Welcome to overreaction

Kentucky Jet

Welcome to Overreaction Nation

By Kevin Jackson

Page 2

Updated: September 19, 2007, 12:08 PM ET

There are 15 weeks left in the 2007 NFL season.

For a bunch of teams, however, it's pointless to keep playing. Their seasons are over. Done almost before they even got started. More cooked than Britney Spears and Larry Craig, combined.

In other words, it's time to focus on the draft, think about free agency and maybe get the youngsters in there for a few series as you play out the string.

Think mid-September is a bit early to throw in the towel? Then you're not listening to the guy screaming into his car phone on sports-talk radio, pleading for a quarterback change. You're not comprehending the words of the TV talking head who says it "always comes back to haunt you" when you lose a game in the National Football League. (Note: TV talking heads never, ever call it the "NFL"; that's disrespectful.) And you're definitely not spending any time on Internet message boards, where guys like "ltfan4life" will explain why the reigning league MVP is already washed up.

Welcome to NFL Overreaction Nation, a land where no sample size is too small for drawing conclusions, where the most common movement is the knee jerk, and where the distance between "Super Bowl-bound" and "headed for a top-10 pick" can be traveled in one NFL Sunday.

So, how did NFL Overreaction Nation respond to the first two weeks of the 2007 season? Page 2 had

its spies stationed throughout the country to chart the reaction

Wow

Jets fans (Chad haters) expose.d..

You can reasonably say that the back-up is better than the starter when the current starter wouldn't even start for his alma-mater. Oh and just because I'm saying KC is better than a crappy qb does not mean I'm saying that is anything special or even good.. just that he deserves to play over the nfl's version of the venus di milo(an armless statue).

You can reasonably say that the back-up is better than the starter when the current starter wouldn't even start for his alma-mater. Oh and just because I'm saying KC is better than a crappy qb does not mean I'm saying that is anything special or even good.. just that he deserves to play over the nfl's version of the venus di milo(an armless statue).
hahahahaha.........I Love it

As a real Jets fan, I take exception to what you say above. First off I am not a Penny hater, nor a Penny lover, nor a KC lover...I am a fan of the Jets and who ever will get us into the playoffs, and eventually into a SB and ending with a SB victory.

Penny has had his lumps of which he has earned since his performances in the playoffs simply were not good. But we have been there a couple-three times with Penny throwing those ducks.

In his first playoff performance against the Raiders, he sucked big time cause it was his first time.

In his second playoff against the Bolts, he didn't have a great game but he made the plays he had to make in other words the win against the Bolts was a team effort.

in his third playoff against the Steeler (divisional round), he had a worse performance cause of the competition, however the JETS should have won that game.

Now in his last playoff against the Pats..he looked scared but the team was completely outplayed, out coached and out smarted by BellyBoy & his Camera's......but this doesn't mean Penny can't win games, just that the whole thing will take a team effort.

Archived