NFL FUTURES: Superbowl odds.

johnny green balls

here are the current odds to win it all. Jets are 30/1, pats are 2/1 (why anyone would bet so early on a team for a lousy 2/1 payoff is beyond me). notice some of the teams (in addition to the jets) who are favored ahead of the chiefs (50/1) to win it all-- cardinals, bucs, titans skins, rams, PACKERS. looks like most everyone realizes herm is a boob at this point. also, miami and the chiefs are both at 50/1. great coaching job herm!!

Odds to win the 2008 Super Bowl XLII All wagers have action. No Parlays.

Arizona Cardinals

35/1

Atlanta Falcons

48/1

Baltimore Ravens

18/1

Buffalo Bills

90/1

Carolina Panthers

20/1

Chicago Bears

12/1

Cincinnati Bengals

18/1

Cleveland Browns

90/1

Dallas Cowboys

20/1

Denver Broncos

18/1

Detroit Lions

90/1

Green Bay Packers

38/1

Houston Texans

100/1

Indianapolis Colts

15/2

Jacksonville Jaguars

28/1

Kansas City Chiefs

50/1

Miami Dolphins

50/1

Minnesota Vikings

50/1

New England Patriots

2/1

New Orleans Saints

18/1

New York Giants

28/1

New York Jets

30/1

Oakland Raiders

75/1

Philadelphia Eagles

18/1

Pittsburgh Steelers

20/1

San Diego Chargers

6/1

San Francisco 49ers

18/1

Seattle Seahawks

18/1

St.Louis Rams

48/1

Tampa Bay Buccaneers

45/1

Tennessee Titans

38/1

Washington Redskins

38/1

28/1 for the Giants and Jaguars ahead of the Jets is f'n comical. This league just loves the ****ing mediocre 8-8 Giants. At best they'll be 8-8 this season, at freakin' best.

GIANTS SUCK

here are the current odds to win it all. Jets are 30/1, pats are 2/1 (why anyone would bet so early on a team for a lousy 2/1 payoff is beyond me). notice some of the teams (in addition to the jets) who are favored ahead of the chiefs (50/1) to win it all-- cardinals, bucs, titans skins, rams, PACKERS. looks like most everyone realizes herm is a boob at this point. also, miami and the chiefs are both at 50/1. great coaching job herm!!

Odds to win the 2008 Super Bowl XLII All wagers have action. No Parlays.

Arizona Cardinals

35/1

Atlanta Falcons

48/1

Baltimore Ravens

18/1

Buffalo Bills

90/1

Carolina Panthers

20/1

Chicago Bears

12/1

Cincinnati Bengals

18/1

Cleveland Browns

90/1

Dallas Cowboys

20/1

Denver Broncos

18/1

Detroit Lions

90/1

Green Bay Packers

38/1

Houston Texans

100/1

Indianapolis Colts

15/2

Jacksonville Jaguars

28/1

Kansas City Chiefs

50/1

Miami Dolphins

50/1

Minnesota Vikings

50/1

New England Patriots

2/1

New Orleans Saints

18/1

New York Giants

28/1

New York Jets

30/1

Oakland Raiders

75/1

Philadelphia Eagles

18/1

Pittsburgh Steelers

20/1

San Diego Chargers

6/1

San Francisco 49ers

18/1

Seattle Seahawks

18/1

St.Louis Rams

48/1

Tampa Bay Buccaneers

45/1

Tennessee Titans

38/1

Washington Redskins

38/1

Did you notcie on that listall those teams were NFC teams? They are there b/c the NFC stinks and it's alot easier to get to a Sb than in the AFC.

that 2/1 odd is based on action - it was probably 6/1 after the super bowl and kept coming down after all the free agent signings... with a flood of Boston money after they signed Moss.

probably. anyone who ties their money up all season for a shot at a mere 2/1 payoff is a fool though. only time i play these crazy future bets is if the jets are 50/1 and i put $10 on it just for fun. house edge on futures is assinine, also. these are strictly "for fun" bets imho.

Did you notcie on that listall those teams were NFC teams? They are there b/c the NFC stinks and it's alot easier to get to a Sb than in the AFC.

did you notice that the AFC teams get a built-in edge to win it all because the AFC will probably win the SB once they get there? yet there is herm's chiefs, 50/1 worse than so many chump daddy NFC teams that no one gives a chance of winning to. thanks for supporting my point! did herm's last check bounce?

did you notice that the AFC teams get a built-in edge to win it all because the AFC will probably win the SB once they get there? yet there is herm's chiefs, 50/1 worse than so many chump daddy NFC teams that no one gives a chance of winning to. thanks for supporting my point! did herm's last check bounce?

Ouch and pnwed!

Then why are the Niners, Seattle, Carolina, NYG, Dallas and philly all above us? I think we are better than all of those teams w/ the possible exception of Seattle and you do realize KC will likely be starting a rookie QB? 50/1 has nothing to do w/ Herm but you like to make everything about Herm.

This is the stupidest thing I have ever read! How can they have odds on whos going to win the superbowl when the season hasnt even started yrt??

Your kidding right?

Its all about who looks best heading into the season... and for the people who bet its all about seeing through the big moves and determining who will actually have the best roster based on a lot more factors...

Your kidding right?

Its all about who looks best heading into the season... and for the people who bet its all about seeing through the big moves and determining who will actually have the best roster based on a lot more factors...

Actually, it has little to do with what NFL analysts think of the rosters. Many of the people who set the odds have never seen a sports game before. The odds are entirely based on the public's betting trends.

Actually, it has little to do with what NFL analysts think of the rosters. Many of the people who set the odds have never seen a sports game before. The odds are entirely based on the public's betting trends.

Im not talking about that... I was giving a reason why people bet on it and how they bet on it...

Im not talking about that... I was giving a reason why people bet on it and how they bet on it...

this is probably why there is an inherent win-bias. people usually place too much emphasis on free-agent signings. 2-1 odds for the pats is insane. yes, they had a great off-season but to say they now have a 33% chance to win the pinnacle of sports glory before the season even starts against 31 other teams is absurd.

Archived