Melky -vs- Damon

Jet/BosoxFan

Just who should be playing CF for the Bronx ...ahem... Bombers?

Melk Dud or the Corpse of Johnny Damon?

Lets see:

1. At the plate: Melk Dud still hasnt figured out the strike zone. He swings at pitches by his shoes. Not sure he will ever be a threat as a hitter. Damon (once a catalyst leadoff hitter) is so bad lately, Coco Crisp is one big night away from hitting for a higher average.

2. On the basepath: Melky is a horrible baserunner...Damon, once prolific, has rapidly aged in a small amount of time and looks terribly lethargic. He probably should have been on the DL weeks ago. Why Boy Brian hasnt insisted on this is beyond me? I would assume that a shot Damon is still better than any option on the bench or in the minors.

3. In the field...Johnny's arm is worse than many of those of my students, who are in 4th grade. Melky actually has a really good arm in CF. He does look lost when playing out there though, even to my untrained eye. Yankee fans who rave about his defense are just being homers. melk dud plyed well in left though last year when subbing for Matsui. Maybe Bugg can shed light on this since he is the only Yankee fan who knows his @ss from a hole in the ground.

Right now, I have no idea who should be playing CF in NY...

Melky is a 4th outfielder. I don't think he will ever be anything more than that. Unless he develops some power that he hasn't shown yet.

Damon is a nice guy. And he cut his hair to prove his loyalty to the Yankees. He even shaved. But at this point he should not be playing CF. He should be playing LF. Except the Yankees already have an overpaid LF. And neither of the two have the arm for RF in most parks. Technically they don't either have the arm for LF in Yankee Stadium.

Ya know...I tried to tell y'all that JBF gets more @ss than a toilet seat, but Bob and GJH got about a year of material out of that one!

Edit: CAN WE PLEASE STAY ON THE SUBJECT PLEASE...Melk Dud -vs- the Corpse of Johnny Damon.

Anyone who says "I get more @ss than a toilet seat" doesn't.

Ya know...I tried to tell y'all that JBF gets more @ss than a toilet seat, but Bob and GJH got about a year of material out of that one!

Edit: CAN WE PLEASE STAY ON THE SUBJECT PLEASE...Melk Dud -vs- the Corpse of Johnny Damon.

Yeah my father said that joke when he was in college, he's 56 now.

let's see.... Childhood school teacher, obsessed with baseball, gay, not funny, not liked... yeah i'm sorry JBF but this isn't Fever Pitch, you won't get any 'Gina in this world.

I'd take damon over Melky this season, (but not for the future), only because once Damon is dled and back (which most of us are counting down the days before this happens) he might actually be better then he is right now, and be able to hit/run better, which is what the yankees need. The arm on Damon isn't great, but I'll trade it for the bat he will probably provide once he is more healthy.

Archived