Jets' Oline ready to step up?

drago

IMO, they are. The Dolphins have had a good defense for years now, although i do think Taylor has lost a step, but he is still very tough coming off the edge, and brick was able to take care of business.

We obviously have a stud in Mangold, but i think the rest of the line is starting to play better as well. Look for another 100 yards on the ground in Buffalo.

IMO, they are. The Dolphins have had a good defense for years now, although i do think Taylor has lost a step, but he is still very tough coming off the edge, and brick was able to take care of business.

We obviously have a stud in Mangold, but i think the rest of the line is starting to play better as well. Look for another 100 yards on the ground in Buffalo.

Mangold let Chad get nailed early in the game once... turned a guy loose right at him... other than that he wasnt so bad...

The Dolphins have traditionally had a good D, but its always been the quick and smallish type which tires easily late in games. I believe thats why we usually do well agaisnt Miami since we have more of a finesse offensive line. Its the larger and more physical defenses in the league that give us the most problems. The Jets have always struggled with the more physical defenses. Id be cautious drawing any conclusions from the Miami game.

On a positive note at least Brick had a pretty good game vs Taylor, if I remember last year he got burned a few times.

Mangold let Chad get nailed early in the game once... turned a guy loose right at him... other than that he wasnt so bad...

I have to admit though if theres one guy out of that line who I'd prefer to see make a mistake it would be Mangold. WE KNOW that he is alright, its the rest that are worrying me. But it was great to see they improved on Sunday.

Aaron Schobel will be a good test for D'Brick. He is a more complete DE than Jason Taylor and he killed D'Brick last year. If D'Brick handles him after the nice job he did on Taylor, he may well be on his way to being the LT we thought we drafted.

Aaron Schobel will be a good test for D'Brick. He is a more complete DE than Jason Taylor and he killed D'Brick last year. If D'Brick handles him after the nice job he did on Taylor, he may well be on his way to being the LT we thought we drafted.

We can only hope...

Archived