Brad Smith competing for back up QB spot

AFJF

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh, so its ok for people to say Brad Smith will win the #2 spot ahead of Clemens, Clemens sucks and Barton is an idiot, but its not good when Clemens beats out Smith for the #2 spot?

Gotcha.

And you're not foolin anyone, PN. You said yourself you want to see what Clemens has this season so we know if we need to draft another QB, or build around him if he's the real deal - and thats exactly my reasoning as well.

You guys are all saying Smith will beat out Clemens for the #2 spot, so naturally I'll bump this thread up when Clemens DOES beat out Smith (who really isnt competing for the spot, I think). Maybe you want to retract your predictions??

You mean does the minimum that would be expected of him?

Im going to start a thread when Vilma locks up the starting spot... :roll: ... lol

LOL...don't waste your time ecurb.....the Clemenader's attitude has become a little tart right now. They've gone from he's our 07 starter to ...you just wait till he secures the #2 spot over very weak competition.:)

After re reading the article and some of the comments posted here. I believe last year a lot of us were saying every time Smith gets behind center everyone knows it's going to be a run. So maybe this year with him getting more reps behind center and actually throwing the ball he will do so in a real game. Just an idea.

Agree. That hopefully makes him a much more lethal weapon.

Forget about Clemens becoming a superstar QB better than Matt Leinart, Jay Cutler, Vince Young and Brady Quinn. Now if he just wins the back-up spot he'll be considered a success. Talk about some lowered expectations.

Yes, because the backup QB will replace the starter once he is benched/injured again.

BTW, Chad was #2 his 2nd year, the ENTIRE year actually, AND into the 3rd season as well until Testaverde got benched. Also, Tom Brady was the #2 QB in his 2nd season. He didnt become the starter till Bledsoe got knocked out either.

• 2 weeks later...
Yes, because the backup QB will replace the starter once he is benched/injured again.

BTW, Chad was #2 his 2nd year, the ENTIRE year actually, AND into the 3rd season as well until Testaverde got benched. Also, Tom Brady was the #2 QB in his 2nd season. He didnt become the starter till Bledsoe got knocked out either.

As long as Chad Pennington stays healthy, he will be the starting Quarterback for the New York Jets for the next 3-4 years. Untill then KC will be competing for the backup position with a clip=board on sundays for years to come.

As long as Chad Pennington stays healthy, he will be the starting Quarterback for the New York Jets for the next 3-4 years. Untill then KC will be competing for the backup position with a clip=board on sundays for years to come.

But hey... What do I know? KC actually threw 3 TD's in a preseason game against players on the Falcons who are backups just like he is. Hey... I guess we have the next T.Brady baby!!! Wooo hooo!!!!!!

But hey... What do I know? KC actually threw 3 TD's in a preseason game against players on the Falcons who are backups just like he is. Hey... I guess we have the next T.Brady baby!!! Wooo hooo!!!!!!

You give yourself P oTW noms and talk to yourself... wow

Archived