madden 08 for 360

harris5214

Does anybody know if Madden 08 will have the Franchise mode in it? This would be the first Madden I would be buying for my 360 and am not sure if it has it or not.

Yes Madden 08 will have franchise in all versions this year... PS3, 360, PS2, ect as far as I know..

Will Madden 08 have the training camp mode prior to the season in the franchise mode? Also it really bothers me how the draft is before the free agent signing period? why would they do that? is it going to be like that in 08 to?

No idea on that stuff... go to the Madden/EA website... I think they have a forum where the guys who make the game will answer questions...

I'm not ready for 08' to come out yet. I drafted this ILB that I really like and have managed to get him progressed all the way up to a 99 overall. I just might have to recreate him for my 08 franchise.

I'm not ready for 08' to come out yet. I drafted this ILB that I really like and have managed to get him progressed all the way up to a 99 overall. I just might have to recreate him for my 08 franchise.

lol

(get a PS3) :lol:

Look how nice it looks... :)

madden.jpg

Is that pic running in 30 fps?......hehehe. Yea ALK, buy the ps3 over the xbox360 so you can have a madden thats twice as slow as the xbox360 version.......that would be logical. But, um, the future is with the ps3, the future. Think long term.

Is that pic running in 30 fps?......hehehe. Yea ALK, buy the ps3 over the xbox360 so you can have a madden thats twice as slow as the xbox360 version.......that would be logical. But, um, the future is with the ps3, the future. Think long term.

Twice as slow? lol

Thats not exactly what FPS means.. and if the PS3 is locked at 30fps it wouldnt be much different than the 360 with a variable 60fps...

You wont notice much of a difference anyways... Madden has never been 60fps before this year...

I do think long term. I have no intention of buying a system that is going to be outdated within two years and not able to play some of the better games that are coming out. When I actually have the money to buy one it's going to be the PS3. This is the first year of Madden on the PS3 so of course it's not going to be up to par. I remember the first Madden for PS2 and I'm sure you do too. It sucked.

I do think long term. I have no intention of buying a system that is going to be outdated within two years and not able to play some of the better games that are coming out. When I actually have the money to buy one it's going to be the PS3. This is the first year of Madden on the PS3 so of course it's not going to be up to par. I remember the first Madden for PS2 and I'm sure you do too. It sucked.

I'm afraid Ecurb has gotten you too. They are multiplying.

I'm afraid Ecurb has gotten you too. They are multiplying.

Look I have no agenda as I don't own either system. As a matter of fact, ecurb almost singlehandedly drove me away from the PS3. It's human nature for someone to defend what they have tooth and nail. I have neither and don't enjoy throwing money away on something that might not be the best down the road. That's why I have researched all of this. The fact that there are companies making games for the PS3 that won't even fit on a 360 disc is just about all I need to hear.

Sony's Phil Harrison on Madden on PS3 Only 30 FPS

"[pause] Well, I can only point to our own sports studio [doing a] 1080p, 60 frames-per-second basketball game, but I'm afraid I have no idea. We're providing some tools and technologies from our worldwide studio's core technology groups to 3rd parties now, as well. You may remember something from GDC, we announced this thing called EDGE and that's now widely deployed within the 3rd party community, and that is clearly improving the developer's ability to maximize what the CELL processor does. Hopefully, that will assist folks like EA. It would concern me if the platform was incapable of doing it, but we've proven the platform is capable of doing it, so it's not a PlayStation 3 issue. I'm trying to be polite."

Sony's Phil Harrison on Madden on PS3 Only 30 FPS

"[pause] Well, I can only point to our own sports studio [doing a] 1080p, 60 frames-per-second basketball game, but I'm afraid I have no idea. We're providing some tools and technologies from our worldwide studio's core technology groups to 3rd parties now, as well. You may remember something from GDC, we announced this thing called EDGE and that's now widely deployed within the 3rd party community, and that is clearly improving the developer's ability to maximize what the CELL processor does. Hopefully, that will assist folks like EA. It would concern me if the platform was incapable of doing it, but we've proven the platform is capable of doing it, so it's not a PlayStation 3 issue. I'm trying to be polite."

I saw that... it was very funny... he was basically trying to say... "ea is a bunch of lazy ****s" lol

EA needs to get their act together... they could have the best games... but they choose to have crappy products...

I saw that... it was very funny... he was basically trying to say... "ea is a bunch of lazy ****s" lol

EA needs to get their act together... they could have the best games... but they choose to have crappy products...

I've seen the game play videos for madden and while I believe it will be a solid game as usual, it just seems to be lacking too. No on field referees? no nets behind the FG posts? no chain crew. Come on EA....

I've seen the game play videos for madden and while I believe it will be a solid game as usual, it just seems to be lacking too. No on field referees? no nets behind the FG posts? no chain crew. Come on EA....

And still no ambulance!!!! Come on EA, bring back the ambulance!!! There was nothing like the genesis in madden 92 where the ambulance would come onto the field and run everyone over just to take someone who got destroyed on the field. Those were the days.

Not to mention the players on the sideline look really stupid...

Oh well... it still a very fun game... it just has a TON of potential..

And still no ambulance!!!! Come on EA, bring back the ambulance!!! There was nothing like the genesis in madden 92 where the ambulance would come onto the field and run everyone over just to take someone who got destroyed on the field. Those were the days.

That was the best. The player is lying motionless on the field and the ambulance just runs the f#ck over him as the crowd gasps.

That was the best. The player is lying motionless on the field and the ambulance just runs the f#ck over him as the crowd gasps.

I liked Madden (05' I think?) for the PS2... it had all of the new features... that ESPN radio thingy... it seemed fully loaded... create a stadium....

Now they have just ruined it...

Ok, so I'm not the only old fart that was playing Madden 92 on the Genesis. I still think till this day that Madden 92 and Madden 93 are the best Madden football games ever produced. I wish they would still put the effort into their games like they used to. Ah well, I can dream.

How about the first Madden for the genesis (i think the first 3 also had this but the first one definitely did) where if you played a tournament at half time of your game and at the end of the game they would show highlights of the otehr games played. That was very impressive for a system like genesis, nearly 20 years later with the ridiculous systems we have to day and EA keeps going lazy on us.

Archived