Meet our new OG

Kentucky Jet

06:15PM - Jets Sign Offensive Lineman

by Gary Grund

Pat Yasinskas of the Charlotte Observer reports that former Panthers offensive lineman Will Montgomery was brought in for a workout with the Jets recently. Montgomery played in six games for the Panthers last season, four of which he started at right guard. Montgomery didn

The coach also announced that the Jets filled Miller's active-roster spot by signing free agent OL Will Montgomery, a Virginia Tech product and a strongman who did 35 reps in the 225-pound bench press at the 2006 combine workouts. Montgomery was Carolina's seventh-round pick in that draft and played in six games, starting four. He was a final cut of the Panthers earlier this month.

"I really liked his motor," Mangini said of watching video of Montgomery. "I thought he showed good pinch on second level. He's got good toughness and he's a good kid. He's played both guard and center and has some flexibility to go out to tackle."

These remarks were made at his Press conference today.

The coach also announced that the Jets filled Miller's active-roster spot by signing free agent OL Will Montgomery, a Virginia Tech product and a strongman who did 35 reps in the 225-pound bench press at the 2006 combine workouts. Montgomery was Carolina's seventh-round pick in that draft and played in six games, starting four. He was a final cut of the Panthers earlier this month.

"I really liked his motor," Mangini said of watching video of Montgomery. "I thought he showed good pinch on second level. He's got good toughness and he's a good kid. He's played both guard and center and has some flexibility to go out to tackle."

These remarks were made at his Press conference today.

Thats a good pick-up, a little depth at center and a Maine boy too.

Archived