham Park to East Rutherford.

This official is not from Jersey....:bwahaharoll: :bwahaharoll: 20 minutes on a JET maybe

can't wait for camp

Although 2007 was expected to be the team's final season at its current base of operations, Hofstra University, a high-ranking team official said that the football-playing segment of the franchise will remain at Hofstra at least through the 2008 season. While some of the business-based aspects of the team will be able to move to the new complex in Florham Park, NJ, by the end of this coming season, the logistics of moving the coaching staff, players and equipment to the Garden State would be too disruptive, according to the official. The Jets had originally expected to hold their 2008 training camp in Florham Park.

"It won't be until at least 2009," the official said.

Excavation and construction has already begun on the site of the future Jets complex in Florham Park, which is in Morris County and about 25 miles west of New York City. The Jets are moving to the new facility because it will be closer to the team's current and future stadium for games at the Meadowlands. It now takes the team close to two hours to travel from Hempstead to East Rutherford for each home game. It will take about 20 minutes to go from Florham Park to East Rutherford.

The official said the team is looking for ways to maintain a foothold on Long Island and keep in touch with the many fans here even after the move. Some of those ideas may include holding several days of preseason practice or even hosting an intrasquad game or preseason scrimmage with another NFL team on Long Island.

BEST NEWS I HAVE HEARD ALL DAY

I tried to tell everyone that they would be staying at Hofstra for a while in an earlier thread and no one wanted to listen. Everyone said I was making it up and now they learn that I was right. And I couldn't be happier about that. I can't wait to head down to Hofstra to see Mangini beating on our team!!!

So not until 2009 now? That is horse****.

Continue to keep the team farther away from their home stadium, smooth.:eek:

the real fans are the Cafeteria crew .we stand outside there Cafeteria waiting to talk to the players.there are at least 40 of us...you will not get that in florham park cause i think the players requested there Cafeteria not have fan access

the real fans are the Cafeteria crew .we stand outside there Cafeteria waiting to talk to the players.there are at least 40 of us...you will not get that in florham park cause i think the players requested there Cafeteria not have fan access

"Real fans" my ass. There are plenty of "real fans" in New Jersey.

Archived