NY Times re Kellen Clemens

Kentucky Jet

I thought Clemens played great. I was very impressed. In no way am I comparing him to a legend. But he looks a little like Marino back there. Same kinda sloppy footwork yet he surprises you with armstrength despite it.

I remember right after he was drafted Ron Jaworski was breaking down all the QB's that got drafted in the first round and he said after breaking down the film on Young / Leinert / Cutler and Clemmens he felt Clemmens would turn out to be the best QB of that class.....I'm not ready to annoint him the 2nd coming off of a solid pre-season outing but I do think at worst he's gonna develop into a solid QB and at best he could turn out to be special.....it's nice knowing if anything happens to Chad this year the season isn't necessarily lost.....

I thought Clemens played great. I was very impressed. In no way am I comparing him to a legend. But he looks a little like Marino back there. Same kinda sloppy footwork yet he surprises you with armstrength despite it.

And Browning Nagle looked like the second coming of Namath in '92 leading the Jets to a perfect 5-0 preseason record...last time I looked, the Jets hadn't retired Nagle's jersey jet.

Point is, what you see isn't always what you get...:character42:

Archived