Belichick reveals the significance of the hoodie.

Alk

:rl: I can't even believe a reporter asked that question in a press conference. Maybe he should have followed it up by asking what he had for breakfast. I would love to be in that room to see the look on some of these guys faces as he answers these questions.

http://www.patsfans.com/price/blog/?p=122

Bill Belichick Q&A, 10/10

Posted on October 10, 2007

Filed Under Uncategorized

Here’s the complete transcript of Bill Belichick’s Q&A with the media this morning at Gillette Stadium:

BB: We’ve spent the last couple of days here working on Dallas. They’re a very, very impressive football team. I think they really do everything well. They’re very physical on both sides of the line of scrimmage. Statistically just about any stat that you want, they have. They can run it. They can throw it. They make big plays. They turn the ball over. They sack the quarterback. The have the most interceptions in the league. You could just go right down the line. They have a lot of great players. Defensively, they’re outstanding up front. They’re physical. The linebackers run well. They have a bunch of playmakers in the secondary of course headed by [Terrence] Newman, who they got back last week, and [Roy] Williams. Offensively, that offensive line is as big and powerful and explosive as I’ve seen in a long time with [Flozell] Adams and [Keith] Davis and [Andre] Gurode there. They’re very powerful. The tight ends are great. [Jason] Whitten is a great player, probably the best all around tight end that I’ve seen in a quite a while. [Tony] Romo is a very athletic quarterback. The play that he made against St. Louis where they snapped the ball over his head and he’s running around 35 yards behind the line of scrimmage and still scrambles and picks up a first down kind of epitomizes his playmaking ability. Both backs are outstanding. [Marion] Barber is having a terrific year. He’s really a hard guy to tackle. Both of them are good in the passing game. Of course they have a lot of big play receivers. You can’t underestimate guys like [Patrick] Crayton and [sam] Hurd just because they have T.O. [Terrell Owens] and Whitten. [Anthony] Fasano. They all get involved. They’re good in the kicking game. We saw that Monday night. A couple of big kicks there at the end. They cover well. [Leonard] Davis and [Patrick] Watkins and those guys are hard to handle in coverage and they return the ball well. They’re a complete team. They’re solid all the way around. They’re well coached. Wade [Phillips] has a very fundamentally sound defensive football team, but they don’t give you much. You have to earn it and they haven’t given up much. It will be a big challenge ahead of us this week. We don’t know these guys very well. Haven’t played them in several years and they have a lot of new players since then, a lot of young players who have developed, especially guys on the defensive line and linebacker group. They’re a very athletic team. They’re a very tough team. They’re a physical team and they’re hard to score against and they score a lot of points. Those second half numbers are pretty impressive - what they’ve done in terms of outscoring their opponents in the second half. They’re a team that kind of looks like they wear people down and they just keep coming at you. They’re pretty good.

Q: Will [Tom Brady] see action this week after being on the injury report this week?

BB: Brady? We’ll give you the injury report after practice today.

Q: Does it help that Dallas just played your division opponent? Is that helpful in any way?

BB: Not really. We’ve talked about it before. Buffalo, I thought they played an outstanding game Monday night, I’m not taking anything away from them, but their style of play is so different from ours, especially defensively. They play a different style of defense and they’re good at it and they’re fast and they’re quick and they stunt a lot and that’s just not something that we do a lot of. They would play them a lot differently than we would play them. Their style of defense is more like what St. Louis plays. That being said, there are certainly things that we can take from the game, I’m not saying that, but I think Buffalo’s style of play and our style of play, they’re not really that close, especially on the defensive side of the ball. Offensively, they’re a four-wide receiver team on third down. They mix the personnel groups up on early downs. There is some carryover, but we’re not really a four wideout team like they are sometimes on third down.

Q: You mentioned Dallas’ second half scoring. They haven’t really scored in the first quarter. Does that affect your planning at all?

BB: No, but look at the Giants game. They took the ball up and down the field against them. I don’t know. Did they score on the opening drive? They took it right down the field and hit Whitten for a touchdown. I don’t know if that was the first drive or not, but it was early in the game. They can move the ball. I think that may be a statistical abnormality, but I’m sure that over the course of the season, that will work itself out. They’re just too good on offense. They score running, throwing, tight ends, receivers, running backs, quarterbacks, they all score and they score a lot.

Q: Defensively, is last year’s film a little irrelevant with Wade coming in?

BB: Well, it’s a lot of the same players. I think structurally there are a lot of similarities, but it’s definitely different. Wade has had a great deal of success wherever he’s coached defense, whether it be as a head coach or a coordinator. His teams are very sound. They pressure quite a bit and they don’t make many mistakes. They haven’t given up many big plays, not nearly as many as they gave up last year. I think their secondary play, especially [Ken] Hamlin and Williams, the safeties, they’ve prevented a lot…they’ve given up fewer big plays than they gave up last year. Getting Newman back certainly helps. [Anthony] Henry, [Jacques] Reeves, the corner situation, but they’ve always had a couple of good guys out there. [Nathan] Jones has helped them out a little bit there in the sub situations. They’re solid. On third down, they are such a good first and second down defense that a lot of those third down situations are long yardage and then they tee off on the pass rush with [DeMarcus] Ware and [Anthony] Spencer and [Greg] Ellis and all of those guys, so it’s hard to hold the ball and get the ball down the field for the yardage you need.

Q: Do you see them using Ware the same way Wade used [shawne] Merriman?

BB: Yeah, I’d say it’s similar, but I really see Ware playing about the way he played last year. He plays outside on the 3-4 and he plays end on a 4-3, or in their 4-2 or sub package. He’s tough off the edge. He’s tough in pursuit. He’s a very instinctive guy – reads screens, like the interception he had against Atlanta last year on [Michael] Vick where he batted the ball up in the air and caught it on a bootleg and stuff like that. He’s strong. He’s fast. He’s athletic and you don’t want to run at him. You don’t want to run away from him. It’s a problem. It’s the same thing with the rest of those guys. You don’t want to run at [Marcus] Spears. You don’t want to run at [Chris] Canty either. You don’t want to run away from them. I think they’re good all the way around. They’re a very good pursuit team.

Q: Ho much better is Tom Brady this year than he was last year?

BB: I think Tom has been a pretty good player for us now. Each game every year there are good plays and there are a couple of plays that he’d like to have back, but he has a lot more good ones than not so good ones and that’s the way it’s been for a while here. It’s hard to criticize his play overall. Again, there’s always some things he can work on and get better at and Tom works very hard at that. I’d say overall his play…he’s a pretty good quarterback.

Q: Do you think nationally he’s been under appreciated?

BB: I don’t know. He’s appreciated here, I can tell you that. I don’t know what somebody else thinks. You’d have to ask somebody else that.

Q: Has he become a better self-evaluator?

BB: He’s always been pretty good at that. I think Tom has always been pretty good at that even going back to the 2000 season. You give Tom something to work at, he’s going to work at it and try to get better at it and do what he has to do. That’s just not on the field, it’s doing extra work, doing extra drills, spending extra time on things, whether it be physically or mechanically or just understanding overall, whether it’s our system or what the defenses are doing. He works very hard to get everything right. Everything is important to him and I think those little things show up sometimes when you least expect them, but usually in a positive way. He’s always done that. He’s always working to get better. He’s done it through his entire career. He’s certainly doing it this year. I think that’s a great example for all of us, that even a guy who is playing really good football is still always looking to do little things to get better and improve and that’s one of the reasons why he’s so successful.

Q: In last week’s game where both teams didn’t play their best football, as a coach, are you concerned about the breakdowns or are you encouraged that you didn’t play your best football and still won the game?

BB: I think every week, there are always plays that you need to correct and improve on. That was no different last week or the Cincinnati game or the Buffalo game or the San Diego game or the Jets game. There were things in every one of those games that we needed to talk about, improve and get straightened out. I think it’s going to be that way every week. I’m not really too concerned about those games, other than you want to try to learn from the mistakes and make improvements. All of that stuff is in the past, our game and their games and last year and everything else. The most important thing is these next four or five days to maximize our preparation for this game and be in the best position we can be Sunday afternoon to face them.

Q: How has Tom’s performance this season been influenced by the infusion of new receivers around him?

BB: Again, I think Tom has been a good player for us. If you look at the second half of the season last year, we threw the ball pretty well, about as well as anybody in the league. I think there are games where we’re throwing it. There are games where we’re running it. There are some times we’re throwing it deep. Sometimes we’re throwing it short, screen passes, things like that. You do what you need to do offensively to move the ball and score points and that’s what we try to do on offense. It’s not about stats. It’s not about getting the ball to one player ‘x’ number of times or getting so many yards rushing or passing or whatever. It’s about moving the ball and scoring points and winning the game. As long as we’re scoring points and winning, we’re efficient offensively. When we’re not doing that, then that’s not good.

Q: What is the origin of your sweatshirt?

BB: The origin of it? I don’t know. It’s comfortable. I can carry my stuff in my pouch here, whatever I need.

Because he's a secret member of the Cobra Kai.

boys28tn.jpg

If they fight that fight 100 times the Karate Kid loses 99 of them. It sucks though he beats that kid and then in the next movie Elizabeth Shue is nowhere to be found.

KarateKid16.jpg

If they fight that fight 100 times the Karate Kid loses 99 of them. It sucks though he beats that kid and then in the next movie Elizabeth Shue is nowhere to be found.

KarateKid16.jpg

I know, what's up with that? Dude wins that tourney you would think he could have afforded an extra plane ticket to bring his piece of a$$ to Japan with him too.

KarateKid16.jpg

But to be honest she totally comes off like the kinda bitch that will take your car during prom and wreck then run off with a college QB. Seriously who gives a f***, Danialsan got Japanese hottie action which is tops in any book.

But to be honest she totally comes off like the kinda bitch that will take your car during prom and wreck then run off with a college QB. Seriously who gives a f***, Danialsan got Japanese hottie action which is tops in any book.

You sound like you speak from experience. :P

Yeah but the logistics just stink. Here he had a beach hottie in his country. That should really be the priority. Always. Flying back and forth for the Holidays is never fun.

And it was Elizabeth Shue people. The fact that she left the Karate Kid high and dry only to move to Vegas and hook up with a drunk, well that just shows how bad her decisions are.

Unreal.

Archived