joebabyny

lancemehl

Your thread, like all of these ridiculous Pennington threads is too long so I'll just say:

to bet that Chad will "be in the top 1/3 qb rating of all qbs who played at least 10 games this season."

is not fair when the guy is top 5 ALL TIME in completion %, I think he's #2 actually, I wish I wasn't so lazy and would just look it up,but it's hard to find,someone throw a bone. But so what? 1,2,3,4 or 5, so what?

ALL TIME

and I will repeat that mantra until it gets the replies it deserves. Our Starting QB is top 5 ALL TIME in completing passes.

That list includes Elway,Marino,Staubach,Bradshaw,Kelly,Favre,Fouts,Montana,Bart Starr,Joe willy,Unitas,Tarkenton,Plunkett,YA Title,Aikman,Theisman, help me out guys who else is he BETTER than when it comes to getting the football to guys and keeping drives alive???

Pennington has guided the Jets to a 21-16 record as the starting quarterback of the Jets (.568 winning percentage), the highest winning percentage in the history of the Club among starting quarterbacks.

Chad career numbers comp% 65.1(insane) 72 TD 46INT

(John Lennon singing....)

Imagine no shoulder injuries. Could you effing imagine no shoulder injuries? Which he played through. Ronnie Lott style, cut the finger off. Lance Mehl style,put the effing cast on and lets go.

Chad's a warrior.

If he hadn't gotten hurt or refused to play in 03 where he still completed 63.6%LOL but went 13td and 12int or refused to try the first 3 games in 05, the only time since he started that he was under 63.6% comp and went 2td and 3int

Imagine(can you hear John Lennon?),Imagine no injury,no rehab,just the real Chad, the 2002 :

68.9 comp%, 22TD 6 int's 104.2 QB rating

IMAGINE IMAGINE IMAGINE.

Well guys, I don't think we have to imagine. I think he's back to 100%, mentally tougher, wiser, respected by EVERYONE in the league and the team for his courage.

I can't get enough of that stat line

68.9 comp%, 22TD 6 int's 104.2 QB rating 2002 as a rookie besides the 4 starts in the last two years.

A winner*,

*see 1999 Marshall.

Here's a nice project for you stat junkies, we already know Chad is one of the best EVER TO PLAY THE GAME at getting the ball in the receivers hands.That's well documented.

But, stat junkies, go to your sites,please and find me a better season than Chad 2002, before the 2 injuries to his throwing shoulder.

Try to stay away from Marino,Elway or Farve, but you won't be able to,I promise you that.

But go ahead,find me a better stat line than Chad, 2002.By anyone ALLTIME.Here it is again:

Because he is one of the best all time, he got hurt during prime time.

Donnie Baseball comes to mind, but there are many who redeemed. Take Elway, for example, he was a loser until his last two years.

Chad's going into his second season as I see it.

Last season was a GREAT comeback year. 10-6 with no running game,Lmao, Barlow, hahaha he was funny."KB gonna get his shine" But he was still rehabbing to the tune of 10 wins.

This is his second season, though, yes, Him, Thunder(Tom Jones), and a "dink and dunkers" dream, Leon "Neon" Washington.

Oh yeah, dink=30 yards, dunk= 40 yards and a TD.

This was his first year:

68.9 comp%, 22TD 6 int's 104.2 QB rating anyone find me better yet?

Now is his second.

Can he top the first? Of course,is the Pope Catholic? He's got Coles and Mayor Cotch

help me out guys who else is he BETTER than when it comes to getting the football to guys and keeping drives alive???

When you say something like that, it makes it sound like you have not watched a Jets game in the last five years.

Your thread, like all of these ridiculous Pennington threads is too long so I'll just say:

to bet that Chad will "be in the top 1/3 qb rating of all qbs who played at least 10 games this season."

is not fair when the guy is top 5 ALL TIME in completion %, I think he's #2 actually, I wish I wasn't so lazy and would just look it up,but it's hard to find,someone throw a bone. But so what? 1,2,3,4 or 5, so what?

ALL TIME

and I will repeat that mantra until it gets the replies it deserves. Our Starting QB is top 5 ALL TIME in completing passes.

That list includes Elway,Marino,Staubach,Bradshaw,Kelly,Favre,Fouts,Montana,Bart Starr,Joe willy,Unitas,Tarkenton,Plunkett,YA Title,Aikman,Theisman, help me out guys who else is he BETTER than when it comes to getting the football to guys and keeping drives alive???

Pennington has guided the Jets to a 21-16 record as the starting quarterback of the Jets (.568 winning percentage), the highest winning percentage in the history of the Club among starting quarterbacks.

Imagine no shoulder injuries. Could you effing imagine no shoulder injuries? Which he played through. Ronnie Lott style, cut the finger off. Lance Mehl style,put the effing cast on and lets go.

Chad's a warrior.

If he hadn't gotten hurt or refused to play in 03 where he still completed 63.6%LOL but went 13td and 12int or refused to try the first 3 games in 05, the only time since he started that he was under 63.6% comp and went 2td and 3int

Imagine(can you hear John Lennon?),Imagine no injury,no rehab,just the real Chad, the 2002 :

IMAGINE IMAGINE IMAGINE.

Well guys, I don't think we have to imagine. I think he's back to 100%, mentally tougher, wiser, respected by EVERYONE in the league and the team for his courage.

68.9 comp%, 22TD 6 int's 104.2 QB rating 2002 as a rookie besides the 4 starts in the last two years.

A winner*,

*see 1999 Marshall.

Here's a nice project for you stat junkies, we already know Chad is one of the best EVER TO PLAY THE GAME at getting the ball in the receivers hands.That's well documented.

But, stat junkies, go to your sites,please and find me a better season than Chad 2002, before the 2 injuries to his throwing shoulder.

Try to stay away from Marino,Elway or Farve, but you won't be able to,I promise you that.

But go ahead,find me a better stat line than Chad, 2002.By anyone ALLTIME.Here it is again:

Donnie Baseball comes to mind, but there are many who redeemed. Take Elway, for example, he was a loser until his last two years.

Last season was a GREAT comeback year. 10-6 with no running game,Lmao, Barlow, hahaha he was funny."KB gonna get his shine" But he was still rehabbing to the tune of 10 wins.

This is his second season, though, yes, Him, Thunder(Tom Jones), and a "dink and dunkers" dream, Leon "Neon" Washington.

This was his first year:

Now is his second.

Can he top the first? Of course,is the Pope Catholic? He's got Coles and Mayor Cotch

Wow - I'm getting my plane tickets for Canton now. Whatya think? 2015? 2016? He's a shoe-in. Care to talk about teams he's beaten that ended the season with a winning record? Thats usually who you end up playing in the post season and the SB. I have all that data if you're interested.

ALL TIME

Chad's a warrior.

IMAGINE IMAGINE IMAGINE.

A winner*,

*see 1999 Marshall.

This was his first year:

Now is his second.

Whew! Talk about long !!!

ALL TIME

Chad's a warrior.

IMAGINE IMAGINE IMAGINE.

A winner*,

*see 1999 Marshall.

This was his first year:

Now is his second.

This post is longer than a Chad Pennington hail mary.

ALL TIME

Chad's a warrior.

IMAGINE IMAGINE IMAGINE.

A winner*,

*see 1999 Marshall.

This was his first year:

Now is his second.

I've always said that Chad moves the chains. But, having said that, Chad throws shorter passes than many other QB's. Stats don't tell the whole story. They are accurate , but do not necessarily portray a true picture. Pennington is a smart QB, and a serviceable one, but he's a Hummer, not a Cessna. He's a student of the game and will probably make a great coach which makes him a good QB for younger players and perfect for our need right now. Go Jets!

And my post was too long? lol

So why you calling me out? I think Chad is a fine qb, that is the point of my thread and bet.

Oh no,no joebabyny, you misunderstood. i am on your side. My point was that the "thread" was too long so you wouldn't see my reply, not your post.

I actually wanted to agree with your post! lol and ecurb's thousand posts! lol

I wasn't calling you out at all, my man. and, yes, My post was insanely long......I just can't help it. I can't stand to see this man get no respect.

Yes, I agree, my post is ridiculously long. like I said I just couldn't stop typing, but still no answer to my question.

I want someone to put up a stat line next to Chad's 2002 season that is comparable, and I bet the name is Elway, Marino or Farve.

Why did I pick 2002? because it was before the injury.

It's like talking Donnie Baseball 84,85 you know what I'm saying? The "Real" Don Mattingly and we all loved Don right up until that double against the Mariners in '95.

When he was a shell of himself and still the only player that showed up for that series.Because he's a winner.

Am I comparing Don Mattingly to Chad? You bet I am.

Except Don had 3 incredible years(pre-"needle in the a$$",that is.Now they look average) '84,'85,'86

Chad had only 1 to date. '02

Both were headed for greatness before their injuries, both will miss the Hall of Fame, both had the talent to be there. Both are lion-hearted, both never gave up, both should be respected by NY sports fans. One still has a chance to win it all(as a player).

Yes, I agree, my post is ridiculously long. like I said I just couldn't stop typing, but still no answer to my question.

I want someone to put up a stat line next to Chad's 2002 season that is comparable, and I bet the name is Elway, Marino or Farve.

Why did I pick 2002? because it was before the injury.

It's like talking Donnie Baseball 84,85 you know what I'm saying? The "Real" Don Mattingly and we all loved Don right up until that double against the Mariners in '95.

When he was a shell of himself and still the only player that showed up for that series.Because he's a winner.

Am I comparing Don Mattingly to Chad? You bet I am.

Except Don had 3 incredible years(pre-"needle in the a$$",that is.Now they look average) '84,'85,'86

Chad had only 1 to date. '02

Both were headed for greatness before their injuries, both will miss the Hall of Fame, both had the talent to be there. Both are lion-hearted, both never gave up, both should be respected by NY sports fans. One still has a chance to win it all(as a player).

I actually really like this poster, keep on posting man... Keep on posting.

Archived