Is there one Jet fan on this board?

lancemehl

I hope to God Kellen does well,I just know that he wont.

I'd love it if he proved me wrong though.

The real question is: How well would CHAD do against the blitzing of the RAVENS if he was healthy and ready to play? That is the style that almost always beats him and makes him hurry his passes resulting in INTERCEPTIONS and hanging out the receivers to get hit. Check the record since the OAKLAND 2002 playoff game.

But instead of devisive articles by Jets fans, how about: GO JETS! Does it matter which QB leads us to a SB win?

The thing is, Chad played great Sunday an we got spanked! It's ALL on that defense, I don't care who's under center.

If Clemens has the EXACT stat line that Chad had last week(130 rating the 76%,the 2 TD,O INT's,you know, the whole bit) and we win 21-17. What's the Major story the next day?

Well I know what it will be.

and what it should be are two different things!

If Clemens has the EXACT stat line that Chad had last week(130 rating the 76%,the 2 TD,O INT's,you know, the whole bit) and we win 21-17. What's the Major story the next day?

Thankfully - not everybody uses the stat line as the litmus for who should be quarterbacking your football team.

ij.jpg

LOL

I'm sorry but your stalking the wrong guy.

The reason is quites simple. If we lose and Clemens plays great were no better than we were last week and it means the problems are coming from elsewhere ie.O-line,Defence.

If the problem is Clemens we have a starter coming back next week to solve that issue. Guess Who???

Thankfully - not everybody uses the stat line as the litmus for who should be quarterbacking your football team.

First off, about that pictur: LMFAO,

but about your reply:

You did understand the point of the post you quoted half of, right?

Here's my point fully:

If Clemens plays EXACTLY the same as Chad(I don't know any better way to gauge that except the stat line, it's usually what they base the Hall of Fame inductions on, so I think it's good enough for a message board) , but instead of losing the game 38-17, we win 17-14.

Should the lead story the next day be:

A. QB controversy

or

B. The Defense finally stepped up.

I say "B"

What WILL it be?

I think "A"

LOL

I'm sorry but your stalking the wrong guy.

The reason is quites simple. If we lose and Clemens plays great were no better than we were last week and it means the problems are coming from elsewhere ie.O-line,Defence.

If the problem is Clemens we have a starter coming back next week to solve that issue. Guess Who???

It's very unlikely that KC will have a great game today I-Jet. What the CS is hopefully looking for in him - is how he can execute certain plays and get accurate throws off that Chad isn't capable of making. To think he's going to come in and run every aspect of the offense like Penny isn't realistic and I think they know that.

It's very unlikely that KC will have a great game today I-Jet. What the CS is hopefully looking for in him - is how he can execute certain plays and get accurate throws off that Chad isn't capable of making. To think he's going to come in and run every aspect of the offense like Penny isn't realistic and I think they know that.

I know, Pennington right now is a better QB. My point is that if we lose today I hope the rest of the team steps up (D plays great,O-line improved) and its Kellen who makes the mistakes. Because that would be easy fixed, unlike the other problems.

I must say this again I do not dislike Clemens or even think that he cant be a good QB for us. I think that he could very well be a great QB in this league, but this season is not the year for us to bring him along.

Chad will be back next week IMO regardless of how Clemens plays. It would be nice if the team had improved while he was out.

I was around. O'Brien was victimized by the "In the grasp" rule because they considered him not a mobile QB. I admit, he was no John Elway, but he did exceptionally well playing for the most part behind a swiss cheese line. Head to head, O'Brien would match up against the best of them. Today the QB can shake off a defender. When O'Brien played he'd be called "In the grasp" (sacked) if a defender breathed on him. I'll never forget the Sunday afternoon when Kenny and Marino went at it and O'Brien won the game for us 51-45. There are other games too, but that one is a real standout. Reading about it is nice, but to have memories is the best. We always seem to be a player away, a game away, a coach away. Always something eludes us. I don't have too many years left to watch the Jets so naturally I hope they get another ring before I go on my last journey. But unlike many of the Jets Fans out there, I remember Superbowl lll. I was down in Florida at game time with my Father and his friends. They went to the game but a few of us didn't have a ticket. It was still a thrill though and the parties after the game were experiences I'll never forget. -- Go Jets --

good post. Kenny NEVER got his props. I remember the last time I ever saw him. He was on the Packers, he came in for an injured Brett Farve, in the pouring rain. 4th quarter,Pack needed 6,He led them down the field and on third down threw a strike to James Lofton in the endzone,who dropped the ball. Next play, 4th down, Kenny muffed the snap..Game Over, never saw the man again. I remember thinking, that drive summed up his career.

Between the "in the grasp" crap that you so astutely pointed out and the Marino on his back, he was VERY under-rated and, like you said he could shoot it out with the best of em.

That's what you DO lack with Chad, those 3 and 4 hundred yard games. But they usually come with INT's and I f--king HATE INT's.

First off, about that pictur: LMFAO,

but about your reply:

You did understand the point of the post you quoted half of, right?

Here's my point fully:

If Clemens plays EXACTLY the same as Chad(I don't know any better way to gauge that except the stat line, it's usually what they base the Hall of Fame inductions on, so I think it's good enough for a message board) , but instead of losing the game 38-17, we win 17-14.

Should the lead story the next day be:

A. QB controversy

or

B. The Defense finally stepped up.

I say "B"

What WILL it be?

I think "A"

It's apples and pomegranates Lance - theres no way you can compare the Ravens O with the Fraudriots O. We had better hold the Ravens to under 20 today though - or it's going to be a long season.

The thing is, Chad played great Sunday an we got spanked! It's ALL on that defense, I don't care who's under center.

Well I know what it will be.

and what it should be are two different things!

QB ratings dont matter.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/09162007/sports/qb_ratings__throw_em_out.htm

as Parcells used to say, you judge a QB by his ability to get his team in the endzone/score. We put up 14 points last week, and we wont win many games doing that. If Baltimore scores 3 this week we need or qb to lead us to 6 points and hes doing his job no matter what his rating is.

QB ratings dont matter.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/09162007/sports/qb_ratings__throw_em_out.htm

as Parcells used to say, you judge a QB by his ability to get his team in the endzone/score. We put up 14 points last week, and we wont win many games doing that. If Baltimore scores 3 this week we need or qb to lead us to 6 points and hes doing his job no matter what his rating is.

How about his ability to get his team in the endzone/score, with a bad ankle and the defense knowing what play you're running(most notably the TD to Coles where he dropped the first one and then said "One more time,baby. I promise I got this,Chad")I loved that. We said here it comes again,b--ch!)

but

I know stats don't matter, it's just a coincidence that the QB rating leaders every year are usually the best QB's and plus the Hall of Fame inductions are based on them, you got the Fantasy Football craze that is based on stats.

I, mean, flip football card over, there they go. Put on Espn, running along the bottom, all day, all night.

These stat things are hard to get away from, and, at least as long as I've been arguing sports, they do make great evidence to bolster a point.

Guy#1- " This Friggin guy NEVER rebounds"

Guy #2- " What do you mean? He's averaging 12 rebounds a game."

Guy# 1- "Stats don't matter"

lol

How about his ability to get his team in the endzone/score, with a bad ankle and the defense knowing what play you're running(most notably the TD to Coles where he dropped the first one and then said "One more time,baby. I promise I got this,Chad")I loved that. We said here it comes again,b--ch!)

but

I know stats don't matter, it's just a coincidence that the QB rating leaders every year are usually the best QB's and plus the Hall of Fame inductions are based on them, you got the Fantasy Football craze that is based on stats.

I, mean, flip football card over, there they go. Put on Espn, running along the bottom, all day, all night.

These stat things are hard to get away from, and, at least as long as I've been arguing sports, they do make great evidence to bolster a point.

The only stats that matter are how many SB rings a QB has. Stats are so misleading. A QB that throws 5 yard bombs to his FB or TE should have a high completion rate. QBs get paid to win no matter the circumstances. No excuses matter. Winning as in SBs is the only thing!

vs Raiders - First year starter, did great to take us as far as he did.

vs Steelers - Playing hurt, still helped us get into position to kick 2 game winning FG's

Last week vs The Pats (SB favourites) - Our best player by a country mile, no help AT ALL!!

Has proven he can get in done vs top tier teams. Imagine what he could do with the like of Baltimore, Chicago, Pittsburgh etc.

and how many SB rings does he have? QBs get paid to win. In 2002 we had a very excellent team and we did not win! Who was the QB?

I want to see Clemens "Marino-like" release. That was the scouting report. He supposedly has that Farve, Marino quick release and he throws a laser.

I'm excited to see that. Even with Vinny and Kenny, they had nice arms, but they were slow to drop back and wind it up. I'm VERY excited to see this kid zip it around, but, No Mistakes. That's it. "throw it away if it ain't there, baby."

Archived