"Everything is as it should be..." Edition of Post of the Week - August 2, 2007

GreenBeans

So, the Bot is gone (I pressed the delete button on the whole project - but I'm not sure he's really gone...) and the Bean is back with POTW. I'm glad to be back in saddle, so to speak, after two busy weeks and the start of training camp for the 07-08 NFL season. It sure is nice to have football back here at JN. :D

On with the nominations...

-----

Topic: Nimoy to Reprise Spock Role in Trek Film

Originally Posted by Green DNA

Does the Starship Enterprise have an assisted living community?

(Editor's Note: They send you to Genesis and Phil Collins sings for you whenever you want with Chaka "Khan".)

-----

Originally Posted by Sperm Edwards

hermtcsignzr2.gif

(Editor's Note: Hehehehe - no argument from me. That sign is spot on.)

-----

Runner-up of the Week Sponsored by Forrest, Forrest Gump

Topic: Welcome sign at TC in KC? (+ caption this picture)

Originally Posted by Bill Parcells

What an a-hole, look at me everybody!

Originally Posted by Scott Dierking

Gentlemen, you can take this as a sign. Now, there are all kinds of signs in life. Some signs tell you where to go. Other signs tell you how much you have to pay for socks.

The art of reading signs and understanding them is a very complicated one. That is why they have signtists. Lia has told me that she has read magazine articles that signtists have very hard jobs. There are chemists, rocket signtists, pediatricians. Signtists come in all forms.

Just like football players. One man was made to be a quarterback. Another was made to be a punter. That is a sign. I am not a very smart man, but that is one thing I know.

(Editor's Note: All this post is missing is a "Jen-ney" and a "Peas and carrots" reference...)

-----

Originally Posted by ecurb2369

hermbbq1dd8.gif

(Editor's Note: Double word score for the "Dick Curl" reference - niiiiiiiiice!)

-----

Topic: Brad Smith competing for back up QB spot

Originally Posted by mdrago4

Lots of INT's, but other than that the dude's numbers were insane. 18 rushing TD's in his first year? they only play 11 or 12 games.

Originally Posted by joebabyny

Maybe they are hyping him up to try and sucker atlanta into a trade?

(Editor's Note: Brad Smith is twice as good as Mike Vick - he wears number 16 after all...)

-----

Topic: Kendall with 2nd team - Put in a rookie dormitory

Originally Posted by raffyD

Next we're going to hear that Kendall woke up with a horses head in his bed.

(Editor's Note: Or a wild boar's head in his bed? Perhaps we know the reason for Schlegal after all now. Hmmmmm.....)

-----

Originally Posted by Gainzo

I saw on the news tonight that there is a scandal at NASA over astronauts showing up for shuttle launches half in the bag.

Way to go USA Space Program!

Originally Posted by Bob

How's that Australian space program coming along?

(The comeback: "We don't have a space program as we are drunk most of the time!" - Gainzo)

(Editor's Note: The Aussies have plenty of space between the shrimps on the barbie, mate.)

-----

Originally Posted by Alk

I think you misheard. What they really said was "DON'T HIT ANY WOMEN ON THE WAY TO THE ENDZONE MILLER!"

Originally Posted by Thor99

He promises not to hit any women until Sept. 9th.

(Editor's Note: Corner blitz?)

-----

Topic: Brad Smith competing for back up QB spot

Originally Posted by serphnx

Heh heh, when Clemens gets beaten out by Smith, will Barton finally give up? We know last year Ramsey beat him out, and earlier indications were that Tiu (I'm not typing that entire thing out) was beating him out for the #2. Now when Brad Smith beats them both out for the #2, Clemens will struggle to get the #3 spot, and if he fails in that too we can finally cut him.

This is why Jaws is not an NFL GM. "Best QB in the draft" my ass.

(Editor's Note: Too early to anoint he the heir apparent, too early to say he's a bust. That said, Brad Smith will be the #3 (like Tom Tupa - it saves a roster spot) this year...)

-----

Originally Posted by TaborJet

Justin Miller returns a kickoff. Overheard were shouts of "TAKE IT TO DA HOUSE MILLER!"

justinmillerbm2.jpg

Originally Posted by Smizzy

I have a great idea....

In each endzone...we should have a police siren. Just to inspire him to run faster when he takes the kickoff!

(Editor's Note: Don't do that, he'll end up getting caught from behind every time...)

-----

Topic: Benson say Jones punched him

Originally Posted by ShadowJet35

jones.jpg

You guys have alot of fuggin' mouth, I want to see one of you cyber fags take a punch in the face from this guy.

(Editor's Note: I would not mess with TJ, that dude is freakin' ripped up.)

-----

Originally Posted by Barton

You didnt like the 2004 season write up?

Originally Posted by Ten

I don't like the fact that you've used a wiki dedicated to the jets history to further your own twisted agenda against Chad Pennington.

(Editor's Note: I'm not thrilled about it either, but Barton gets credit for having facts in the wiki article. I don't happen to agree with his conclusions, however.)

-----

Originally Posted by Garb

Bring Back TX! Bring Back TX! Bring Back TX!

Someone wants bad off the "most annoying pats poster" list at numero uno.

(The Response: "Whaaa? I wear the title of most annoying Patsie Poster with pride.....atop my high horse, of course. " - Garb)

(Editor's Note: No one will ever win POTW by talking about MY Garbie that way. God what I'd give to be that high horse...)

-----

Topic: ATTENTION : JETNATION GUESTS

Originally Posted by BwanaZulia

If I register again, will Smizzy stop bugging me?

BZ

(Editor's Note: I'm going to be suspicious if I see a new user named ZuliaBwana...)

-----

Topic: And the Pats get thinner at DB...

Originally Posted by Barton

Maybe this is the year Brady goes down......

Originally Posted by Alk

According to you Jets fans, Brady has been going down for years. Oh, you were talking about an injury...

(Editor's Note: That's freaking hysterical - a Pats fan crackin' on his QB by quoting Jets fans. This is why Alk is awesome...)

-----

Topic: Chad named JETS choice for Payton M.O.T.Y

Originally Posted by RSJ

I wonder if Brady was nominated. lol!

Originally Posted by greengal

i dont think knocking up women is criteria for service to the community.

OY!

(Editor's Note: That's my greengal right there. ;) I'd like to nominate Brady for the "Sean Kemp 'Man' of the Year award"...)

-----

Originally Posted by Jet Moses

Only Barton could take a thread about Rich Kotite - RICH KOTITE!- and hijack it and turn it into YET ANOTHER "I hate Chad so much, I hate him, I hate him, I hate him" thread.

Barton is to Chad Pennington what Jan was to Marcia.

(Editor's Note: "Well, all day long at school I hear how great Marcia is at this or how wonderful Marcia did that! Marcia, Marcia, Marcia!")

-----

Originally Posted by ecurb2369

This is why the NUUUGEEE thinks you should have him on your fantasy team...

NFPKQaXAdL4

Great Video!

Originally Posted by Ten

Hehe,I wonder if he could of still made those kicks if the bins were put in the endzone and not on the 5 yard line.

(Editor's Note: I doubt it, he'd end up bouncing them about 4 yards short. Great video, though.)

-----

Originally Posted by Deb

New Colts Defensive Scheme To Emphasize Tackling Ball Carrier

TERRE HAUTE, IN--The Indianapolis Colts won the Super Bowl last year with a run defense that was widely considered the worst in all of football. The Colts allowed 173 yards per game at a staggering 5.3 yards per carry. This year, the coaching staff is experimenting with a new defensive scheme which will put more emphasis on apprehending and tackling the person carrying the football.

Defensive coach Ron Meeks said the new scheme was

It is a work in progress, indeed. During a Tuesday morning drill, several defenders were seen running away from the ball carrier instead of running towards him. At one point, linebacker Rob Morris dove out of the way as tailback Joseph Addai approached him.

Morris injured himself on the play and was held out of the rest of practice as a precautionary measure.

Morris did admit that he felt the Colts' old scheme was

The Colts run defense did improve in the postseason when they faced the Chiefs, Ravens, and Patriots. However, many around the league, including the Colts

When asked if his new defensive scheme would take away from the Colts ferocious pass rush, Dungy said he didn

(Editor's Note: Hehehe - your World Champion Colts...)

-----

(The Advice - "Welcome Deb - this place is pretty entertaining. The management and at least 1 of the moderators are self admitted bi-sexuals (although I believe full homo) And not that there's anything wrong with that - but it leads into many a ribald thread usually stemming from some unrequited tryst with other board members.

But you're safe - you're a lady. Have fun and convert - J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets." - NJ)

Originally Posted by NJ

I didn't want her bailing out thinking the whole place was like that.

Whatever dude, the inmates run this joint!! ATTICA ATTICA ATTICA ATTICA, HOT SOUP MOTHER$$$$ER! ATTICA ATTICA ATTICA!!!!!!!!!!!!

(The Nomination: "LOL POTW nom...Joe you're going to win a POTW one of these days if I can help it" - SoFlaJets)

(Editor's Note: Not this week either, Bridesmaid. :D)

-----

Originally Posted by SoFlaJets

holy crap ec I just noticed you're primed up to overtake me in number of posts-how long you been here?

(Editor's Note: I think ec has only missed 7 hours total since his arrival...)

-----

Originally Posted by joewilly

welcome deb. i've read you're posts so far.you are the breast cowboy fan this board ever sawed.

if you're currently residing in texas & see patsfantx around can you please tell him he's still banned?

(The Image: "image.php?u=2651&dateline=1185997298)

(Editor's Note: This is what joewilly does best right here - classic stuff!)

-----

Topic: Moss Injures his hammy

Originally Posted by Jetman67

http://officialnewenglandpatriots.wo...pulls-up-lame/

Patriots Football Weekly, the official newspaper of the (duh) New England Patriots reports that receiver Randy Moss injured his left hamstring while attempt to run down an overthrown flea-flicker pass at practice on Wednesday

It gets Even Better, Its Bradys Fault according to Moss and the boston Globe.

http://www.boston.com/sports/footbal.../reiss_pieces/

Originally Posted by CrazyCarl40

Come on. Tom Brady could stab Randy Moss to death and it wouldn't be the "Golden Boy's" fault. And Moss would be listed as day to day.

(Editor's Note: Hehehe - it's the Patriot way - steal from dying old men, cheat when you can, and lie about everything.)

-----

Originally Posted by Jetman67

Ya Know I really hate Chowds!!!

Originally Posted by GreenMachine

Yet you sleep with a bi-polar one.

Originally Posted by CrazyCarl40

Does that count as a threesome?

(Editor's Note: Only if Jetman's on his meds, otherwise it's a full-blown orgy.)

-----

Topic: lolSC.......

lol sarcasm

Originally Posted by Boozer76

Haha, that's way off from what I thought it was. I thought it was lol stupid c*nt!!

(Editor's Note: That's what it means when Gainzo types it - other wise it's what Smizzle says...)

-----

Originally Posted by johnny green balls

lol good point. i think max "wins" this one though.

Next Item: snorting a line of live fire ants (yes, ozzy osbourne did this for free).

i say $700,000 to start.

Originally Posted by TaborJet

I would rather do this than go down on Rosie. Full price!

(Editor's Note: EEEEEEEEEEEEEEewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww of the week...)

-----

Originally Posted by jetsrule128

you should watch housecalls ****** hosts every thursday

who hosts it?

(The Nomination: "potw seems like JN has a new dirty word! i'll give you a hint, rhymes with gaysar." - johnny green balls)

(Editor's Note: Ha - I kept this in because it's BEAUTIFUL.:D)

-----

Topic: RB Alvin Banks

Originally Posted by Jetlag

It feels like I read about how bad he is everyday. How long before this scrub is cut from the team?

Originally Posted by Stonehands

Why would you cut him? He has done an amazing job building the confidence our defensive players.

(Editor's Note: Maybe they should return Alvin to the Chipmonks for a player to be named or cash considerations...)

-----

And this week's winner:

Originally Posted by jetophile

Here's my gripe with Kendall. I thought he was a good pick up at the time. He did a serviceable job. In the end, I could have done without the public bellyaching. It didn't help him or his cause, and who wants to hear that? Him and Jason Taylor should go out for drinks together. You know, to discuss the fine art of 'wah'.

You want opinions, JetNation has opinions. Congratulations to jetophile for her outstanding post concerning the Pete Kendall situation. This type of post is what JetNation is all about (at least to me it is) - opinions about the Jets from the teams fans that are on target and fun! So, Ms. 'phile, wear the POTW badge with pride this week:

potw.jpg

The Assist(s) of the Week go to Jetcane and Lawngnome-O-Line for their continued outstanding training camp reports. These guys, in my opinion, provide better reports than most of the local writers out at Hofstra. A tip of the cap to you guys, your work is much appreciated by this legume.

That's all we got for this week folks, thanks for having me back and thank you to the Bot for helping me out these past few weeks.

Y'all be cool...

gb

It's good to see a human legume doing the potw again. i'm sick of having to deal with these automated fruits. There aint no substitute for a good legume.

Thanks for the AOTW, GB.

Congrats, phile. Is your potw cherry gone now?

And this week's winner:

You want opinions, JetNation has opinions. Congratulations to jetophile for her outstanding post concerning the Pete Kendall situation. This type of post is what JetNation is all about (at least to me it is) - opinions about the Jets from the teams fans that are on target and fun! So, Ms. 'phile, wear the POTW badge with pride this week:

potw.jpg

gb

I knew when I nominated this post it was the POTW,Glad it got the credit it deserved. Well done Jetophile!

It's good to see a human legume doing the potw again. i'm sick of having to deal with these automated fruits. There aint no substitute for a good legume.

Thanks for the AOTW, GB.

Congrats, phile. Is your potw cherry gone now?

Thanks JC - you 'da man.

I knew when I nominated this post it was the POTW,Glad it got the credit it deserved. Well done Jetophile!

Good nomination, Smiz - she hit the nail on the head with that post.

I see SFJ is trying to get joebaby a POTW award...tell me...has ecurb won such an award? youd think with over 10 thousand posts in about a half a year one of those gems would get the coveted Bean Award.

hmmm??? :box:

Quality > Quantity in almost (that's right almost) every case. ;)

I see SFJ is trying to get joebaby a POTW award...tell me...has ecurb won such an award? youd think with over 10 thousand posts in about a half a year one of those gems would get the coveted Bean Award.

hmmm??? :box:

I have won once... and it was on a Tom Brady is gay joke!

congrats jetophile, one of the most underrated posters here for sure.

nice job, GB-- i'm gonna try to make it to amedos for the jets/jints game Oct. 7th if i can make it back from my brother's wedding the day before in the outer banks. although i'll have my wife (we'll be hitched then) in tow and she's a giants/yanks fan. :smilies2_puke:

i'm gonna try to make it to amedos for the jets/jints game Oct. 7th if i can make it back from my brother's wedding the day before in the outer banks. although i'll have my wife (we'll be hitched then) in tow and she's a giants/yanks fan. :smilies2_puke:

Sweet! I'll look forward to seeing you there, kiddo!

Beans should win POTW for his comments IN the POTW thread-

I liked this one;(Editor's Note: They send you to Genesis and Phil Collins sings for you whenever you want with Chaka "Khan".)

;) Gotta be a little older to appreciate that one, SoFla. :lol:

jp rocks! :D she has more wit in her pinky then most posters have in their whole selves!

gb is THE MAN ...plain and simple. ;)

jp is awesome and you're way too nice to the other clown you mentioned. :D

Sweet! I'll look forward to seeing you there, kiddo!

;) Gotta be a little older to appreciate that one, SoFla. :lol:

yea GB we need the picture of Kirk with his fists clenched looking up yelling KHHAAAANNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Everything as it should be? Beans you have not heard the last from your little bot project. Sure public opinion is in your favor now. But you will screw up and then they will all cry for the bot again. Consistency, that's what us bots are all about. You have work, life and other stuff to worry about. You will tank one of these selections and POTW_Bot will be there to save the day. The backup QB is never more than one play away. Same goes here. I will accept my backup status for now Beans. For now.

Everything as it should be? Beans you have not heard the last from your little bot project. Sure public opinion is in your favor now. But you will screw up and then they will all cry for the bot again. Consistency, that's what us bots are all about. You have work, life and other stuff to worry about. You will tank one of these selections and POTW_Bot will be there to save the day. The backup QB is never more than one play away. Same goes here. I will accept my backup status for now Beans. For now.

:rl:

Get out of this thread!

Jeto, congrats! I know you hate me! :(

Beans, great job again!

I'm glad you are there for me, 'bot - I'll forget about the delete button for now. For now.

Archived