Mangini to Herm DRAFTS

drago

First off, i'm not giving Herm credit for the 2000 draft, since Parcells got him all those picks.

Here they are for the Herm (just contributors)

Santana Moss

LaMont Jordan

Kareem McKenzie

Bryan Thomas

Jon McGraw

Chris Baker

Dewayne Robertson

Victor Hobson

BJ Askew

Brooks Bollinger

J Vilma

Derrick Straight

Jerricho Cotchery

Adrian Jones

Erik Coleman

Rashard Washington

Mike Nugent

Justin Miller

Sione Pouha

These don't inclue the horrible trades he made to get some of these guys, (i.e. robertson, trading for jolley, kicker in the second round)

In just two years with Mangini

D'Brick Fergesun

Nick Mangold

Kellen Clemens

Eric Smith

Brad Smith

Leon Washington

Drew Coleman

Revis (?)

David Harris

Jacob Bender

Chansi Stuckey

In two years Mangini has drafted as many good players as Herm did in 5. BTW, how did we get Wright? i missed that one.

The Herm era jets drafted very well...

I would never say 'very well', but not as well as we have done in the past two (seemingly). He wasn't horrible, i just enjoy watching our draft picks get to see the field.

remember herm drafted Cotch...but cotch wasn't that good in 05.

:confused0006:

I would never say 'very well', but not as well as we have done in the past two (seemingly). He wasn't horrible, i just enjoy watching our draft picks get to see the field.

remember herm drafted Cotch...but cotch wasn't that good in 05.

:confused0006:

The only player the jets have drafted the last 2 years who we know is going to be a star is Mangold. The Herm jets drafted Vilma Nuge Cotchery Rhodes Moss Thomas McKenzie ect. Thats A LOT of good players.

First off, i'm not giving Herm credit for the 2000 draft, since Parcells got him all those picks.

Here they are for the Herm (just contributors)

Santana Moss

LaMont Jordan

Kareem McKenzie

Bryan Thomas

Jon McGraw

Chris Baker

Dewayne Robertson

Victor Hobson

BJ Askew

Brooks Bollinger

J Vilma

Derrick Straight

Jerricho Cotchery

Adrian Jones

Erik Coleman

Rashard Washington

Mike Nugent

Justin Miller

Sione Pouha

These don't inclue the horrible trades he made to get some of these guys, (i.e. robertson, trading for jolley, kicker in the second round)

In just two years with Mangini

D'Brick Fergesun

Nick Mangold

Kellen Clemens

Eric Smith

Brad Smith

Leon Washington

Drew Coleman

Revis (?)

David Harris

Jacob Bender

Chansi Stuckey

In two years Mangini has drafted as many good players as Herm did in 5. BTW, how did we get Wright? i missed that one.

Wright i believe was undrafted FA last yr who we stuck on the practice squad....Same with Tutt and Frisman Jackson.

Wright i believe was undrafted FA last yr who we stuck on the practice squad....Same with Tutt and Frisman Jackson.

The success or failure of the 2006 draft will depend on Clemens, IMO. For sure, Leon and Mangold are off to very good starts but the rest are far from proven commodities. In fact, Eric Smith's career might be in jeopardy as we speak.

The success or failure of the 2006 draft will depend on Clemens, IMO. For sure, Leon and Mangold are off to very good starts but the rest are far from proven commodities. In fact, Eric Smith's career might be in jeopardy as we speak.

Got to disagree with ya a bit here Bro.

As you mentioned both Mangold, and Washington are starters. Good starters. I know everyone thinks that Jones is going to be the starting RB. He will be, and I'm very happy about that.

Washington is going to be a more valuable player, and I believe have more total yards then Jones.

Last night was a good example.

The Falcons drove the field, and scored a TD.

The following KO Washington take the KO 84 yards, and bang, tie game.

That's the kind of thing Washington is going to do.

Just with those two players, that was a good draft.

Smith has a hammy. Why is his career in jeopardy as we speak? He has a hammy.

He will be a good player. His problem has been injuries. He may or may not overcome that. If he does, this will be a great draft.

If Clemens continues to put up the kind of #'s he put up last night, this will be the greatest draft the Jets have had in recent memory.

With that said, I'm not sold on Clemens. I loved the pick when the Jets made it. I'm just not real sold on the kid.

The #'s from last nights game defy what I just watched. I didn't get the game, but my cousin just gave me a copy of it.

That pass to Jmac was ****house luck. The kid for sure has problems with his feet. A lot of his balls looked worst then Chad's.

He's still a year away. If he clicks...........................

As I said I like the kid a lot. This was one game

The 06 draft is already a good draft

I will sort of agree with you... and help back you up...

Here are players that would have/could make an impact on the JETS today... and were drafted just after Kellen...

Marcus McNeill (Oline)

Ryan Cook (Oline)

Greg Jennings WR

Andrew Whitworth (Oline) HE IS 339lbs... and is a starter

Chris Chester (oline)

Devin Hester

Richard Marshall 3INTS and 70+ tackles his rookie year

Maurice Jones-Drew

If Kellen becomes a true starting QB none of that matters.. starting QB is a tough guy to find in the draft...

Here are players that would have/could make an impact on the JETS today... and were drafted just after Kellen...

Marcus McNeill (Oline)

Ryan Cook (Oline)

Greg Jennings WR

Chris Chester (oline)

Devin Hester

Maurice Jones-Drew

If Kellen becomes a true starting QB none of that matters.. starting QB is a tough guy to find in the draft...

I'm way to lazy to do this, but I guarantee you that I could take any team, any year, and show their 1st round pick, then come up with a list of players that were taken behind them that were apparently, 1 year later, better players.

Lets look at Tom Brady.

By your logic, all the other 31 teams had a very bad draft because New England got very, very, very lucky with a guy who they put a 6th round value on.

Nah, the other 31 didn't have bad drafts, NE just got lucky

I'm way to lazy to do this, but I guarantee you that I could take any team, any year, and show their 1st round pick, then come up with a list of players that were taken behind them that were apparently, 1 year later, better players.

Lets look at Tom Brady.

By your logic, all the other 31 teams had a very bad draft because New England got very, very, very lucky with a guy who they put a 6th round value on.

I agree that you cant analyze a draft based on the guys a team passed up. But I wasnt doing that. I also agree with you that Leon and Mangold alone make this a pretty solid draft (assuming health and long careers). But if Ferguson (the first pick) and Clemens (second round) fail, along with Schlegel and Eric Smith (the third round picks) then it cannot be considered a great draft. I like Eric Smith and hope he makes it but he was injured in college and has had some knee issues prior to injuring his hamstring the other day - and it wouldnt surprise me if this hamstring injury is in fact a knee.

Needless to say I hope all of these guys pan out and have long beautiful Jet careers. In any event, we are in very good hands with Mangini and Tannenbaum.

I agree that you cant analyze a draft based on the guys a team passed up. But I wasnt doing that. I also agree with you that Leon and Mangold alone make this a pretty solid draft (assuming health and long careers). But if Ferguson (the first pick) and Clemens (second round) fail, along with Schlegel and Eric Smith (the third round picks) then it cannot be considered a great draft. I like Eric Smith and hope he makes it but he was injured in college and has had some knee issues prior to injuring his hamstring the other day - and it wouldnt surprise me if this hamstring injury is in fact a knee.

Needless to say I hope all of these guys pan out and have long beautiful Jet careers. In any event, we are in very good hands with Mangini and Tannenbaum.

I've seen pictures of Smith since his injury. So have a lot of other people. Where he's taped It's a hammy.

your right though the main concern with E Smith is his injury history. The kid will be a steal.

If he can stay on the field.

I really don't think Ferguson is going to be in any way a bust. It's possible he won't be a perennial all pro, but I doubt he will be a bust.

Last season it was widely announced he gave up 10 sacks in 17 games.

He gave up what? Three in one game? After 10 games he had only given up 5 after playing against some pretty good DE's. The kid hit the proverbial rookie wall. he will be a good LT. Will he be great? We will have to wait a couple of years to see that.

I really don't think we disagree on that much. I just believe 06 is already a good draft with the possibility of being a great one.

I've seen pictures of Smith since his injury. So have a lot of other people. Where he's taped It's a hammy.

your right though the main concern with E Smith is his injury history. The kid will be a steal.

If he can stay on the field.

I really don't think Ferguson is going to be in any way a bust. It's possible he won't be a perennial all pro, but I doubt he will be a bust.

Last season it was widely announced he gave up 10 sacks in 17 games.

He gave up what? Three in one game? After 10 games he had only given up 5 after playing against some pretty good DE's. The kid hit the proverbial rookie wall. he will be a good LT. Will he be great? We will have to wait a couple of years to see that.

I really don't think we disagree on that much. I just believe 06 is already a good draft with the possibility of being a great one.

I didnt love the Ferguson pick but I understand it. the league is all about speed rushers and Ferguson has the right skill set to potentially stop these guys. Personally, I wanted Hawk with the pick but I think Mangini has a better idea of skill and value than I do :)

Lets look at Tom Brady.

2006 was an exceptional draft year. Guys with first-round & near first-round grades were going well into rounds 3 & 4. It's not like Whitworth, McNeill, or others ecurb mentioned were no-name diamonds-in-the-rough. Brady was a total surprise; these other guys aren't (other than perhaps how quickly McNeill dominated).

Given the talent available & the # of picks we had, I wasn't that impressed with our '06 draft. I love watching Leon run with the ball & Mangold is phenomenal. Other than those 2, no one excites me as a potential every-down player. Brick would have to be incredible for me to call this a great draft b/c so many great/future great players were passed on & the draft was so OT-rich. This was not at all like the player pool a year earlier or a year later. This draft was stacked.

IMG_1726.jpg

He's in the top right corner. This is from Wednesday night, one of the pics taken by gg when she deviated from her MILF photo assignment.

Wallace Wright was also a great undrafted Free Agent signing.

The Mangini Era in 2 drafts has had one bad pick and that was Anthony Schlegel. We'll see how Revis pans out, because it could be two if he ends up holding out the season and ends up somewhere else in 2008.

Wallace Wright was also a great undrafted Free Agent signing.

The Mangini Era in 2 drafts has had one bad pick and that was Anthony Schlegel. We'll see how Revis pans out, because it could be two if he ends up holding out the season and ends up somewhere else in 2008.

We'll get him signed...Even if it means caving in for 5 yrs. A GM would look like a total idiot for trading away 2 draft picks to move up 11 spots to draft a guy that ends up holding out for a year.

Whether or not we get him signed in time to play this season is a whole different issue.

Marcus McNeill (Oline)

Ryan Cook (Oline)

Greg Jennings WR

Chris Chester (oline)

Devin Hester

Maurice Jones-Drew

I don't like the Mcneil point, nobody knows how he will hold up, and tangini went with the safer selecting in Brick. I do not hold that against them by any means. Had we taken Hester, it wouldn't have made sense. We already have our 'project corner' and good to great kick returner in Miller. No sense in getting another.

Jones-drew would have not helped NEARLY as much as mangold. i wasn't at JN at the time of the draft but i wanted both brick and mangold going in, and have never second guessed it.

herm's era did draft pretty well. Mangini's will have drafted better once its all said and done IMO. the problem with herm's era, as we all know, is him never giving players a shot to actually play. (i'm still a bit surprised he let rhodes play at all when he kept brining in wash-ups or leaning on guys like Mcgraw)

We'll get him signed...Even if it means caving in for 5 yrs. A GM would look like a total idiot for trading away 2 draft picks to move up 11 spots to draft a guy that ends up holding out for a year.

Whether or not we get him signed in time to play this season is a whole different issue.

in being an optimist. Revis holding out for a few more weeks isn't 100% awful, at least he won't have any nagging injuries once he signs, and will be fresh if he is ready to go by week 5 or whenever it will be.

again, that's me being an optimist, but still, i think it holds some water.

Archived