How do awful movies keep getting made?

TomShane

So I'm flipping channels and I come upon this absolutely mind-boggling piece of crap "Malibu's Most Wanted" with Jamie Kennedy, where an unfunny white dude wants to be a rapper and he acts "black" and whatnot, I guess. I watch it for five minutes and I just have to ask myself, who the HELL is paying the millions of dollars it costs to have this garbage made, and why? Is there some secret system where they get their money back WHEN the film flops? Who reads a script like this and says "Oh, hell yeah. We HAVE to make this movie! Here's a check for $10 mil."?

Just mind-boggling.

These movies make money. That movie was actually funny if you didn't pay for it (I saw it on HBO).

King Kong Ain't Got Nothing On Me.

But with DVD Sales being what they are if they can break even at the box office they can turn a profit later on.

Good topic.

Can't wait for Bewitched

:^o

I saw one on a movie channel, I beleive the title was Swept Away starring Madonna. Unbelievably bad.

But I couldn't stop watching it, I had to see how bad it would get. It got worse and worse, yet in an unexplainable way, I was kinda entertained.

pathetically yours,

d

Kevin Smith is a one-joke stoner hack who blew his load with "Clerks" and has been living off of reputation since. The only reason people worship this ass-clown is because they too are oner-note stoner wannabe hacks who secretly believe that they too can string together their sh*tty weed and dick jokes to make an over-rated movie and become a millionaire. Jerks.

Kevin Smith is a one-joke stoner hack who blew his load with "Clerks" and has been living off of reputation since. The only reason people worship this a$$-clown is because they too are oner-note stoner wannabe hacks who secretly believe that they too can string together their sh*tty weed and d!ck jokes to make an over-rated movie and become a millionaire. Jerks.

tell us what you really think, TS. :roll: i still liked clerks and chasing amy. didnt really like mallrats. dogma was good too.

what is wrong with stoner hacks?

who do you like, fellini?

so I watched TROY with Brad Pitt this weekend...pretty kool not my USUAL pic for a rental, but ENJOYED the company!

Troy is one of my favorite movies...of course because I am a history geek and I love battle movies like that

although Alexander with Colin Ferrell pretty much sucked ass

Good topic.

Can't wait for Bewitched

:^o

I saw one on a movie channel, I beleive the title was Swept Away starring Madonna. Unbelievably bad.

But I couldn't stop watching it, I had to see how bad it would get. It got worse and worse, yet in an unexplainable way, I was kinda entertained.

pathetically yours,

d

Nah. The problem with bad films these days is they're just bad. The good old B movies were so bad they were good. The modern stuff is simply dull and rubbish.

tell us what you really think, TS. :roll: i still liked clerks and chasing amy. didnt really like mallrats. dogma was good too.

what is wrong with stoner hacks?

who do you like, fellini?

DOGMA??? Ugh! That movie SUCKED. And, for the record, I can't stand Affleck & Damon.

You are no longer my friend GG! :lol:

DOGMA??? Ugh! That movie SUCKED. And, for the record, I can't stand Affleck & Damon.

You won't won't find too many people defending BA's acting skills, but Damon's got possibilities.

Rounders, with Edward Norton.

Good stuff.

d

Archived