An honest review of our entire offense:

Boozer76

WR's-We have a heck of a starting tandem in Cotch and Coles. Smith is a valuable weapon and McCareins is a decent 4th (even though I want to kill him right now).

RB's-Thomas Jones might not be all world, but he's running behind a line that is having a hard time opening holes against 8 men in the box.

TE-We don't have a stud like Gates or Gonzalez, but Baker is definitely serviceable and can get the job done.

OL-I agree they have not been playing well, but they have improved a bit over the last 2 games. I still don't think they're that good, but it's hard to assess their ability when they continually face 8 men whether we pass or run.

QB-We are playing with a deficiency at the moment. Having a strong arm does not suddenly mean we would or should be this incredible vertical attacking offense. What it does is forces the D to simply have to respect it. It allows the OL to not have to play 5 vs 8 football on every down. I'm going to be honest, if you trot out any half decent NFL QB and limit his game to 10 yards from the LOS 90% of the time, they will all have an awesome completion percentage and QB rating. I think it's time to let Clemens play, if nothing else I guarantee it will improve to running game tremendously.

WR's-We have a heck of a starting tandem in Cotch and Coles. Smith is a valuable weapon and McCareins is a decent 4th (even though I want to kill him right now).

RB's-Thomas Jones might not be all world, but he's running behind a line that is having a hard time opening holes against 8 men in the box.

TE-We don't have a stud like Gates or Gonzalez, but Baker is definitely serviceable and can get the job done.

OL-I agree they have not been playing well, but they have improved a bit over the last 2 games. I still don't think they're that good, but it's hard to assess their ability when they continually face 8 men whether we pass or run.

QB-We are playing with a deficiency at the moment. Having a strong arm does not suddenly mean we would or should be this incredible vertical attacking offense. What it does is forces the D to simply have to respect it. It allows the OL to not have to play 5 vs 8 football on every down. I'm going to be honest, if you trot out any half decent NFL QB and limit his game to 10 yards from the LOS 90% of the time, they will all have an awesome completion percentage and QB rating. I think it's time to let Clemens play, if nothing else I guarantee it will improve to running game tremendously.

You are dead on, 100% correct on everything mentioned.

exactly right I mean it ain't friggin rocket science here-we can all see what's going on-why doesn't Mangini? Bench Chad and Thomas Jones starts showing why he's worth it

He's got some good points, but how do you fix the D? Chad doesn't play on the defense the last time I looked and I'm in no way saying that Chad doesn't need to take a seat...we just suck, period. Shall we address the coaching while we're at it? I haven't seen one good coaching performance in any of these games...let's show some more boxing films...that should do it...:box:

He's got some good points, but how do you fix the D? Chad doesn't play on the defense the last time I looked and I'm in no way saying that Chad doesn't need to take a seat...we just suck, period. Shall we address the coaching while we're at it? I haven't seen one good coaching performance in any of these games...let's show some more boxing films...that should do it...:box:

Well, I don't think there is much to do to fix the D right now. I just don't think they are that good. We sent alot of blitzes yesterday and barely ever made it there. That makes nio difference 3-4 or 4-3. I think Harris will help tremendously if given more playing time, but that's pretty much it. On offense, I think the switch the Clemens could be the spark we need.

Starting Clemens over Chad will not solve all problems. It will make defenses respect his arm, which should open up things. Also, very important since we obviously are not going to the playoffs, we find out what we have in Clemens. If he isn't the long term QB, it is better to know that now than a year or two from now.

There is not much that can be done with the defense. We need some better players. Revis and Harris are good starts. we need some more.

As far as Mangini, I am not ready to give up on a 36 year old HC after 1 and 1/4 seasons. I think he is now a victim of the unexpected success he had last year. Walsh, Parcells and Belichick were not exactly balls of fire in their first couple of seasons as head coaches. You can always find a Norv Turner floating around. Let's see if Mangini has what it takes to get things going in the right direction. It is going to take a few years to make this a SB contender. How Mangini deals with this adversity will tell us a lot about if he is the guy to get that time.

Starting Clemens over Chad will not solve all problems. It will make defenses respect his arm, which should open up things. Also, very important since we obviously are not going to the playoffs, we find out what we have in Clemens. If he isn't the long term QB, it is better to know that now than a year or two from now.

There is not much that can be done with the defense. We need some better players. Revis and Harris are good starts. we need some more.

As far as Mangini, I am not ready to give up on a 36 year old HC after 1 and 1/4 seasons. I think he is now a victim of the unexpected success he had last year. Walsh, Parcells and Belichick were not exactly balls of fire in their first couple of seasons as head coaches. You can always find a Norv Turner floating around. Let's see if Mangini has what it takes to get things going in the right direction. It is going to take a few years to make this a SB contender. How Mangini deals with this adversity will tell us a lot about if he is the guy to get that time.

just another great post by DM....I'm glad you're over here...POTW nom

For some reason I keep thinking back to that Monday night game when Bledsoe threw that interception at the end of the half and was pulled by Parcells...maybe Eric Mangini should make a call to the Tuna and ask him what HE thinks about when e best time to make the move to Clemens would be best for the team-it seems to have worked out pretty damn good for The Cowboys right about now doesn't it?

For some reason I keep thinking back to that Monday night game when Bledsoe threw that interception at the end of the half and was pulled by Parcells...maybe Eric Mangini should make a call to the Tuna and ask him what HE thinks about when e best time to make the move to Clemens would be best for the team-it seems to have worked out pretty damn good for The Cowboys right about now doesn't it?

Chad will obviously start Sunday, but the only way I see Mangini maybe pulling Chad on Sunday is if were behind 14 or more and Chads thrown some picks.

Parcells actually talked about Clemens last week before the MIA game regarding his performance vs BUF. He said "I never would have expected Clemens to come in and play as well as he did in that game". You could tell he was genuinely impressed by him.

Parcells actually talked about Clemens last week before the MIA game regarding his performance vs BUF. He said "I never would have expected Clemens to come in and play as well as he did in that game". You could tell he was genuinely impressed by him.

(I know you meant Balt not Buf) that game when Parcells pulled the plug on Bledsoe was so much like what happened yesterday...a killer INT and another one before that except Parcells did what Mangini SHOULD have done-made the move at halftime

He's got some good points, but how do you fix the D? Chad doesn't play on the defense the last time I looked and I'm in no way saying that Chad doesn't need to take a seat...we just suck, period.

This team has a lot of problems, but the quarterback situation is the only problem with an easy and immediate solution available. We need to take advantage of it.

Archived