Im not going to make

BornJetsFan1983

If I dont get some jets news or something soon Im going to flip out...anybody hear something? Hell can someone make some up?

I actually heard that the Jets have offered a contract to an undrafted FA, who played and started for his college team his FROSH year and half his Soph year and did well. Then he got a bad foot injury and and a knee injury the next season which limited his playing time/ability significantly his Jr. and Sr. years. The contract being signed is dependant on a physical to take place sometime next week....

Sorry, seem to have lost the link, I'll look around for it.

Come on man. Couldn't even post the position he played?! Hell, I can make up stuff better than that.

[There's a rumor floating around that a soon to be released DT will be traded for a certain "disgruntled player" the Jets currently have on roster. Specifics were not included in accordance with Jets FO policy, but reports should leak out of mini-camp come late July. The soon to be acquired player cant wait for his opportunity to showcase his work ethic, which was virtually unrecognized in the NFC-West division].

Come on man. Couldn't even post the position he played?! Hell, I can make up stuff better than that.

[There's a rumor floating around that a soon to be released DT will be traded for a certain "disgruntled player" the Jets currently have on roster. Specifics were not included in accordance with Jets FO policy, but reports should leak out of mini-camp come late July. The soon to be acquired player cant wait for his opportunity to showcase his work ethic, which was virtually unrecognized in the NFC-West division].

hahahahaha. There you go again GS3.:P

Seriousness aside, his name is D. Jackson and he played CB for Iowa St. in college.

Another cornerback on the mend who received good news is DeAndre Jackson.

The former Iowa State star, who graded out as a first day pick when his senior season began, also suffered a serious knee injury, though it occurred seven games into the 2006 campaign.

Back to full health, the New York Jets have told Jackson the team will offer him a contract if he passes the team's physical in two weeks time. Jackson's skills coupled with head coach Eric Mangini's ability to develop secondary talent and the Jets lack of depth in the defensive backfield are all positive signs for the cornerback.

Link: http://story.scout.com/a.z?s=65&p=2&c=653422

hahahahaha. There you go again GS3.:P

Seriousness aside, his name is D. Jackson and he played CB for Iowa St. in college.

Link: http://story.scout.com/a.z?s=65&p=2&c=653422

Jackson would be a great pick-up for our practice squad. I didn't realize he was the player you mentioned.... I'm starting to like you ggm, you're one of few "informed" posters who actually knows what's going on.

Deandre was a four-year starter as well as kick-returner (I believe, PR maybe?) Either way, he has decent size and good ball skills.

DeAndre Jackson

Height: 5-113/8 | Weight: 193 | 40-Time: 4.50 deandrejackson.jpg

Official Bio

two.gif

Strengths:

Size and speed are adequate...Has good quickness...Phenomenal instincts...Gets good jumps and knocks down a lot of balls...Pretty physical and aggressive...Solid tackler who will support the run...Great technician who does all of the little things well...Also has experience as a kick returner and can contribute on special teams.

Weaknesses:

Durability is a major concern...An average athlete who lacks make up speed and a burst...Does not have fluid hips...Gives too big of a cushion...He should probably make more plays for as much as he's around the ball...Not a fit for every scheme.

Notes:

He did not play his junior season in high school due to a bruised kidney and then tore his ACL and missed half of his senior season with the Cyclones...Underrated prospect who will more than likely slip a bit since he is just coming off of a serious injury...A potential steal whose best fit could come in a Cover 2 or zone scheme. Career StatisticsYearGPTKLPBUINTYDS20038180002004125010192005125585182006726200Totals3914920627

Deandre Jackson

CB | (5'113_8.gif", 193, 4.52) | IOWA STATE

Scouts Grade: 57

Flags: (I: INJURY) Coming off injury that may affect play

Strengths: Gets adequate depth, can cover a lot of ground and shows a strong grasp of spacing when drops into zone coverage. Reads routes well and shows strong footwork. Is disciplined and rarely gets caught out of position. Times jumps fairly well and is tall enough to compete for jump balls. Reads quarterback's eyes, is aggressive and can jump routes. Catches the ball well and is a playmaker. Closes fairly well and flashes the ability to deliver the big hit. Plays with a good motor and flashes the ability to slip blocks in space. Times blitzes well and can get to the quarterback coming off the edge. Reads blocks well, shows good burst through seams and is a dangerous kickoff return man though needs to be more consistent.

Weaknesses: Appears stiff when opening hips to turn and run downfield, frequently gives receivers a big cushion and lacks ideal top-end speed. Takes too long to diagnose plays and doesn't offer much in run support despite size. Doesn't take sound pursuit angles and gets caught out of position at times. Ducks his head at times and is an inconsistent open-field tackler. Sustained a season-ending knee injury during Oklahoma game in 2006, so durability is a pressing issue heading into the draft.

Overall: Jackson appeared in eight games (three starts) as a true freshman in 2003 and made 18 tackles including two for loss. In 2004, he emerged as a fulltime started for all 12 contests and recorded 50 total tackles, 10 passes defended, and one interception. Jackson again started all 12 games in 2005 and posted 55 total tackles including one for loss, five interceptions, eight passes defended, one fumble recovery, and four forced fumbles. In 2006, he started the first seven games before suffering a knee injury against Oklahoma that caused him to miss the remainder of the season. For the year, Jackson registered 26 total tackles including one for loss, two pass breakups, and one forced fumble. Over the course of the 2005 and 2006 seasons, he also returned 35 kickoffs for 806 yards (23 average). Jackson doesn't possess the speed to consistently hold up on an island and his knee injury is reason for concern. However, he has the size, instincts and playmaking ability to develop into an excellent starter in a cover-2 scheme. He also projects as a solid contributor on special teams in the NFL. Jackson projects as a second-day pick and he could be a great value if he returns to form physically.

If I dont get some jets news or something soon Im going to flip out...anybody hear something? Hell can someone make some up?

"Hell, can someone make some up?" Hehe, post of the off-season. :P For the record, if I hear Kendall's name again, I'll Ralph, so good stuff.

Here's some breaking news, per Scout.com:

Jets sign NFL Europa linebacker

By Dan Leberfeld

Posted Jun 30, 2007

The New York Jets have signed free agent LB Lawrence Pinson and waived LB Jared Newberry.

Pinson, (6-0, 245, Oklahoma State) was originally signed as an undrafted rookie free agent with the Arizona Cardinals on May 24 before being waived on August 28. As a two-year starter for Oklahoma State, Pinson was the Cowboys fifth-leading tackler while a senior in 2005 with 44 tackles and contributed two sacks. He finished his collegiate career with 188 tackles and four sacks. Chosen by the Amsterdam Admirals in the 15th round of the 2007 NFL Europa Free Agent Draft, he finished the season as the Admirals fourth-leading tackler with 43 tackles (33 solo), one sack, one pass defensed and one forced fumble. Newberry, was signed by the Jets as a free agent on May 15 and was originally a sixth round (183rd overall) draft pick in 2005 by the Washington

Happy?

Archived