Exclusive GGG ~ Members Only Pictures

Maxman

Max: If you're gonna post in the hockey forum, you need to know this, BRO: Flyers weren't around in the 50s.

Note: I dyed my hair brunette as a child. How'd you get that picture of me and my Dad?

There are rules for what forums we can post in now?

Guess I should revoke your access to the baseball forum then. [-X

There are rules for what forums we can post in now?

Guess I should revoke your access to the baseball forum then. [-X

If we can keep Tom Shane out of the hockey forum I think my life will be complete!

If we can keep Tom Shane out of the hockey forum I think my life will be complete!

Damn you the man. If that is all you need to make your life complete you are in good shape.

I need many things to complete my life. The most expensive item on the list is ironically enough 4 inches worth of plastic surgery.

Pinocchio wants to be a real boy!

Hairman_little_fan.jpg

Those look like Joey Buttafucco pants :lol:

Thankfully, I never had a pair in college--end of the 1980's/early 90's....They were in vogue for about 1 year--1 year too much :lol:

BTY, I'm sure my friend Maxman knows the Flyers were part of hockey's first great expansion (when they went from the "original 6 teams" to 12)...

I bet Maxman can even name both California teams in that expansion (without looking) :P

I will take that bet.

R44 I know you are making fun of me...and GGG I know you would love to bet me. Even though you never pay up when you lose.

So I am going to pass for two reasons:

1. I don't know the answer

2. I was told not to post in here anymore

:mrgreen:

Maxman, I'm mildly suprised you didn't guess one of the 2--The Los Angeles Kings.

Now, part 2 is tough for an admitted NHL loather, such as Maxman--The Oakland/California Golden Seals/Seals...

I don't remember the Seals (I remember the Colorado Rockies--barely), but I used to love NHL trivia...

The Seals were owned by the former outrageous owner of the Dynomite Oakland A's in the early 1970's (they eventually merged with the Minnesota North Stars and folded).

Seals couldn't draw, so they constantly brought in Oakland stars like Rollie Fingers, Reggie Jackson, Ken Stabler, ect to do promo's between periods (autograph signings, contests).....Seals kept changing their name too--California to Oakland (or vice versa).From the Golden Seals to the Seals (or vice versa).

Like the A's, they wore Kelly green and gold uniforms (Irish colors, due to the owners family heritage-- you'll remember that about them), with--and this is gay--white skates :oops:

Don't feel so bad about not knowing the Seals, however.

Back in 2000 I was watching a Mets game and Seaver was carrying on how Piazza was beaming over buying a Seals retro jersey....Seaver admits he knows zero about hockey and asks his partner if the Seals played in Long Beach.....His partner says "I think so" :shock:

This was weird, because his partner was non other than "Mr. Hockey" Gary Thorne, who's probably in early his 60's and should've been an adult when the Seals played.....How can you announce the Stanley Cup Finals and not know the Seals? :mrgreen:

http://www.eskimo.com/~pem/oakseal.htm

Maxman, I'm mildly suprised you didn't guess one of the 2--The Los Angeles Kings.

I know NOTHING about hockey. They didn't play it much in my neighborhood!

And I keep my kids away from it because I don't feel like taking the weekend trips to Montreal.

I am a bad parent I know!

Archived