Kerry Rhodes????

4HCrew

The front 7 is not doing a good enough job stopping the run so they Kerry to help fill gaps and make him more accountability in that job. Therefore it makes it harder to use him as a blitzer. He is off to a bit of a slow start as well, hopefully he doesn't fall into the Coleman hole.

BTW we need to stop over hyping our players. I already see it going on with Revis and it should stop. We called Coleman, Vilma, and Rhodes all perenial pro-bowlers at some point in their careers and it hasn't exactly panned out that way. Why don't we let these players actually walk the walk before we do the talking?

So what is his deal this year? does not seem to be making half of the impact as last year...less blitzing and appears to be getting beat in coverage... went to his head or not utilized correctly?

Like I mentioned in another thread, too much of the night lights I think.

Kerry was on WFAn this morning. He said the reason he hasnt been blitzing is the D has been doing a bad job on first down, giving up alot of yards, so the other team has been in 3rd and short quite often. He said that situation doesnt allow for him to blitz as he has coverage responsibilities.

They also asked him how his modeling career was going and he said the team is 0-2 and he wont be doing any of that until they get back on track.

Actually I am a very happy person thank you for asking. Am I happy watching my favorite player do next to nothing on the field? no am I happy with the Jets being 0-2 no Just to give you some insight....Some of the players I am happy with Mangold, Revis, Coles, Cotcherry

BTW we need to stop over hyping our players. I already see it going on with Revis and it should stop. We called Coleman, Vilma, and Rhodes all perenial pro-bowlers at some point in their careers and it hasn't exactly panned out that way. Why don't we let these players actually walk the walk before we do the talking?

I'd add Mangold to that list.

Is it me or are they not blitzing him enough either? I want some strip sacks dammit! That will only help get more pressure if they blitz Kerry like they did last season. One sack may give this unit enough confidence to go and get several more.

Archived