Call me a Homer all you want.

Pennington gives the Jets the best shot at winning.

Leon Washington is going to be a GREAT running back

Vilma is going to produce as an ILB once we get a true NT

J.Miller is a great KR but still has alot of potential as a CB... Look at what Mangini did in NE with T.Brown who is nowhere near as explosive as Miller... Miller just has to work on turning around when the ball is in the air

M.Nugent is turning into one of the best kickers in the NFL... Worth the draft pick.

And S.Ellis is underated... One of the best run stuffing DE's in the game... He still has a good 3-4 seasons to beable to perform at a high level if not much longer.

Why? I think I have started enough within the past couple days

Sarcasm from Greek σαρκασμός (sarkasmos), 'mockery, sarcasm' is sneering, jesting, or mocking at a person, situation or thing. It is strongly associated with irony, with some definitions classifying it as a type of verbal irony intended to insult or wound[1]

I dont understand.. I mean, if you all want me to make more threads, I have no problem doing so... If you all want me to stop posting... I will, ill just read the threads if you all dislike me so much.

:rl:

Good lord, dude. you are a lost puppy. :rl:

J.Miller is a great KR but still has alot of potential as a CB... Look at what Mangini did in NE with T.Brown who is nowhere near as explosive as Miller... Miller just has to work on turning around when the ball is in the air

M.Nugent is turning into one of the best kickers in the NFL... Worth the draft pick.

And S.Ellis is underated... One of the best run stuffing DE's in the game... He still has a good 3-4 seasons to beable to perform at a high level if not much longer.

Penny gives you the best shot at winning what?

A game? Maybe.

10 games? Probably.

A division title? No.

A Superbowl? :rl:

Washington can be dynamic....a dynamic third down back. He is Kevin Faulk in a different color. Someone that is nice to have until he is a starter. They did not make that trade for Jones and at that price because Leon is going to be great.

You better hope they find a DL as good as the Patriots. Anyone that can score Tully Banta-Cain 12 million dollars can do wonders for Vilma. He is good, but he is a round peg filling a square hole.

Are you talking about Miller the CB or KR? The league is full of explosive CBs that struggle at CB. Look at Tebucky Jones the former Patriot; former Saint and once again Patriot. Am athletic CB coming out of college that struggled in the NFL went to safety and was average at best. In two years, Miller has been great on STs. He has been a bust on D.

Nugent made huge strides in his second year. However, he will never justify a 2nd round pick short of a HofF career.

Agree.

Good to very good. Hold yer horses there.

Negative. Vilma's style of play doesn't fit in a 3-4 scheme.

Agree, CB is a tough position to learn and we shouldn't give up on Miller learning it.

Agree Nugent will be an elite kicker. Disagree about the pick. The fact that Doug Jolley was involved in that deal still leaves a bad taste.

I like a Ellis and think he is a good player but I wouldn't put him on the level of Ty Warren or Richard Seymour, which is basically what you are doing.

OK, your a homo, I mean "homer". ;)

Are you talking about Miller the CB or KR? The league is full of explosive CBs that struggle at CB. Look at Tebucky Jones the former Patriot; former Saint and once again Patriot. Am athletic CB coming out of college that struggled in the NFL went to safety and was average at best. In two years, Miller has been great on STs. He has been a bust on D.

You don't seriously mean thta do you? the dude is 22 years old, and his only problem is getting a few too many penalty calls. To call him a huge bust is throwing him into the category of A. Carol, having seen that bum first hand puts Miller at a damn near pro bowl level. lol

I think Miller will be fine, maybe a ray mickens type, solid, not great, just solid.

Pennington does give the Jets the best shot at winning. That says more about the development, or lack of development of Kellen Clemens and the poor depth the team has at QB. This is his third year. He has a guy in front of him who posted 17 TDs and 16 INTs last season and there's no competition in the minds of his coaches. If he can't get a sniff, it's all you need to know.

Washington is not going to get the opportunity to be great. Even if he did, "great" is not the adjective any non-Jet fan would use to describe him.

Vilma has been producing. A true NT just makes it easier.

Nugent is a nice kicker. No more. The pick was a disaster.

Pennington does give the Jets the best shot at winning. That says more about the development, or lack of development of Kellen Clemens and the poor depth the team has at QB. This is his third year. He has a guy in front of him who posted 17 TDs and 16 INTs last season and there's no competition in the minds of his coaches. If he can't get a sniff, it's all you need to know.

Washington is not going to get the opportunity to be great. Even if he did, "great" is not the adjective any non-Jet fan would use to describe him.

Vilma has been producing. A true NT just makes it easier.

Nugent is a nice kicker. No more. The pick was a disaster.

Clemens is entering his 2nd season. He could take zero snaps this year and still be a great player. He is not yet on the clock.

Clemens is entering his 2nd season. He could take zero snaps this year and still be a great player. He is not yet on the clock.

My bad. I thought he was goign into year three. He still should be able to at least press Pennington. My point is still valid. If Clemens has what it takes, he'd have a legit shot this season. Pennington wasn't and isn't that good to enter camp as the unchallenged starter.

My bad. I thought he was goign into year three. He still should be able to at least press Pennington. My point is still valid. If Clemens has what it takes, he'd have a legit shot this season. Pennington wasn't and isn't that good to enter camp as the unchallenged starter.

I agree 100%.

But unfortunatetly there wont be a starting QB competition in camp this year because we made the playoffs last year with chad at QB.

I hope I am wrong. But thats my gut feeling.

I agree 100%.

But unfortunatetly there wont be a starting QB competition in camp this year because we made the playoffs last year with chad at QB.

I hope I am wrong. But thats my gut feeling.

Its because Mangini trusts Chad to be his QB and knows he gives him the best Chance to win...

There is no secret plan... and sure making the playoffs help Chad... but this is a new season... and if Kellen can outperform him... he will start...

The best player will be the starter.

Its because Mangini trusts Chad to be his QB and knows he gives him the best Chance to win...

There is no secret plan... and sure making the playoffs help Chad... but this is a new season... and if Kellen can outperform him... he will start...

The best player will be the starter.

There is no chance in hell kellen starts week 1, unless Chad is injured. There is no chance.

Week 8 if the Jets are 2-5? Maybe Kellen gets a chance then, maybe.

I only see Kellen possibly taking over in the latter portion of the season, between weeks 11-17.

There is no chance in hell kellen starts week 1, unless Chad is injured. There is no chance.

Week 8 if the Jets are 2-5? Maybe Kellen gets a chance then, maybe.

I only see Kellen possibly taking over in the latter portion of the season, between weeks 11-17.

I hope if the JETS are 2-5 Kellen will be putting the heat on Chad... otherwise the JETS better start looking around for another QB...

Lets see if Kellen can even lock up the #2 spot... reports have Tui finally showing some promise...

I hope if the JETS are 2-5 Kellen will be putting the heat on Chad... otherwise the JETS better start looking around for another QB...

Lets see if Kellen can even lock up the #2 spot... reports have Tui finally showing some promise...

I'm sorry, I wish I could say we have the next Joe Montana sitting on the sidelines, but untill we draft one, we really dont. Kellen was never a great Quarterback while playing in school, look at his stats, he's not that great... Not at all. And to be honest I dont see him being anything special in the NFL either.

We drafted Kellen in the 2nd round because of the Injurys Chad has gone through. If Chad stays healthy for the next 3-4 seasons, he should still be the starter as long as we keep making the playoffs. Kellen's contract may just expire before he gets a chance to sniff the field. The man is not ready and I dont see him as a BUST because he has not played, but I see him as a project that wont work out.

I don't care if Tui beats out Kellen in camp. We need to see this year if Kellen is the real deal or not. I'm not a Kellen-believer at all but I want to see if this guy is as good as the hype or if he's just a Jay Fiedler clone or worse.

I don't want to be hearing the same "Chad sucks, Kellen is a god, you just haven't seen it yet" crap three years from now. Let's find out now.

I don't care if Tui beats out Kellen in camp. We need to see this year if Kellen is the real deal or not. I'm not a Kellen-believer at all but I want to see if this guy is as good as the hype or if he's just a Jay Fiedler clone or worse.

I don't want to be hearing the same "Chad sucks, Kellen is a god, you just haven't seen it yet" crap three years from now. Let's find out now.

Dude, if he doesn't deserve to play, we're not going to play him. If he looks like the next Troy Aikmen or J. Elway at camp and Pennington looks like Ryan Leaf, Kellen will probably come out as the starting QB. Best player plays, thats how you win.

Dude, if he doesn't deserve to play, we're not going to play him. If he looks like the next Troy Aikmen or J. Elway at camp and Pennington looks like Ryan Leaf, Kellen will probably come out as the starting QB. Best player plays, thats how you win.

A question for you.

Has Chad Pennington played in an AFC Championship game?

You have to think big picture. We need to find out about Kellen now. Not 3 years from now when Chad's shoulder is finally busted for good.

You have to think big picture. We need to find out about Kellen now. Not 3 years from now when Chad's shoulder is finally busted for good.

EXactly.

Or you find yourself in a similar situation like with Chad. A player that sits on the bench for two years into his third. Finally gets a start, shows some potential a second before his contract expires.

I like Kellen alot, but if he can't beat out Tui, we have found out all we need to know

Archived