Call me a Homer all you want.

After we go 4-12 this year, we can take whoever will be near the top of the QB class next year. Just our luck that we managed to miss Cutler, Young and Russell before that point. At least Leinart and Quinn would have been better too probably than Clemens, and hopefully the next years QB class isn't total ****. Anybody know the prospects?

After we go 4-12 this year, we can take whoever will be near the top of the QB class next year. Just our luck that we managed to miss Cutler, Young and Russell before that point. At least Leinart and Quinn would have been better too probably than Clemens, and hopefully the next years QB class isn't total ****. Anybody know the prospects?

Brian Brohm? I dunno, I liked Young, Leinart and Cutler alot better.

The top prospect which would've been a top 3 prospect last year, is Brian Brohm from the university of Louisville, don't be shocked to see him go #1 overall. Especially with him having another year throwing to Mario Urrutia and company.

Next is a tossup, either J.D. Booty from USC, Andre Woodson from Kentucky, Chad Henne from Michigan, or Colton Brennan from hawaii.

A sleeper could be QB Sam Keller, newly transfered QB at Nebraska. He had the starting job at Arizona State, but lost it in a political situation despite being the best player on the team along with Derek Hagan, and decided to transfer after the disrespectful situation, he should be a pretty good QB this year but because of other sure prospects he might fall on draft boards.

The top prospect which would've been a top 3 prospect last year, is Brian Brohm from the university of Louisville, don't be shocked to see him go #1 overall. Especially with him having another year throwing to Mario Urrutia and company.

Next is a tossup, either J.D. Booty from USC, Andre Woodson from Kentucky, Chad Henne from Michigan, or Colton Brennan from hawaii.

A sleeper could be QB Sam Keller, newly transfered QB at Nebraska. He had the starting job at Arizona State, but lost it in a political situation despite being the best player on the team along with Derek Hagan, and decided to transfer after the disrespectful situation, he should be a pretty good QB this year but because of other sure prospects he might fall on draft boards.

Also, I forgot, rounding off the top 10 could be Dennis Dixon from Oregon, but he probably won't play Quarterback, Anthony Morelli from Penn State, Brandon Cox from Auburn, and Kyle Wright from Miami. Honorable mention could be Matt Ryan from Boston College, Erik Ainge from Tennesee, or a D-II prospect Josh Johnson, whom is one of the most prolific passers in all of D-II.

Brian Brohm? I dunno, I liked Young, Leinart and Cutler alot better.

There's a real good chance that Brohm can go #1 overall, judging by what they did this offseason, the Lions will most likely have the #1 overall pick, or maybe the Falcons, if the Falcons don't get #1, I gaurantee they will be in the top 7, and they can trade up to get Brohm, since Bobby Petrino is with Atlanta, if the Vick situation doesn't work out, he might go for his former QB.

You have to think big picture. We need to find out about Kellen now. Not 3 years from now when Chad's shoulder is finally busted for good.

You have to understand the big picture. We need to win games now and in the future, the only way we win games is by playing the best player. If Clemens proves to be the best QB on our roster in Training Camp, then we should put him in and see how he does. If he is beat out by both Pennington and Tui in camp, he should be a 3rd QB. The best player plays, thats the strategy you have to go by if you want to win games.

EXactly.

Or you find yourself in a similar situation like with Chad. A player that sits on the bench for two years into his third. Finally gets a start, shows some potential a second before his contract expires.

Ummm. Wrong. Sorry, not everyone gets lucky like the Pats and is able to win 3 SB's with a 6th rd draft pick that only started his last 2 yrs in college. With every other team besides the Pats, the best player has to play in order to win, which is the main objective.

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterNorth09 viewpost.gif

You have to think big picture. We need to find out about Kellen now. Not 3 years from now when Chad's shoulder is finally busted for good.

EXactly.

Or you find yourself in a similar situation like with Chad. A player that sits on the bench for two years into his third. Finally gets a start, shows some potential a second before his contract expires.

you have to wonder when the enemy is whispering this into your ear if its really good advice.

Pennington gives the Jets the best shot at winning.

Leon Washington is going to be a GREAT running back

Vilma is going to produce as an ILB once we get a true NT

J.Miller is a great KR but still has alot of potential as a CB... Look at what Mangini did in NE with T.Brown who is nowhere near as explosive as Miller... Miller just has to work on turning around when the ball is in the air

M.Nugent is turning into one of the best kickers in the NFL... Worth the draft pick.

And S.Ellis is underated... One of the best run stuffing DE's in the game... He still has a good 3-4 seasons to beable to perform at a high level if not much longer.

Hey DWC nice post. keep it up. don't listen to the ballbusters. and btw here's a new avatar you can use:

homer.jpg

You have to understand the big picture. We need to win games now and in the future, the only way we win games is by playing the best player. If Clemens proves to be the best QB on our roster in Training Camp, then we should put him in and see how he does. If he is beat out by both Pennington and Tui in camp, he should be a 3rd QB. The best player plays, thats the strategy you have to go by if you want to win games.

Ok, here's the big picture and while I hate to sound like Barton and 124 this is one of the few things they're right about: The Jets are not going to win a Super Bowl with Chad Pennington.

At least not in the state they are in right now. They don't have a dominant defense. Actually, I wouldn't even consider their defense to be good. Players like Robertson and Vilma don't fit Mangini's schemes. The offense has some good, albeit not great playmakers and the offensive line, for all intents and purposes, is average. If the Jets are ever going to win a Super Bowl they need to upgrade at QB.

As much as I love Chad he is not a good enough QB to win 12-13 games in a tough schedule with the team we have now. Sure, he can win 8-10 games with the cupcake-fest we had last year but against a much tougher schedule and the playoffs it will be a different story.

Do I believe in Kellen? No, but I at least want to find out what we have in this guy now before it's too late. Sh*t, it might be too late already considering we already passed up on Leinart, Cutler and Quinn. Let's find out now if Kellen is the real deal. If Kellen plays this year and is a scrub, at least we can use this upcoming off-season to sign another QB or get one in the draft.

Ok, here's the big picture and while I hate to sound like Barton and 124 this is one of the few things they're right about: The Jets are not going to win a Super Bowl with Chad Pennington.

At least not in the state they are in right now. They don't have a dominant defense. Actually, I wouldn't even consider their defense to be good. Players like Robertson and Vilma don't fit Mangini's schemes. The offense has some good, albeit not great playmakers and the offensive line, for all intents and purposes, is average. If the Jets are ever going to win a Super Bowl they need to upgrade at QB.

As much as I love Chad he is not a good enough QB to win 12-13 games in a tough schedule with the team we have now. Sure, he can win 8-10 games with the cupcake-fest we had last year but against a much tougher schedule and the playoffs it will be a different story.

Do I believe in Kellen? No, but I at least want to find out what we have in this guy now before it's too late. Sh*t, it might be too late already considering we already passed up on Leinart, Cutler and Quinn. Let's find out now if Kellen is the real deal. If Kellen plays this year and is a scrub, at least we can use this upcoming off-season to sign another QB or get one in the draft.

Exactly.

Great post. A majority of Jets fans seems to be happy to continue their path of mediocrisy.

Jets fans think they are next, but the sad thing is, the team that will probably supplant the Patriots as the Kings of the AFC East will be the Phins or Jills.

The Jets are a good team at a time their is a great team in the division. Bad timing. By the time Belichick and Brady retire in 3-5-10 years, the Jets time will have come and went.

Exactly.

Great post. A majority of Jets fans seems to be happy to continue their path of mediocrisy.

Jets fans think they are next, but the sad thing is, the team that will probably supplant the Patriots as the Kings of the AFC East will be the Phins or Jills.

The Jets are a good team at a time their is a great team in the division. Bad timing. By the time Belichick and Brady retire in 3-5-10 years, the Jets time will have come and went.

How can you possibly think the Bills or the Fins would step up before the Jets?

And why do you think Jets fans are so happy with their "path of mediocrity"....we all know Pats fans are used to and expect nothing less than excellence but Im curious as to why you would say such a thing unless you're just taking a shot at jets fans.

And lets leave history out of it because we arent allowed to use history as examples.

Exactly.

Why will our time have come and gone? Cause Pennington will be retiring?

Archived