Only in Texas

PatsFanTX

The crap that goes on down here never ceases to amaze me. :shock:

This is the next town over from where I live.

---------------------------------------------------------

Husband charged in golf cart death

Police say man failed sobriety test after his wife fell

By ERIC HANSON

Copyright 2005 Houston Chronicle

SUGAR LAND - A 62-year-old man has been charged with intoxication manslaughter in connection with the death of his wife, who fell from a golf cart a few blocks from their home.

Scott Honefenger, of the 600 block of Longview in Sugar Land, was charged in the death of Virginia Honefenger, 57.

Sugar Land police spokeswoman Pat Whitty said officers were sent to the corner of Montclair and Charleston about 5:50 p.m. Sunday in the Sugar Creek subdivision, where they found the woman on the street.

Whitty said Scott Honefenger told officers his wife fell from the vehicle and hit her head after he turned the cart sharply. She was taken by Life Flight helicopter to Houston Memorial Hermann Hospital, where she died about 8:30 p.m. Sunday.

Whitty said the couple was returning from a round of golf at the nearby country club when the incident happened.

Police administered a field sobriety test to the husband, which he failed, Whitty said. Honefenger then was taken to an area hospital, where a blood sample was taken to test for the presence of alcohol. Whitty said the results of the test were not available Monday.

Honefenger was arrested at the scene and transferred to the Fort Bend County Jail in Richmond. He appeared before a judge and was later released on $4,000 bail.

Intoxication manslaughter is a second-degree felony punishable by a two- to 20-year prison term and a fine not higher than $20,000.

Sugar Land police Sgt. Craig Bowers said it was legal for Honefenger to drive on a public street in a golf cart because state law allows operation of carts within a certain distance of a golf course.

The Harris County Medical Examiner's Office performed an autopsy, but the results were not immediately available, Bowers said.

You are a Pats fan, thus you are already destined to burn in hell, so feel free to let any comments rip.

I do not think being a Pats fan would doom me to internal damnation.

Selling my soul for a Sox championship on the other hand....... :wink:

Archived